• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Negative defensive plays = Letting Salah score

That’s why stats are so misleading. His defending for Salah was inexcusable. Any half decent defender forces Salah out to the right on his weaker foot. And if he beats you from there then fair enough

But to let him turn inside to his left foot and just flick a foot out there lazily is pathetic.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
That’s why stats are so misleading. His defending for Salah was inexcusable. Any half decent defender forces Salah out to the right on his weaker foot. And if he beats you from there then fair enough

But to let him turn inside to his left foot and just flick a foot out there lazily is pathetic.

And I agree, as I said before. He's not good enough defensively. You said he was sloppy on the ball, but in reality he adds so much to our possession play.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The stats aren't misleading, you're just disregarding them as they destroy your narrative that Zinchenko = liability.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I trust my own eyes. Anyone who knows football knows Zinchenko is a liability

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Zinny is a midfielder who has been repurposed as a defender by Pep & Arteta. It's not his natural game & it shows. He is the weak link in our defence.

The off set is what he brings to the build up & link up play offensively.

Is it enough to accept the defensive lapses ? His end product doesn't add to goals or assists so I'm not sure tbh. He's a risk/reward player & tbh the risk outweighs the reward for me.

If we played him solely as a midfielder I would be cool with that..

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He's awful, doesn't really contribute anything meaningful. For all the lamentations about Xhaka leaving, probably the best thing he was doing last season was covering Zinchenko's irrelevance.

We're still waiting for him to compensate his clear deficiencies but all he's doing is overexert Gabriel really. Martinelli is a lost cause, Havertz is a lost cause, nothing in his side works properly but we're supposed to be grateful that he produces less effective cutbacks than Kolasinac's here and there.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If this guy was any other nationality but Ukrainian he’d have been binned long ago.
Havertz is Ukrainian? The manager can’t rate players; if Stevie Wonder can do a Google search he can rate players better than Mik.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Zinny is a good back up midfielder, he is a cr.p fullback. My granny nan could dribble by him. He could contribute in a lesser role; but at the risk of sounding redundant the manager doesn’t know what he is doing. Just look; he makes an ok midfielder into a garbage fullback. And for 65 million and 1.2 milly a month; he turns a terrible striker into even more sh.t midfielder. Am i in the blooming Twilight zone; or did we hire a punchy manager who has had one too many close encounters with an onrushing keeper or goalpost?

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom