• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior: Going Sour For Him?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Zinny helped us a lot last season but I feel that he gets targeted, doesn't smell danger and maybe won't be needed if we get that third midfield position properly sorted.
He did his job and helped with the transition from the anti-football of Tierney to the more controlled approach we have now. He will have his use but it will be limited as Timber looks a superior player, just a question if he plays more on the right or the left.

Nice situation we will have with both sides from next season

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He did his job and helped with the transition from the anti-football of Tierney to the more controlled approach we have now. He will have his use but it will be limited as Timber looks a superior player, just a question if he plays more on the right or the left.

Nice situation we will have with both sides from next season
Agree on Timber if he can be as good as he was pre injury. Let's hope Kiwi can keep getting better for us. Much depends on whether Kiwi wants to stay as a sub for Timber. Also, he's unlikely to be more than an opportunity to rest Gabi M.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Surprised me.how good he's been, ngl... didn't think he had it in him, fair play.

Still want Timber in that role eventually, but trust Jakub more than Zinchenko and Tomi-no working legs-yasu.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still think his best role is Gabriel rotation, but Gabriel can play so much in a season that the minutes are not really there for another player often. Not many top level LCB's want to come compete with him.

That Fulham game from Kiwior was a train wreck, when also White looked like having a niggle. That's when I said he can't do the inverted role. Now with a firing White, and some more adjustment, he has gone up a level. He just need a ball-playing fullback on the other side. He is more like Gabriel than any other defender at Arsenal, good at passing etc. but not the best. But both can and have improved.

Kiwior starting to perform at this level might save Arsenal a big penny. It's important to have a more defensive defender for different opposition on both sides.

Below you can see that he is not dribbled past often, just like Gabriel. Kiwior does have big potential and great physical attributes.

People seem to poop on Zinchenko, but it's also important to have such a technical inverted LB on that side, especially against easier opponents. What's interesting is that Zinchenko has been better at aerials, even if a lot shorter.

He's 24 years old. I don't know if he'll improve that much and I don't think he's worth enough to sell. But he's a good back-up LB/LCB. He's a B+ signing and that's fine because you can't hit it out of the park with every signing. 2 B+s to A-s for every 1 A/A+ and no flops is all you can ask for.

CannonBals

I think he is very similar to White (left footed version). Also its likely he may actually been planned to play at LB. We were planning to put Martinez there, so good chance Arteta/Edu planned it as an LB purchase. Good signs off late.

If this is the case we may sign a CB in summer.

drippin

He's 24 years old. I don't know if he'll improve that much and I don't think he's worth enough to sell. But he's a good back-up LB/LCB. He's a B+ signing and that's fine because you can't hit it out of the park with every signing. 2 B+s to A-s for every 1 A/A+ and no flops is all you can ask for.
He turned 24 two weeks ago. 😅 It's nothing for a CB.

Before Arsenal he had two seasons at top level with about 1500-2000 minutes in Serie A. Salibas and Diomandes are not the usual trajectories for CB's.

He has also improved a lot in recent times, and learnt a new role. He also has already 19 caps for Poland, meaning that he has good level and potential.

He cost 21 million pounds in January window, which is quite little in current markets.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His performance since Zinny got injured gone unnoticed he been really good and playing outside his position a very welcome improvement. A very good backup and I don't blame him if he asked to leave in future can be regular starter at most top teams specially in Serie A

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He has done really well since Zinny got injured. Has been improving by each week. Really happy for him as early on he was in danger of not making the cut here. I'm still not 100% convinced about him in this role though. He is a CB and I think that's where he should mainly be deployed. Credit to him for playing out of position and adapting well but once you have seen someone like Timber (how ever brief it was) you realise he should only be deployed as a backup or emergency in his current position.

He has however shown what a huge difference it makes when the opposition hasn't got any weakness to target in our backline (I'm looking at you Zinchenko). Zinny is great going forward but he gives the opponents hope, almost in every single game the opposition will get a big chance purely because of him. No coincidence that we look so solid at the back since he has been absent.

drippin

His performance since Zinny got injured gone unnoticed he been really good and playing outside his position a very welcome improvement. A very good backup and I don't blame him if he asked to leave in future can be regular starter at most top teams specially in Serie A
I doubt he will suddenly ask to leave now when he has proven that he can play at the required level, when there is a playmaking inverted RB on the right. Now he is getting minutes, even more than expected, and there will still be injury-prone players at Arsenal's defence next season.

Why would he have joined Arsenal in the first place? Arteta has also explained why he was bought in January, as any player who is bought for the inverted LB role, will likely need to adjust for a certain time period. So I doubt they want a change there next season now that he has shown his worth. He has 4 years in contract left, and as a young player has no pedigree to force a move. It's possible for him to win trophies at Arsenal.

drippin

He has done really well since Zinny got injured. Has been improving by each week. Really happy for him as early on he was in danger of not making the cut here. I'm still not 100% convinced about him in this role though. He is a CB and I think that's where he should mainly be deployed. Credit to him for playing out of position and adapting well but once you have seen someone like Timber (how ever brief it was) you realise he should only be deployed as a backup or emergency in his current position.

He has however shown what a huge difference it makes when the opposition hasn't got any weakness to target in our backline (I'm looking at you Zinchenko). Zinny is great going forward but he gives the opponents hope, almost in every single game the opposition will get a big chance purely because of him. No coincidence that we look so solid at the back since he has been absent.
It's very important to have proper rotation/backup for Gabriel. Kiwior is a quite similar player in many qualities. But he is also a better LB than Gabriel.

He looks like a perfect Gabriel backup at this point, because he can also get minutes as the LB. And is not some star player who will demand to play a lot. And is a humble guy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I am still not sure, anyone else?
Unsure about him as LB of course his passing still kinda average I want him to have run of games as CB but with Saliba and Gabi this look impossible but happy with his LB performance

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not sure how he managed to look so bad in such a one-sided affair. He'd be getting stones thrown at him if the match was competitive, so many misplaced passes.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom