• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I never bet, so thanks, but no.
Of course we can go to semis, but I don't see Arsenal as favourites against Bayern.
For me 55/45 for Bayern.

The bookies disagree with you...go make some free money or tell a friend who bets that you have this secret inside info

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The same Bayern that is trailing Leverkusen with Xhaka in it by 10 points? They are on course to finish second in a 1 horse league we have every chance of beating them. They are a good side but so are we.
we never won the CL and is playing our first CL campaign in 7 years. We are past last 16 first time in 14 years and were inches away from being knocked out by porto

We want to be treated like an elite club while not doing elite club things by winning big trophies. Also Bayern is having same level of season in their league as we are. It’s just that Leverkusen is having historical season

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
If you think Arsenal will make the semis. Go bet on them. You are in for a shock if you think the team that went life and death with porto will beat Bayern
Come on man, not every team that wins or gets to CL final steam rolls every team they come up against. There are plenty of good players & managers at all teams.

It's just about winning, whichever way possible.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
1-1 draw at the Etihad, our record there is woeful, it's more of a mental block on us like Stamford Bridge used to be for us.

2-0 win vs Luton at the Emirates

1-0 win at Amex

2-1 win vs Villa at the Emirates

1-0 loss to Wolves at Molinuex (fixture congestion and lack of squad depth will bite us and Arteta's lack of trust in Nelson, Vieira, ESR, et al.). It can either be a doinant performance like Villa park but lack of clinical-ness or our attacking line being clueless such as St James Park

Hope to be proven wrong, better not see Havertz in Midfield what so ever in the remaining games, he should be be our go to CF for the run in. Jesus relegated wing shifts and back up CF work.

If don't get at-least 13/15 points in our next 5 games then I can see the title slipping, especially with Chelsea, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane left to go, if we beat Bayern in the tie, we'll play Sp**s away at 12:30PM but they'll be 15 days without a game, so it's coin flip of a game.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We got to win big trophies soon the big clubs have never been this down and Arsenal has never been this well funded. The big elephant in room is the 115 charges; if they get relegated then we got to close the deal, or live with a reputation for bottling it. I don’t know how City can be given a slap on wrist after what they did to Everton. We are good enough to best them now and not rely on ffp and the FA.
This is partly dependent on what happens next with the other clubs in question. Will Liverpool back their post Klopp manager off the back of a strong squad? Will Sp**s go all in on Ange as Levy will want to win something for him and Lewis before the corrupt, immoral, tax-dodging, thieving old scumbag dies? Will United's new main man be desperate to throw £££ and get a good manager? Will Chavski continue their madness but with a better coach?

Not to mention the imapct of oil dosh in the transfer market, and the question as to whether the EPL can actually successfully take on the state behind City without it getting bogged down in 20 years of legal challenges...

I agree we are in the best position we have been in for a long time, and off the back of long overdue investment in the playing staff, but we are not in a vaccuum, and all it takes is the muppet Southgate to play Rice & Saka while injured for next season to be derailed.

I'm optimistic, I'm expecting to challenge for big trophies, which hasn;'t been the case in a long while, but I'm also realistic. While some of our historical rivals are a bit weak at present, our immediate rivals for EPL & ECL are still far better than for much of the last 20-30 years, and we will require both excellence and a little fortune to best them. The key is to ensure that we remain consistently in the conversation and that we keep driving up standards and looking for other areas of improvement, so that when they do slip (or when the stars align in terms of our own play - like pre corrupt world cup last season) we are able to capitalise.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We weren’t this well funded compared to our rivals ever bro in my memory. Yes early Wenger we bought some expensive players like Overmars and Henry. But even then we were way behind United.

We have had two windows more broadly where we spent more than anyone else in Europe for that window. I can’t remember a single window where we were the biggest spenders in Europe under Wenger. Always the big Italian clubs or two Spanish giants had bigger purse strings. Remember the super team Inter created with Baggio and Ronaldo? None of the Italian clubs can pull one transfer like that now.
However, if you take transfer inflation into account, from the Bergkamp signing until the Wiltord one, we were spending at an even higher rate than now. Difference is, as you say, that now the Italians are skint. But on the flip side, over the last decade until the last 2 summer windows we had spent less than all our other EPL rivals by a margin. Our investment has been late, so is high in cash terms but not as high in real terms.

Harks back to why I never forgave the previous owners - When Wenger was at his absolute peak in terms of draw, scouting, contacts, innovation etc, they all (bar Fizman) expected him to keep challenging on peanuts, and never put a bloody penny in themselves, but were all too happy to make gargantuan amounts selling to Kroenke and Usmanov, leading to that mess. Had they been more willing to cover the stadium move period transfer kitty, we would have had one of the best squads ever assembled - given the elite talent we missed out in that period for a few million here or there.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We spent more than City and Lfc if you look transfers in recent windows, we are behind United and Chelsea who burned the money thankfully. Villa and Sp**s are not comparable. And more importantly we have consistently spent with a single management. It is fine as long as we don’t get in FFP trouble I don’t care not my money. But the pay out has to happen. Literally every other big club other than Real is down, even this City team would get pumped for 3 or 4 goals by Centurions of a few seasons ago. The continental powers are all down post covid. So if we want to do big things in league or CL there never has been a better opportunity.
But why just look at recent windows when half of their squads were bought in slightly earlier windows? If we are still spending like this every summer for the next 3-4 years, then it will be a different story, but its likely that like those clubs, having built to a position of strength from one of weakness, that the required investment to sustain the level will decrease, particularly given the age of the squad.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Why does everyone have Wolves as a loss? They're not that good

Was listening to a couple of YouTubers analysing the next ten games and all of them had draw or loss, I don't get it either. If we can batter West Ham 6-0 away we can beat Wolves away.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This is partly dependent on what happens next with the other clubs in question. Will Liverpool back their post Klopp manager off the back of a strong squad? Will Sp**s go all in on Ange as Levy will want to win something for him and Lewis before the corrupt, immoral, tax-dodging, thieving old scumbag dies? Will United's new main man be desperate to throw £££ and get a good manager? Will Chavski continue their madness but with a better coach?

Not to mention the imapct of oil dosh in the transfer market, and the question as to whether the EPL can actually successfully take on the state behind City without it getting bogged down in 20 years of legal challenges...

I agree we are in the best position we have been in for a long time, and off the back of long overdue investment in the playing staff, but we are not in a vaccuum, and all it takes is the muppet Southgate to play Rice & Saka while injured for next season to be derailed.

I'm optimistic, I'm expecting to challenge for big trophies, which hasn;'t been the case in a long while, but I'm also realistic. While some of our historical rivals are a bit weak at present, our immediate rivals for EPL & ECL are still far better than for much of the last 20-30 years, and we will require both excellence and a little fortune to best them. The key is to ensure that we remain consistently in the conversation and that we keep driving up standards and looking for other areas of improvement, so that when they do slip (or when the stars align in terms of our own play - like pre corrupt world cup last season) we are able to capitalise.
My only point of contention is that our immediate rivals in England are not better they are all worse in comparison to where they were 3-4 years ago. The Centurians of City would pump this City team for 3-4 goals. Their best player De Bruyne looks middle aged and can’t complete a season. This Lfc team is a shell of what it was 3-4 years ago. Chelsea and United are jokes. Literally we are the only big club post covid who isn’t a shell of themselves.

I also don’t agree we have to worry about other big clubs if we spend like this, spend wisely and the manager makes right moves in this environment the sky is the limit.

Just look at England, Lfc is about to lose Klopp. City could be months away from being relegated. And United and Chelsea are still a joke. The field is open. Never in my lifetime has an Arsenal manager had this open a door for league and CL as the last couple seasons and most likely the next couple of seasons

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Just look at England, Lfc is about to lose Klopp. City could be months away from being relegated. And United and Chelsea are still a joke. The field is open. Never in my lifetime has an Arsenal manager had this open a door for league and CL as the last couple seasons and most likely the next couple of seasons

Bruh :lol: you do half chat some absolute waffle at times. Only have to go back to 15/16 for an obvious example of when the league was wide open, Leicester got 81 points. City got 86 points in 20/21, that's a beatable total as well. If this City team gets lower than 81 points I'll be very surprised.

City won a treble last season, to consider winning a league title against them as an "open door", I dunno man you need to work on your propaganda.

Farzad Stoned

Bruh :lol: you do half chat some absolute waffle at times. Only have to go back to 15/16 for an obvious example of when the league was wide open, Leicester got 81 points. City got 86 points in 20/21, that's a beatable total as well. If this City team gets lower than 81 points I'llbe very surprised.
That was one year. I agree. But we were in turmoil and had no money there is difference

Farzad Stoned

Then it has indeed happened in your lifetime, hasn't it?
No not analagous i am comparing our financial situation to our rivals. We had no money in 2016 now we do and league and Europe is down. You can look at two variables at once right?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

No not analagous i am comparing our financial situation to our rivals. We had no money in 2016 now we do and league and Europe is down. You can look at two variables at once right?

So you are effectively defining "your lifetime" as a few years between 2020 and perhaps 2026 :lol: completely useless and arbitrary definition of "your lifetime".

Farzad Stoned

So you are effectively defining "your lifetime" as a few years between 2020 and perhaps 2026 :lol: completely useless and arbitrary definition of "your lifetime".
No can you read. I said we had money and everyone else was down. Stop pretending Arsenal’s situation 2016 is same as Arsenal now. The league was down and we had no money to capitalize. Now the league is down and we been spending huge for years. If you want to keep playing dumb and ignoring the difference in our financial situation in 2016 as opposed to 2024 then carry on

Tnegs

No can you read. I said we had money and everyone else was down. Stop pretending Arsenal’s situation 2016 is same as Arsenal now. The league was down and we had no money to capitalize. Now the league is down and we been spending huge for years. If you want to keep playing dumb and ignoring the difference in our financial situation in 2016 as opposed to 2024 then carry on

If we had no money then how did we have Özil and Sanchez? Can’t blame a lack of money when you refuse to spend it. We went into 15/16 without signing an outfield player and then signed Elneny in the winter window despite being balls deep in a title challenge. To top it off we ended up spending 100m the next summer mostly on rubbish. That didn’t come from thin air it was sitting in the bank waiting to be spent.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom