• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Anyone seen this? 🤣

GIF by Christmas FM

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He's 20 and plays for the U21s. Someone having a laugh because he has a beard and a big head. Actually a talented keeper, rate him even higher than Hein, similar to Okonkwo but with better kicking.
Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's 20 and plays for the U21s. Someone having a laugh because he has a beard and a big head. Actually a talented keeper, rate him even higher than Hein, similar to Okonkwo but with better kicking.
Dude looks like a 40 year old who had a hard life, Gahdamn!!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Super young team from Wilshere today. Some of the bigger schoolboy talents are playing. Louis Zecevic-John, Ife Ibrahim, Samuel Chinedu and even Max Dowman! Chido leads the line too. Only experienced players are Brayden Clarke and Seb Ferdinand. Ranson starting too. Theo Julienne's stock really going up aswell. Scored a really nice goal and got an assist vs Palace. Can't forget he's still a schoolboy too!

Afro Mugo

This is why I feel Wilshere has done a good job than he gets credit for . That side has 7 school boys plus the whole bench aside from Copley. It seems the club has taken a different approach whereby at the turn of the year they make decisions early which allows the players to go on trials while there are still games to play as opposed to looking for clubs in the transfer window. As such the u16s are pushed earlier and likewise for the retained u18s.
Very talented group over here , and the two groups just below them u15s and 14s have won/reached the national tournaments since u12s so the pipeline isn't stopping.
Obi Martin and Dowman are no secrets . Theo Julienne is also really good can play both RB and CM equally as good. He's a better defender than Rosiak but less technical . However very agile , and intense. Ife Ibrahim is a tall technical CM who can also play CB. I don't think they are related, him and Bradley, but playing styles are similar though Ife is better on the eye.
On the bench, Brando Bailey Joseph. Rated him since I first saw him. A few injuries have slowed him down but he's coming back to his best. Won player of the tournament recently in that u15 tournament .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How it's going currently:

Must be said that Fulham have a fairly young team out there also but still.

How about that Max Dowman, eh? Wins the penalty for Obi's first and assists Obi's second. Dowman won't even be a scholar until 2025!!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Max being born 1 day before 2010 is so crazy. Ffs 2010 was just the other day it feels

O I 8 goals in 2 games. Maybe we have a striker prodigy on our hands? With his height he could be 12-18 months away from sniffing first team football

Afro Mugo

Max being born 1 day before 2010 is so crazy. Ffs 2010 was just the other day it feels

O I 8 goals in 2 games. Maybe we have a striker prodigy on our hands? With his height he could be 12-18 months away from sniffing first team football
Just to finalise on him and completely shut up because he's a 14 yr old and a lot of stuff happens that influences whether a kid makes it or breaks it. A lot of comparisons will arise btw him and Nwaneri.. I'm excluding MLS , because due to Nwaneri he's shielded from the hype and scrutiny and very different from the 2. Nwaneri is a classic Number 10 , the Roberto Baggio, Pablo Aimar, (Dare I say , Zidane) . Give him the ball in the final third and magic happens. Dowman is more of a classic Number 8 . His body feints to create separation then driving into the midfield accompanied with vision and passing is what makes him stand out. We may not produce in volumes like Chelsea and City but when we do , it's a standout talent.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just to finalise on him and completely shut up because he's a 14 yr old and a lot of stuff happens that influences whether a kid makes it or breaks it. A lot of comparisons will arise btw him and Nwaneri.. I'm excluding MLS , because due to Nwaneri he's shielded from the hype and scrutiny and very different from the 2. Nwaneri is a classic Number 10 , the Roberto Baggio, Pablo Aimar, (Dare I say , Zidane) . Give him the ball in the final third and magic happens. Dowman is more of a classic Number 8 . His body feints to create separation then driving into the midfield accompanied with vision and passing is what makes him stand out. We may not produce in volumes like Chelsea and City but when we do , it's a standout talent.
I've only seen some highlights of him but what's always exciting with this type of player is they're not relying on a physical advantage at that age. It then I gues becomes what happens when they come up against physical adult football.

Crazy to think it's half a decade before we'll start to find out

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, Obi and Dowman are already on the way to U21s by next season latest. Be good to see how talents like Zecevic-John and Bailey-Joseph get on aswell next season. There's definitely room on the wings for some to step up. Cozier-Duberry is ready to play men's football, Ferdinand looks to have fitness issues that hopefully will clear up soon and the duo of Kamara and Kabia are establishing themselves as U21 regulars.

Dowman and Obi though are dead certs along with Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly. Wishful though it may be, one can only imagine how exciting a developed version of all 4 players would be in this Arsenal system. Its an unlikely event bit given the quality, I'd love to see it. I do still want Hale End to produce a tricky winger though. Nelson was the one I was hoping for and I love Saka to bits but he's efficient rather than tricky. Hutchinson left and Cozier-Duberry isn't particularly tricky either.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Honestly, Obi and Dowman are already on the way to U21s by next season latest. Be good to see how talents like Zecevic-John and Bailey-Joseph get on aswell next season. There's definitely room on the wings for some to step up. Cozier-Duberry is ready to play men's football, Ferdinand looks to have fitness issues that hopefully will clear up soon and the duo of Kamara and Kabia are establishing themselves as U21 regulars.

Dowman and Obi though are dead certs along with Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly. Wishful though it may be, one can only imagine how exciting a developed version of all 4 players would be in this Arsenal system. Its an unlikely event bit given the quality, I'd love to see it. I do still want Hale End to produce a tricky winger though. Nelson was the one I was hoping for and I love Saka to bits but he's efficient rather than tricky. Hutchinson left and Cozier-Duberry isn't particularly tricky either.
I just don't think the academy really produces tricky wingers. Those types usually grow up playing football on the streets and have that dawg in them lol. That extra bit of magic and creativity is not something you will find in academy football. Honestly even though Skelly is a midfielder he is one of the only academy products that seems like he has that extra grit or edge with the way he plays. Not afraid to try things even though it might not come off. The last winger we had like that in the first team was Alexis Sanchez and on his day, he was a joy to watch.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom