• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger statue to be unveiled at the Emirates

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

The bronze statue, which was created by award-winning sculptor Jim Guy, is 3.5 metres high and weighs approximately half a tonne, and depicts our former French manager lifting the Premier League trophy.

Tim Lewis, our Executive Vice Chair, said: “We’re delighted to recognise and celebrate Arsène Wenger's outstanding leadership and career at Arsenal Football Club. Arsène’s contribution to, and achievements with, the club mark him out as the club's greatest manager. He treated the club and its supporters to many trophies and fantastic memories and brought a revolution in the running of the club, an unbeaten season and the move to Emirates Stadium.

"It is fitting, therefore, that as a mark of the club's enduring respect and gratitude a magnificent statue of Arsène now stands outside Emirates Stadium. It is a place where our supporters and all who visit Emirates Stadium can be reminded of Arsène's contribution and his legacy."

Our manager Mikel Arteta added: “It’s such a great tribute that the club has done something special for Arsène that he fully deserves and merits. With a statue now at the stadium, Arsène can have that recognition and be here at our club forever.

"I’m so grateful to have played for Arsène at this club in my career. He chose me to be one of his players and selected me to be the captain of the club and that's something I will never forget." - hear more from Mikel

Arsène will be our guest of honour for the Emirates Cup match against AS Monaco on Wednesday, August 2, and will also be taking time to visit his statue in the forthcoming days.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Happy Premier League GIF by Arsenal

Our greatest manager😭
You were right! See post above this ⬆️

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Just saw the article on the official site.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/Arsène-wenger-statue-unveiled-emirates-stadium

Wonderful stuff, this was long overdue.

No talk of an official unveiling, instead Arsène Wenger will be present at the Monaco game next week. Fitting fixture as well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The bronze statue, which was created by award-winning sculptor Jim Guy, is 3.5 metres high and weighs approximately half a tonne, and depicts our former French manager lifting the Premier League trophy.

Tim Lewis, our Executive Vice Chair, said: “We’re delighted to recognise and celebrate Arsène Wenger's outstanding leadership and career at Arsenal Football Club. Arsène’s contribution to, and achievements with, the club mark him out as the club's greatest manager. He treated the club and its supporters to many trophies and fantastic memories and brought a revolution in the running of the club, an unbeaten season and the move to Emirates Stadium.

"It is fitting, therefore, that as a mark of the club's enduring respect and gratitude a magnificent statue of Arsène now stands outside Emirates Stadium. It is a place where our supporters and all who visit Emirates Stadium can be reminded of Arsène's contribution and his legacy."

Our manager Mikel Arteta added: “It’s such a great tribute that the club has done something special for Arsène that he fully deserves and merits. With a statue now at the stadium, Arsène can have that recognition and be here at our club forever.

"I’m so grateful to have played for Arsène at this club in my career. He chose me to be one of his players and selected me to be the captain of the club and that's something I will never forget." - hear more from Mikel

Arsène will be our guest of honour for the Emirates Cup match against AS Monaco on Wednesday, August 2, and will also be taking time to visit his statue in the forthcoming days.
Nice to see the club doing it with style and class! Like Tim Lewis' and Mikel's statements also.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Don't want to tarnish his legacy, his situation was quite different from our now... BUT If someone told be that if we stuck with Arteta for 22 years and and we would get 3 prems and 7 FA cups. I probably wouldn't take it.

Tnegs

It’s been a privilege to have been able to see his legacy at Arsenal unfold from Day 1. Needs a few more statues IMO turn him into a Ho Chi Minh type character with statues and paintings all over the club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't want to tarnish his legacy, his situation was quite different from our now... BUT If someone told be that if we stuck with Arteta for 22 years and and we would get 3 prems and 7 FA cups. I probably wouldn't take it.
The way the club is spending now, you’re absolutely right not too. But Arsène had half of that time on a shoe string, saddled with a huge stadium debt.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s been a privilege to have been able to see his legacy at Arsenal unfold from Day 1. Needs a few more statues IMO turn him into a Ho Chi Minh type character with statues and paintings all over the club.
This is such an unnecessary post here ffs.

This thread is to celebrate a moment. You could have written that in the Wenger or Arteta threads. It’s like someone graffitiing his statue.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom