• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was Robin Van Persie right?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Cesc gave us many good years, playing through years of watching the likes of Bendtner ruining everything he built. He left like a dickhead but he left for home and abroad at least.

RVP glass boned cripple snake who became captain and turned on the club after 6 years of straight injuries. Talking about being into little boys for Shir Alexsh no question RVP the bigger c*nt.

Try 8!!

He was brought in the summer after we became invincible. And all he had to show for it was one season where he caught the notice of Sir Alex.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I believe this guy nailed it.

Speaking for myself rather finish my career with atleast one prem medal than the adulation of smelly, illiterate Arsenal fans.

Rather big talk for someone who's just as smelly as the rest of us unwashed cultists :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell spent most of his career on the other side of North London.
He was even a Sp**s youth player.

He walked for nothing. We got pretty much top dollar for RVP.

You reckon Sol make a dumb decision coming here🤔

He could have stayed at Sp**s & been remembered as a club legend like Ledley King & won nada.

Fact is few very top level players will stay at a club if it ain't competing for top honours.

Big difference in my opinion.

Campbell: Hated in the white half of North London. Revered as a legend & invincible in the red half of North London.

Van Persie : Hated in London, barely rememberd in Manchester.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I used to be a lurker back in those days & I will forever remember the moment it was announced on AM.

You immediately denounced him & asked for your username to be changed from Yousif Persie to Yousif Arsenal. All I could think to myself

"Damn, that's proper hate. Iraqis hold a grudge like no one else!!" :lol:
He also stabbed me in back because was my favorite player

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Big difference in my opinion.

Campbell: Hated in the white half of North London. Revered as a legend & invincible in the red half of North London.

Van Persie : Hated in London, barely rememberd in Manchester.
Fair point but RVP only really had 1 top season at Man U so was never gonna be remembered as a legend. At the end of the day he achieved what he wanted a prem winners medal & that wasn't happening here.
As I said before few very top players will stay at clubs that are not seriously competitive & in the mix for the top prizes.
We had over a decade of doing well to finish top 4 but pretty much not being serious challengers come the business end of the season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You think Wenger signs Giroud if RVP sticks around? I'm not too sure tbh. Not impossible but I feel like Wenger tended to prioritize filling holes in the squad and not spending decent money on competition for already established starters.

That was the narrative at the time but tbh it always smelled fishy to me, said so at the time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You think Wenger signs Giroud if RVP sticks around? I'm not too sure tbh. Not impossible but I feel like Wenger tended to prioritize filling holes in the squad and not spending decent money on competition for already established starters.

Everyone knew before that season even ended that Van Persie was off, we signed Podolski before the Euros and Giroud not long afterwards. We were never gonna sign two forwards vying for a starting place without expecting Van Persie to leave, also factoring in the financial situation back then.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Everyone knew before that season even ended that Van Persie was off, we signed Podolski before the Euros and Giroud not long afterwards. We were never gonna sign two forwards vying for a starting place without expecting Van Persie to leave, also factoring in the financial situation back then.
We signed Özil a year after we got one of if not the best CAM in the league in Cazorla. Not like Wenger was above making signings like that

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He had the same form for us that he did for Man Utd but the difference is he lead them to a title while we scraped 4th.

No brainier why you’d want to go to Man Utd and leave Arsenal. Football fans are just too bias to be rational but Arsenal had no ambition to win trophies back then.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Fair point but RVP only really had 1 top season at Man U so was never gonna be remembered as a legend. At the end of the day he achieved what he wanted a prem winners medal & that wasn't happening here.
As I said before few very top players will stay at clubs that are not seriously competitive & in the mix for the top prizes.
We had over a decade of doing well to finish top 4 but pretty much not being serious challengers come the business end of the season.
The sad irony is, had we kept RVP and still brought in Cazorla and Podolski, we probably win the league that year ourselves as we were significantly improved except for a big downgrade at CF, and Utd were hugely reliant on RVP

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No matter what we say, he got what he wanted...

photo_1376237140277-5-HD.jpg

...he wanted that second Super Cup, and Arsenal just weren't in a position to offer him that anymore.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Interesting that he says GAZIDIS decided he didn’t agree with any of his conditions. A-Ms being telling me for years that Wenger controlled everything from the colour of RVPs jock strap to type of tea served in the hospitality suite. Lol.
Wouldn’t believe RVP there, he’s just trying to not throw Wenger under the bus. Remember in his statement at the time, he lied and said that Gazidis was on holiday so he couldn’t have talks with him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t believe RVP there, he’s just trying to not throw Wenger under the bus. Remember in his statement at the time, he lied and said that Gazidis was on holiday so he couldn’t have talks with him.
Yea I remember the holiday story well. Gazidis even posted a photo of himself in the Emirates at the time I think.

Also remember the question "where is Gazidis" at the time led to an all time great post on here

Probably at home waxing his head and letting more contracts run down.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom