• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Retires

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Anyways, all this discussion will become irrelevant in three years when håland surpasses them all

UpTheGunnerz

The disrespect Drogba gets is unreal.

I think him performing in the big games earned him some bank for me.

Its not dosrespect, it’s a grounded opinion cemented In not overrating a player based on memorable performances on big occasions rather then consistency

UpTheGunnerz

Y’all just rate Drogba because he pounded our cornhole on the reg and saved Ivory Coast from a civil war

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Bro said Kano ffs.

Rooney and Agüero have nothing on him either, even Suarez is definitely debatable. Zlatan has had both unreal peaks and unrivalled longevity, not sure where this blatant disrespect comes from. Came to God's gift to the world the PL in his late 30s and got close to 20 in the league alone for a midtable side. Trophies, amount of goals, technical ability etc he's among the best ever in all everything.

I like Agüero but how on earth are you going to argue he's better.

It's because they bossed the best league in the world where as Zlatan played his career in the retirement league. Zlatan's failure at Barce is a black mark too, where as Etoo, Suarez and David Villa were able to adapt to their system, Zlatan didn't really

Criminal people aren't mentioning Etoo, RVP and Villa in the last 20 years too

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Its not dosrespect, it’s a grounded opinion cemented In not overrating a player based on memorable performances on big occasions rather then consistency

Not necessarily, those big games have a part to play as does longevity tbf. A bunch of those strikers that @GDeep™ named have performed on the biggest stage of them all, whereas Kane for example is good at racking up them goals but I’ve yet to see him do it on the biggest stage of them all.

Lad had piss running down his leg when it mattered which says a lot.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
The disrespect Drogba gets is unreal.

I think him performing in the big games earned him some bank for me.

I don't think Arsenal fans should be able to rate Drogba tbf If we extrapolited his goals against us as his running average and imagine he did the same week in week out he'd have smashed the all time goalscoring records into oblivion

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's because they bossed the best league in the world where as Zlatan played his career in the retirement league. Zlatan's failure at Barce is a black mark too, where as Etoo, Suarez and David Villa were able to adapt to their system, Zlatan didn't really

Criminal people aren't mentioning Etoo, RVP and Villa in the last 20 years too
The PL wasn't the best league in the world for most of Zlatan's career. Used to be Serie A then La Liga, granted he didn't do well at Barcelona but he was there for just one season too.

Agree with Eto'o and Villa not getting nearly the respect they deserve, you see criminal elder abusers like Rooney and frauds like Drogba who took seasons off like Hazard at his worst mentioned ahead of them ffs.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Rooney was better than Kane and Lewandowski
Lewandowski on a different level to both. Sure it's for Bayern but he unquestionably has longevity as well as high peaks. Treble winner 2020 while top scorer in all three competitions, five goals in nine minutes vs Wolfsburg etc neither of the Englishmen can have chat for him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Zlatan would be so pissed off that his tribute thread on AM, has just become a general top striker thread.

Can see the big Swede karate kicking G for daring to call Harry Kane "Kano" in the Ibra thread too :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Kane is in the same bracket as Ciro Immobile & Iago Aspas
Immobile broke the season record scoring 36 in one league season, also won a cup with Lazio and the Euros with Italy. Aspas a bit closer but even he won the EL with Sevilla I think.

Kane is probably closer in the Weghorst bracket in all time rankings. Historically comparable to Yakubu and them man.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Foolish opinion, one of the finest striker I’ve ever seen
How do you arrive at that opinion? Very slow, decent technique but nothing outrageous, not brilliant or exciting in any aspect really.

Outstanding fitness maybe and a great pen taker, shame he doesn't handle pens brilliantly when it matters like when taking them against France or using one to sign a contract with another club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think @jones assessment is fair.

Kane has to move to Real Madrid and succeed there to gain some respect from me. All good being a big fish in a small pond but the halfwit hasn’t had any pressure in his entire career.

Riou

Foolish opinion, one of the finest striker I’ve ever seen

Why do you like Kane so much anyway?

You aren't even an England fan, so there is no point where he is even playing for you country at least...all you see him do is dive, cheat and swear on his children's lives for goals that clearly didn't touch him and all this happens while he is playing for our most hated rival.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Why do you like Kane so much anyway?

You aren't even an England fan, so there is no point where he is even playing for you country at least...all you see him do is dive, cheat and swear on his children's lives for goals that clearly didn't touch him and all this happens while he is playing for our most hated rival.

Riou

Would Dennis Bergkamp qualify as one of the best strikers of the last 30 years, or would he be classed as a different position?

When I think about it, I can't believe there was a period were we had Bergkamp and Henry in one team...unreal that, 01/02 they where both were pretty much in their peak too...elite stuff!

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom