• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,417
  • Views 221,756

CannonBals

Still don't understand why we should waste any transfer budget on LB when we don't have a proper 8/LCM. Neto is must imo. We can also get a 6 and move Rice to 8. His engine is great for pressing.

Upgrading LB improves starting 11. Neto improved depth on the wings. Both has its merits.

If anything, seeing how well Jorginho has done at LCM makes me think Zinny should be used there from now on ...

Zinchenko gets caught on the ball trying to do so useless things and concedes possession far too ofter near our penalty area. He can maybe play the no 10 Ødegaard role as he is technically sound but tactically he is a train wreck.

CannonBals

Its just trendy now to say that Zinchenko is rubbish and Timber is the second coming of jesus or something. Not really sure what the evidence is for either.

Zinchenko is rubbish. He is a defensive liability. There is a reason we are doing well defensively currently. There is a reason Arteta benches him for big games and prefers Tomiyasu. Just don't understand how anyone can't see this.
If he wasn't one of his favourite pets he would have been sidelined long back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Its just trendy now to say that Zinchenko is rubbish and Timber is the second coming of jesus or something. Not really sure what the evidence is for either.

30195bae-2368-431c-b4d3-be2d84f07d1c.jpg

1_Why-distraught-Oleksandr-Zinchenko-was-in-tears-on-Arsenal-bench-at-Anfield.jpg

...versus...

gettyimages-1543005250-3279x4405.jpg

1708989105934.jpeg

6f790f3e-28c4-4cac-84ea-ed0ef137d486_text.gif

Fallout

Zinchenko gets caught on the ball trying to do so useless things and concedes possession far too ofter near our penalty area. He can maybe play the no 10 Ødegaard role as he is technically sound but tactically he is a train wreck.
True but he was given a very complex role in the team ... one where he was expected to be both ever-present in buildup while also providing defensive solidity against wingers who are far more athletic and waiting to exploit the space behind

He's a very intelligent player and would do well in a traditional midfield role ... shares a lot of attributes with Jorginho

You're letting a few months of bad form cloud your judgment

I would agree that we need to move on from him as a LB though

CannonBals

True but he was given a very complex role in the team ... one where he was expected to be both ever-present in buildup while also providing defensive solidity against wingers who are far more athletic and waiting to exploit the space behind

He's a very intelligent player and would do well in a traditional midfield role ... shares a lot of attributes with Jorginho

You're letting a few months of bad form cloud your judgment

I would agree that we need to move on from him as a LB though
The complex role you mentioned, White is playing that currently. Tomiyasu does that aswell as does Timber.
He is part of defence so he is a defender first. Doing fancy inverting stuff is additional. And this is not bad form. Half the time he is injured otherwise this would have been obvious way earlier.
I agree there may be hope for him as an 8/10 hybrid (Ødegaard role) as he is technically sound. But at club level he has rarely ever played there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s weird how people think you can just take a guy and play him as lb long term at the highest level and it’s just gonna work. Not do a job there when you are short. But just become a lb permanently. I think winning games cloud peoples mind.

DuBB

Football fans have the memory of goldfish.

The last good thing that happened is the only good thing that has ever happened. It wasn't ever good before, and if it changes, it will never be as good as it is now. Until another good thing happens. Then what was good before never happened and the new good thing is the only way.

White isn't a RB and no better than Tomi. Nobody can be better than Tierney. Wow, Zinchenko is better than Tierney. And then he isn't. But Tomi can't be better than Zinchenko, he's not even better than Tierney. Wow, Tomi played well. That does it - he's better than Zinchenko. Who's that? Timber? Play him, Tomi's s**t and so is Zinchenko. Man, Timber is hurt, wish we had Tierney back, he's better than Tomi and Zinchenko. Great games by Zinchenko, aren't we lucky to have him back? Oh no he's hurt, play Tomi but I really wish we wouldn't because Tierney is better than all of them and we let him go. Wow, Tomi did great! Makes you wonder why we ever had Zinchenko, he's s**t, rememeber? Oh no both are hurt! I really miss Zinchenko, but we have to play that bum Kiwior. Kiwior hasn't played much but I know he's crap and we should have sold him a long time ago! What's this? He's played himself into form with a run of games! He's not half bad, if you give him a chance. Matter of fact, he might just be better than Zinchenko! We should sell him by the way, we've got Timber who we've seen twice and Tomi who we always believed was better than Zinchenko, and of course, don't forget Kiwior, he's better than all of them! Unless Tierney's better than all of them? Edu what are you doing?!

Etc. Etc.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yep the goals have dried up without him

White is doing his job from the...uh...White hand side

so yes we still require that function, and Kiwior is now playing as the left sided CB with Gabriel central and Saliba right sided CB.

Its the same with different personnel, not that hard to figure out.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

White is doing his job from the...uh...White hand side

so yes we still require that function, and Kiwior is now playing as the left sided CB with Gabriel central and Saliba right sided CB.

Its the same with different personnel, not that hard to figure out.
Neither Zinchenko or Jesus are essential to us. Gabriel Saliba Rice, Ødegaard and saka all essential. In no way is Jesus essential to anything we do

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Neither Zinchenko or Jesus are essential to us. Gabriel Saliba Rice, Ødegaard and saka all essential. In no way is Jesus essential to anything we do

Oh I thought you were talking about Zinchenko, my bad. Yeah I never said either were essential, no one is essential, but the function being performed adequately is essential.

SupersoakerArsene

Had it all tested and he's still a good player, what next?
He is like the English Donny van de Beek who gets more yellow cards, because he runs like a chicken without a head.

Chelsea probably want a lot of cash for him. He's never worth it. Bang average footballer. I only like his attitude & how he goes for 90 minutes.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t see this. Why do the media love pushing this number 9 crap. Yes, we’re lacking a striker but as are 99% of the PL.

Edu needs to bring us a CB 💪

Tom349

If Ollie Watkins was 26 instead of 28 I would say he would be clear favourite as our preferred off season target given the season he is having. In saying that wouldn't be surprised if we were willing to overlook the age factor.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Ollie Watkins was 26 instead of 28 I would say he would be clear favourite as our preferred off season target given the season he is having. In saying that wouldn't be surprised if we were willing to overlook the age factor.

We were reportedly seriously looking at Toney who is the same age. Would much rather Watkins if possible but he would cost an absolute fortune.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom