• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Bradpiff

If we end this season again trophyless i don’t know how Tet backers will have the nerve to claim that all true fans back Mik. It is funny that loyalty to Mikel; not just by the fans but by the players as well is the only way they measure love for the club. When does Mik’s emotionality, inexperience and mistakes in constructing a team and rating players get acknowledged by the wider fanbase? I don’t understand why everyone feels a giant club with one of richest owners in sports needs this one neophyte manager with a near empty trophy case, more than he needs us?

They will just say give him until the summer he needs more time, ffp oil clubs blah blah blah

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
The reactionary nature normally comes from American and Arabian fans. Just dont listen to them. Arteta is going nowhere, no serious lubs move on managers becuase of results in isolation. Taking the biggest step back we are 2 points of top at the halfway mark and through the last 16 of the CL.

Yet because of these isolated results some fans think we need to change everything. I cannot stand their wetness and dopey takes.

If you cant handle a setback and defeat, **** off.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Two clear mistakes, both very clearly out to anyone with functioning eyes. And the handball was allowed because Ødegaard was falling, which is the exact example given in the rules for when handball doesn't apply.
Nah man, take off those rose tinted glasses of yours. Agree on the Newcastle one but I didn’t see one frame today showing the ball was out. Even looked like it was never over the line (by like 1 cm or so) in the last frame my broadcast showed. Ødegaard should’ve been a penalty. He was falling but there was clear movement towards the ball and you would’ve been there right in front of the queue crying about refs if the situation was the opposite and we weren’t given it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
They will just say give him until the summer he needs more time, ffp oil clubs blah blah blah
I think even if we finish 4th or 5th and win nothing the fan base will want him back. Most disheartening thing when i visited Emirates was how much credibility this guy has for underperforming

SuperMikel

I think even if we finish 4th or 5th and win nothing the fan base will want him back. Most disheartening thing when i visited Emirates was how much credibility this guy has for underperforming
BS. You never made it through customs

mod edit: take a month off

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I honestly would not be against him leaving in the summer. Not a deserved sacking. But I just don’t think he has it in him to make this club great and don’t want him to waste years and hundreds of millions. He is very limited tactically and by the time he has done, so will saka and Martinelli by overplaying

We also need a football direct that can tell him to F off when he wants to hoard players. He extended Nelson and Nketiah. They are his players. Same with ESR and Vieira. Make it work

blaze_of_glory

Nah man, take off those rose tinted glasses of yours. Agree on the Newcastle one but I didn’t see one frame today showing the ball was out. Even looked like it was never over the line (by like 1 cm or so) in the last frame my broadcast showed. Ødegaard should’ve been a penalty. He was falling but there was clear movement towards the ball and you would’ve been there right in front of the queue crying about refs if the situation was the opposite and we weren’t given it.
Well, disagree on all fronts I'm afraid. There was a pretty clear shot of the ball being completely behind the player's leg that was completely behind the line. The ball could only have been out

And the Ødegaard one is literally in the rule book. There's not really any debate

SuperMikel

Oh were we go. The fuking melts want to bring in De Zerbi and Tom Tom Frank again.

Or lets bring back Unai. He can resign Pepe

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The tale was that he built a formidable defense and a versatile, flexible attack that is capable of dominating every match and create a new dynasty in the game

Once you took the Artetainted glasses though...what you see is not "mistakes" that we just need to do away with but that happen every single match, "golden chances wasted" that are a lot closer to xg statpadding than anything resembling a sitter and a "control" that is way more aligned to "it's okay if neither of us can play football" than to imposing our style and conditions in most games.

If this creates a new dynasty in the game, it's a negative for the sport.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Well, disagree on all fronts I'm afraid. There was a pretty clear shot of the ball being completely behind the player's leg that was completely behind the line. The ball could only have been out

And the Ødegaard one is literally in the rule book. There's not really any debate
I believe I’m pretty objective, and I believe we were done one in Newcastle.

It’s a bad low resolution picture and ideally we’d have a better one that’s zoomed in, but I genuinely don’t think this is out and you can’t say it definitively is. Conversely, if it was ruled out on pitch I don’t think that gets overturned either.

I get what you’re saying with Øde handball, but you can’t deny he deliberately moved his hand to stop it. Regardless of what the rules say not one person on here would be ok with that not given if it was against us, given how it happened

blaze_of_glory

I believe I’m pretty objective, and I believe we were done one in Newcastle.

It’s a bad low resolution picture and ideally we’d have a better one that’s zoomed in, but I genuinely don’t think this is out and you can’t say it definitively is. Conversely, if it was ruled out on pitch I don’t think that gets overturned either.

I get what you’re saying with Øde handball, but you can’t deny he deliberately moved his hand to stop it. Regardless of what the rules say not one person on here would be ok with that not given if it was against us, given how it happened
Problem is that the sport itself isn't objective. The refs certainly aren't, and even the rules say things like "in the opinion of the referee..." So I don't see the point in even trying. I will call it as I see it and after watching and playing for over 30 years I basically only trust my own view. In other aspects of life this would be ridiculous but this is football.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The reactionary nature normally comes from American and Arabian fans. Just dont listen to them. Arteta is going nowhere, no serious lubs move on managers becuase of results in isolation. Taking the biggest step back we are 2 points of top at the halfway mark and through the last 16 of the CL.

Yet because of these isolated results some fans think we need to change everything. I cannot stand their wetness and dopey takes.

I’m assuming @Farzad opinion triggered you but that reactionary comment is quite a poor one to make and the type you’d hear from a Stoke or Burnley fan.

My advice is that if you can’t handle other people’s opinion then I don’t think posting on a forum is a wise choice imo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You calling yourself supermik. You can hardly judge Arteta objectively. You are a super fan

fute

Against the current top 5 of the Premier League now,we've won only 1 game, that is against City.

Add to that:

Loss to Newcastle
Draw with Chelsea.

That tells you the team has some issues. If we want to win the league this year, we will have to do better.

Offensively,it looked ugly out there with guys trying to play 1 on 1 hero-ball and forcing shots.

Arteta has his work cut out for him. This is his squad. Financially we are at our limit, correct? If so, then this will force Arteta and staff to rely on his management/coaching/player development skills as opposed to just going shopping again.

IrishGooner93

How do we keep buying players and spending loads of money yet are still short of a couple of world class players and still a thin squad with no rotation options , especially in forward areas.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
How do we keep buying players and spending loads of money yet are still short of a couple of world class players and still a thin squad with no rotation options , especially in forward areas.
Mik can’t rate players and puts his pets on the bench when they have no business at club

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

We haven’t really made any big money signings in the forward areas tbf. Maybe Havertz but he was a replacement signing for a first XI player so he doesn’t fall under depth/rotation.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

In 4 years we’ve spent £63M across the front 3 on two players. Am I right in saying that? Jesus and Trossard.

No title winning club relies on two 22 year olds to be the match winners by the way.

Whilst we’ve absolutely nailed the defence and to some extent, the midfield, we desperately need two players to take the burden off of Saka/Nelli and let them ****ing develop

Rattata

Tired of clueless people blaming the change to a more control based football style this season. It's so far from the truth.

The reality is Jesus is not the same after his multiple knee injuries, Martinelli has been largely poor, Saka is out of form the past games, Ødegaard's long shots aren't the weapon they were last season and Trossard has been poor since Arteta dropped him for Eddie in the first game of the season.
Besides that Arteta doesn't trust any other attacking player besides Eddie. Maybe he got a point maybe not. It's hard to judge since they play so little.

Our attacking players are just worse in the box compared to last season. We still create enough chances every game to leave the pitch as winners.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom