• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Yeah Laca had a bit of swagger about him as well especially his first couple seasons, he wasn’t always bemoaned.

This is why I criticise the people who bring up Kai's technical ability as an asset. How does a DM from West Ham look more technical than an attacking midfielder from a Chelsea side that won the Champions League? That's crazy to me.

And one more thing. Funny when we had Cesc, Özil and Cazorla as our attacking midfielders no one brought up their duels won.

You must need an eye test. Rice doesn’t look anywhere near as technically gifted as Havertz what are you chatting 😂

What exactly have you seen to determine that and create that opinion?!

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Kai is arguably one of the most technical players we have right now. I’d rate him just behind Ødegaard,Zinchenko and Partey. Most times you wonder if you’re watching the same sport with a lot of people here

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Kai is arguably one of the most technical players we have right now. I’d rate him just behind Ødegaard,Zinchenko and Partey. Most times you wonder if you’re watching the same sport with a lot of people here
Our time will come. We just have to be patient for now.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Kai is arguably one of the most technical players we have right now.

He's really not and I don't know where this came from, but doesn't mean he can't be a success.

At a push you could say he has better shooting technique than a lot of the squad, but in terms of touch and manipulating the ball, receiving the ball he's actually mid in this squad.

In addition to the names you mentioned, the Hale End lot, Vieira and Trossard leave him in the dust technically. Even Martinelli is ahead of him in set pieces, they wouldn't even let Havertz stand around and pretend to kick it unless it's a penalty.

He's the better natural athlete than a lot of them though.

King87

He's really not and I don't know where this came from, but doesn't mean he can't be a success.

At a push you could say he has better shooting technique than a lot of the squad, but in terms of touch and manipulating the ball, receiving the ball he's actually mid in this squad.

In addition to the names you mentioned the Hale End lot plus Trossard and Vieira leaves this guy in the dust technically.

Actually you could say that's mostly due to his lack of confidence right now. At full pelt in Leverkusen he was actually unbelievable

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I even forgot Jesus, I don't think we could say in good conscience that Havertz sticks out in this squad technically.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kai is not even top 10 most technical players we have. Guy is a donkey. He can’t do anything on the ball

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

At a push you could say he has better shooting technique than a lot of the squad

A few of those clips just prove what I said and backheels we've seen Nketiah and ESR do.

The pair of us didn't even mention Martinelli, I don't tend to rank him as highly technically as some others in this squad but look at him when he decides to turn it on.

Kai doesn't stand out technically in this squad, not dribbling, not touch, not long range or incisive passing, all the hallmarks of good technique he's not displayed it in the league other than the odd finish.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Kai is decent technically I think, but what he’s best at are those instinctive little flicks.

Players/people who rely on instinct are prone to over thinking things when they’re low on confidence.

Kai is probably guilty of this right now. Which actually goes to the real problem with him - I’m not sold on his mentality. Seems a bit weak.

If Arteta can bring his confidence back somehow he’ll probably be decent for us.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Kai doesn't stand out technically in this squad, not dribbling, not touch, not long range or incisive passing, all the hallmarks of good technique he's not displayed it in the league other than the odd finish.

Thing is, as a team we are technically incredible, and this gets overlooked a lot, especially around here. It’s only City that betters us in terms of technique. Liverpool and that lot, there’s a big gap.

If a player comes in and doesn’t look massively out of place, then he is technically sound. What’s looked off with Havertz is his decision making, not his technique imo.

Fwiw, Jesus and Ødegaard are clear imo, then there’s not really much in it with the rest of the midfield/attack.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If a player comes in and doesn’t look massively out of place, then he is technically sound. What’s looked off with Havertz is his decision making, not his technique imo.

Some of his wackness is technique though, even his body shape is wrong before he receives the pass. It limits his view and when the opponent closes down the only thing he can do is return the ball rather than progress play.

This aspect can probably be coached though, but there's like 10 players you wouldn't have to explain this to in the squad which was my point.

Havertz (and Rice but that's a whole can of worms for a different thread) can't receive the ball in tight central areas and it's cost us in the build up in our opening 4 games.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Some of his wackness is technique though, even his body shape is wrong before he receives the pass. It limits his view and when the opponent closes down the only thing he can do is return the ball rather than progress play.

This aspect can probably be coached though, but there's like 10 players you wouldn't have to explain this to in the squad which was my point.

He (and Rice but that's a whole can of worms for a different thread) can't receive the ball in tight central areas and it's cost us in the build up in our opening 4 games.

I’ll watch closer next game. I’ve been pretty focused on his movement so far.

Rice is getting better at this tho, was my biggest worry with him but I’ve seen progress already just in a few games so I’m less stressed.

King87

Same, he's not terrible but saying "Kai is arguably one of the most technical players we have right now" is just simply not true at all, hence the long list of names mentioned above.

Mid tier at best in this current squad, 3 years ago had he come you could probably say that.
Yeah I guess it speaks more of the array of quality players we currently possess right now that even a player like Kai who by all means is far from sh*t technically and was Chelsea's best player albeit in a poor team will struggle to stake a claim in our top 5 technicians.

Although I still mostly think his ability is affected a great deal when his confidence is on the floor like it is right now and will eventually show more when he gets his mojo back but you've got to admit Dirty chavs did a job on him tbf

Last edited:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Although I still mostly think his ability is affected a great deal when his confidence is on the floor like it is right now and will eventually show more when he gets his mojo back but you've got to admit Dirty chavs did a job on him tbf

For sure, I do believe Kai has a level above what he’s shown for sure. I’ve been part of it but I think we’ve gone overboard in the analysis for 4 Arsenal games.

King87

Unreal level of imagination for the Mod with the tag change btw..Absolute work of a genius.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom