• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior: Going Sour For Him?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He's technically very sound. For a 3rd CB we could hardly get anyone better.

Thought he's getting more natural as a LB but when faced with speedy wingers I'm still not confident with him there.

That said it makes a more sense for White to invert than Kiwior which is why they are all thriving

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He's technically very sound. For a 3rd CB we could hardly get anyone better.

Thought he's getting more natural as a LB but when faced with speedy wingers I'm still not confident with him there.

That said it makes a more sense for White to invert than Kiwior which is why they are all thriving

Luckily the league lacks proficient speedy wingers, especially right wingers.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Seems to do well as a backup utility defender, but he might have bigger aspirations than that....

He's just starting to find his niche in this team and you think he's just going to pack up and leave? Especially as we look like competing for the biggest trophies over next few seasons. My understanding is that he's a regular Poland international so having to start regularly at club level isn't a problem for him.

He'd be mad to want to leave now imo.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He arrived at an awkward time and then Saliba got injured, so the pressure was enormous. His first 6 months here was largely wasted. Now he's had time to bed in and whilst being played out of position, it's closer to his strengths than being asked in invert. Not sure he wants to be backup but he's looking good not only in defence but also offensively.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's just starting to find his niche in this team and you think he's just going to pack up and leave? Especially as we look like competing for the biggest trophies over next few seasons. My understanding is that he's a regular Poland international so having to start regularly at club level isn't a problem for him.

He'd be mad to want to leave now imo.
I hope you are right. He might want to be a nailed on starter, and I'm not sure he'll get that here.

Time will tell.

He's coming along very nicely considering he isn't a full back, and is effectively learning his trade in a different position than his actual one

Jason Jace

He's doing well, has done well generally since he came..

He drove me crazy when he ducked out of a couple of headers last season but he seem to have cut that out

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He's been doing good recenly seriously other than yellow card incident vs Conceicao he's been good, kept Kudus quiet and Almiron looked like a pub player today. Also supplied key passes to Nelli vs Porto which he ended up fluffing unfortunately vs Mario/Pepe right flank.

Ever since he stopped inverted he has looked more natural.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Glad he got the goal his recent performances deserved, would have been fuming if that was given as an own goal!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The simple answer is that we'd all be ****ting bricks if he had start in place of Saliba and without Gabriel helping him out. I think he's just fine as a LB option who could push to become a starter there as he grows. I like him but I'm honest about where he actually stands.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's kind of perfect for this little hybrid role. Obviously if we're playing a team with a top RW then maybe you want Tomi or Timber when they're fit but he's done really admirably I think. He's shown good understanding of when to get forward and some decent guile when he's been called upon defensively. I'm quite pleased with him these last few weeks.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom