• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger statue to be unveiled at the Emirates

Tnegs

This is such an unnecessary post here ffs.

This thread is to celebrate a moment. You could have written that in the Wenger or Arteta threads. It’s like someone graffitiing his statue.

It will be alright someday mate trust me. Time heals everything.

Buhry

Established Member

Don't want to tarnish his legacy, his situation was quite different from our now... BUT If someone told be that if we stuck with Arteta for 22 years and and we would get 3 prems and 7 FA cups. I probably wouldn't take it.

It was a tale of 2 decades with Wenger, the first decade was great, the 2nd decade was not.
Could he have done better the 2nd decade, for sure, there are many things he could have done better, I don't know about the inner workings at the club durng the last 10 years either. But not many managers would have done that much better with such a low spending level I think.

Nice statue, I like it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I'd have preferred the old Trafford pose or the current one with a golden statue.

In any case this was long overdue and totally deserved. Hopefully I get to see it soon!

I know stadium name has gone in the way of sponsors names like in the usa but still badly want it to be named after him.

GoonerJay24

It was a tale of 2 decades with Wenger, the first decade was great, the 2nd decade was not.
Could he have done better the 2nd decade, for sure, there are many things he could have done better, I don't know about the inner workings at the club durng the last 10 years either. But not many managers would have done that much better with such a low spending level I think.

Nice statue, I like it.

In my opinion the second decade was a remarkable achievement and arguably better.

Getting into Europe constantly whilst challenging star studded Chelsea and Man Utd teams for the title, with a team of mostly young players. What coach has performed like this in football?

Greatest manager of all time, in my opinion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Deserved it more than anyone associated with Arsenal, the most famous person in our entire club's history...the impact he made in those 22 years, feels like you can never give him enough praise when you think about it.

Hopefully Patrick is up next to get one, he should be next in line imo.

Bucephalus

Nice statue, I like it.
The first decade was glorious. The second decade was a more impressive accomplishment. Keeping us going, still in the top four, still playing pretty football, on a shoestring budget, while Kroenke's weren't putting money in during their battle with Usmanov and paying off the stadium that was necessary when we committed to it only to find out that TV money would dwarf bums in seats money, is something no other manager could do.

It should be the Arsène Wenger Stadium. Call it the Arsène Wenger Stadium Sponsored by Emirates if it has to.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom