• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Feelings are more true than predictions. I feel were gonna win Sunday and do this sh1t. Full squad available no excuses, its time.
Our away record against good teams speaks for itself add our record at the etihad. I don’t see it

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If that happens then the project has failed - fire Arteta and sell everyone with currency.
Certainly if we had a third year end collapse and no more trophies firing the manager would be appropriate. But honestly I don’t see it going that poorly; I don’t think we will collapse but I don’t see us winning any trophies either.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Certainly if we had a third year end collapse and no more trophies firing the manager would be appropriate. But honestly I don’t see it going that poorly; I don’t think we will collapse but I don’t see us winning any trophies either.

Top of the league in March and probably third favourites for the CL, its not guaranteed but its by no means impossible either. Compare that to 3 years ago when we were sh!t and not even in the CL.

Farzad Stoned

Top of the league in March and probably third favourites for the CL, its not guaranteed but its by no means impossible either. Compare that to 3 years ago when we were sh!t and not even in the CL.
I agree but a ton of time and money has been invested. Let’s say we finish second and go out to Bayern and don’t win a trophy would you think it is a successful season? I don’t know I would see it as not a failure but kind of a mediocre return

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I agree but a ton of time and money has been invested. Let’s say we finish second and go out to Bayern and don’t win a trophy would you think it is a successful season? I don’t know I would see it as not a failure but kind of a mediocre return

I think I'd agree its not a successful season because you want to win trophies, but being in the conversation is the minimum requirement for me, we could realistically win either or both, which is where we should be (and, more importantly are) as a club.

Farzad Stoned

I think I'd agree its not a successful season because you want to win trophies, but being in the conversation is the minimum requirement for me, we could realistically win either or both, which is where we should be (and, more importantly are) as a club.
We got to win big trophies soon the big clubs have never been this down and Arsenal has never been this well funded. The big elephant in room is the 115 charges; if they get relegated then we got to close the deal, or live with a reputation for bottling it. I don’t know how City can be given a slap on wrist after what they did to Everton. We are good enough to best them now and not rely on ffp and the FA.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

We got to win big trophies soon the big clubs have never been this down and Arsenal has never been this well funded. The big elephant in room is the 115 charges; if they get relegated then we got to close the deal, or live with a reputation for bottling it. I don’t know how City can be given a slap on wrist after what they did to Everton. We are good enough to best them now and not rely on ffp and the FA.

You keep saying this and it keeps being wrong, can you please drop this BS? Seen over it again and again. The rest I largely agree with.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

You keep saying this and it keeps being wrong, can you please drop this BS? Been over it again and again. The rest I largely agree with.
It is true. When was last time United, Chelsea, Barca and Bayern snd all the Italian clubs were down simultaneously? Plus Lfc is down from their level and so is City. If you can’t see how ripe and open the field has been last two seasons then you aren’t paying attention. Even PSG is down.

Farzad Stoned

You keep saying this and it keeps being wrong, can you please drop this BS? Been over it again and again. The rest I largely agree with.
Ok never this well funded since Chapman in comparison to rivals

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Ok never this well funded since Chapman in comparison to rivals

We were reasonably well funded in the early Wenger years tbh, United always outspent everyone since the 90s but we were able to spend reasonable fees on good players. for e.g., £11m for Henry was a large fee 25 years ago. When Abumovich turned up everything went crazy.

Ironically we agreed the stadium move in 1999 and completed the move in 2006, so it was bad timing for us that suddenly Chelsea could spend £20m on a single player multiple times per window during the time we were having to restrict.

Farzad Stoned

We were reasonably well funded in the early Wenger years tbh, United always outspent everyone since the 90s but we were able to spend reasonable fees on good players. for e.g., £11m for Henry was a large fee 25 years ago. When Abumovich turned up everything went crazy.

Ironically we agreed the stadium move in 1999 and completed the move in 2006, so it was bad timing for us that suddenly Chelsea could spend £20m on a single player multiple times per window during the time we were having to restrict.
We weren’t this well funded compared to our rivals ever bro in my memory. Yes early Wenger we bought some expensive players like Overmars and Henry. But even then we were way behind United.

We have had two windows more broadly where we spent more than anyone else in Europe for that window. I can’t remember a single window where we were the biggest spenders in Europe under Wenger. Always the big Italian clubs or two Spanish giants had bigger purse strings. Remember the super team Inter created with Baggio and Ronaldo? None of the Italian clubs can pull one transfer like that now.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom