• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You being your usual silly self.

Ill repeat the idea though, so that your silliness dies here. You take Zinchenko off when the advantage with him playing is there. Because he is a defensive liability.
@Gooner Zig said he gassed after 70-75 mins. Is it really silly to expect a player be able to play 90 mins? Or you want to waste a sub on him every game because he can’t complete 90 mins?

I agree with you that he is defensive liability and in the summer I would get rid. Spending time finding clever ways to cover a defender who can’t defend is losing battle. Ask pep with Zinchenko and cancelo

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Gooner Zig said he gassed after 70-75 mins. Is it really silly to expect a player be able to play 90 mins? Or you want to waste a sub on him every game because he can’t complete 90 mins?

I agree with you that he is defensive liability and in the summer I would get rid. Spending time finding clever ways to cover a defender who can’t defend is losing battle. Ask pep with Zinchenko and cancelo

Yeah fitness levels can be worked on. I dont think that is an issue really.

The bigger issue is tactical and closing a gap that he creates at the back. Even if he could go for 100 minutes, because that's the actual standard, I would still sub him off as soon as the game is safe for us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah and 95+% of the time those errors aren't really costly. He needs to be hooked after about 70-75 mins as I noted above he tends to make these errors late in the game when he's gassed.
They aren't costly because he's got 2 phenomenal CBs and a great DM to clean up after him. Guess what was costly? Him getting rinsed by Trent to allow Liverpool to score and kill our title charge. Being error prone is the issue, them not always being costly is a feature of luck, not something to praise. A player who can't play a full 90 minutes and who routinely makes errors should be criticized. Why would they not be?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
In the past, I have campaigned for Zinchenko to play in midfield. But now I realise that his poor fitness levels will only harm us if he were to play in a more physically demanding role. After 70 minutes he switches off in every game, and it's bothering me.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
In the past, I have campaigned for Zinchenko to play in midfield. But now I realise that his poor fitness levels will only harm us if he were to play in a more physically demanding role. After 70 minutes he switches off in every game, and it's bothering me.

We still need him in the team because of the lack of creativity particularly down our left hand side but I’m hoping this won’t be the case after the summer 🙏

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nah it’s coz his “obvious errors” almost always lead to a goal. They are a problem man. You can’t erase them with a decent forward display.

I’m not saying we get rid of him, but no way is he motm either.

That's just not what the data says dude. It's fine to critique Zinny but to say he's a "liability" is just chatting bollocks.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
That's just not what the data says dude. It's fine to critique Zinny but to say he's a "liability" is just chatting bollocks.

I don’t think aggregate data would do this topic justice tbh. It would need to be a very specific datapoint. Maybe sth like looking at the ratio of errors leading to goals divided by total defensive actions for all our backline players.

Problem is Zinny like yesterday is often at fault for the pre assist which may not be reflected in the “errors leading to goal” statz

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They aren't costly because he's got 2 phenomenal CBs and a great DM to clean up after him. Guess what was costly? Him getting rinsed by Trent to allow Liverpool to score and kill our title charge. Being error prone is the issue, them not always being costly is a feature of luck, not something to praise. A player who can't play a full 90 minutes and who routinely makes errors should be criticized. Why would they not be?

That’s why I cant stand him. You have required two top CBs and a top DM and you handicap them with a lb who can’t defend. It’s so unfair on them and I bet Whites frustration isn’t a lone thing. I remember the wolves game he gave the ball away 3 times in 10 mins and they scored on the 3rd and a comfortable 2-0 became a nervy 2-1

Batman

That’s why I cant stand him. You have required two top CBs and a top DM and you handicap them with a lb who can’t defend. It’s so unfair on them and I bet Whites frustration isn’t a lone thing. I remember the wolves game he gave the ball away 3 times in 10 mins and they scored on the 3rd and a comfortable 2-0 became a nervy 2-1
Agreed although White is certainly prone to his own clown moments that put his teammates under pressure. Saliba, Gabriel and Rice are asked to do an awful lot more than they should because of these liabilities though. It's annoying. Good for White having a go at him. There's no good reason for it in a game we should be seeing out comfortably and it's down to be casual and lacking focus, not something that isn't preventable.

SA Gunner

Look, Im not excusing the mistake but you have to take such risks to give your team other benefits.

You see the same thing with Trent at Liverpool. Offensively a machine, defensively a hole to exploit.

Batman

Look, Im not excusing the mistake but you have to take such risks to give your team other benefits.

You see the same thing with Trent at Liverpool. Offensively a machine, defensively a hole to exploit.
Trent has helped them win a league and CL. Zinny has shown "pashun", cried and signed with Skechers. Slightly different standards. You can be a bit more forgiving with a player who possesses and elite skill that has yielded top tier silverware.

fute

Trent has Allison in goal.

We have Raya.

Zinny isn't the only one protected by Saliba, Rice, and Gabriel.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Trent lost his RB place in the nation’s team because he can’t defend and was hugely criticised last season. But Trent is actually productive unlike Zinchenko. He has had 57 assists in the league since 2018. Better than most wingers

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Trent has helped them win a league and CL. Zinny has shown "pashun", cried and signed with Skechers. Slightly different standards. You can be a bit more forgiving with a player who possesses and elite skill that has yielded top tier silverware.

So Zinny hasn’t won 4 PL titles, 1 FA Cup and 4 League cups?

SA Gunner

Trent lost his RB place in the nation’s team because he can’t defend and was hugely criticised last season. But Trent is actually productive unlike Zinchenko. He has had 57 assists in the league since 2018. Better than most wingers

What do you mean Zinchenko isnt productive?

He plays a very similar role to Trent at Liverpool, being able to connect our defensive line with our forwards and along with Ødegaard keep our game ticking along.

There are a lot of benefits to having Zinchenko in our team, lets not get that twisted.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom