• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinn

Established Member
Just read that story again, and it says that it's from Marca. So it's probably a made-up quote.

Adam

Established Member
"I am sorry,'' said Vieira. "I can not speak. This is not the right moment. I can not talk about Real Madrid. Leave me. Don't do this."

I hope there never comes a right moment.

Kyla

What more confirmation do you lot need that he is off for christ sake? Albeit he does sound like he is agonising over the decision, but it is still safe to conclude that he wants out- which is completelty unfathomable. Why doesn't he just stop with the Real Madrid flirting and get on with ****ing them, coz quite clearly that is what he wants......put us all out of our misery. What a pathetic, ungraceful captain he is!

Jinn

Established Member
Kyla, you may be right, be the quotes have been attributed to the Marca. This makes their authenticity questionable at best.

If they were from a Daily Telegraph journalist, I'd be a lot more scared.

Having said that, it does look more likely that he's going to leave.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Kyla said:
What more confirmation do you lot need that he is off for christ sake? Albeit he does sound like he is agonising over the decision, but it is still safe to conclude that he wants out- which is completelty unfathomable. Why doesn't he just stop with the Real Madrid flirting and get on with f****g them, coz quite clearly that is what he wants......put us all out of our misery. What a pathetic, ungraceful captain he is!

Vieira sounds like a man torn over whether to stay or go. This is probably the hardest decision he has ever had to make in his life. He undoubtedly loves Arsenal but also seems to harbour desires of playing for Real Madrid.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm beginning to feel that irrepairable damage has been done to Paddy's reputation in the hearts of alot of Arsenal fans. For three years now he has flirted with Real Madrid.

Personally I could forgive him for this, because in each of the past three seasons when he (belatedly) made the choice to stay with Arsenal, he was 100% percent committed to the team's cause.

But I still feel that the way he is acting now is unbecoming for a captain of such a proud club. Fair enough, Paddy is at a stage in his career where it's his last opportunity to play for the biggest and richest club in the world, so it's understandable that he is struggling to make a decision. But if he had a desire to join Madrid, then he shouldn't have renewed his contract last season.

I have a sneaking suspicion that something happened in the French camp at Euro 2004 that pushed Vieira to this situation.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

If you haven't noticed about 99% of this story is fiction.

No one says anything so the papers make it up; Wenger is quoted in today's Times as saying:

"In England we are world champions of the rumours. Nobody can beat us and once we organise a world championship of the rumours we have a great chance to win"

So the Sun, NOTW etc, with their lazy journalism and hidden agendas make it up. Take for example today's back page headline:

"Vieira: Come With Me Sol"

The quicker we make a pyre of all News International output the better.

johe

The quote from Marca is 95% certainly made up. If it weren't, why aren't any other newspapers mentioning it? And to me it seems Marca is just one of Perez's 'player-unsettling' tools.

Wouldn't read to much into that Marca quote, but I'm still worried about him staying though.

hesham

Established Member
the same quote is on soccernet, which is pretty reliable..
I just want this **** to end cause is bloody annoying :evil:

Adam

Established Member
Wenger telling the media we are the most stable club - only works to motivate the media to destabilise us. The media already has a strong anti Arsenal sect in areas.

patrick42uk

Established Member
johe said:
The quote from Marca is 95% certainly made up. If it weren't, why aren't any other newspapers mentioning it? And to me it seems Marca is just one of Perez's 'player-unsettling' tools.

Wouldn't read to much into that Marca quote, but I'm still worried about him staying though.

its on skysportsnews. they said spanish journalist attempted to talk to him and then he made those remarks.

they also had an interview with gilberto (speaking english) where he said he felt confident he will stay, vieira that is.

Sol man

Admit it. He wants to leave. There is no need to deny it. We cannot blame his agent (especially since everyone thought that Roger was behind it last summer and he is no longer Paddys agent) beacause it is obvious that Patrick is the one pushing for this transfer

johe

I hate the media, they are trying to run the clubs themselves instead of letting us be alone.. I've heard that most sportswriters are just writers who weren't good enough to write the other stuff so they got dumped off to the sports-section, and so they take out their aggression towards the world on us and make themselves feel all big and mighty.

hesham

Established Member
I hope the guy stays and i dont think ill hold a grudge if he stays or go's (maybe a little) but what i want is for it to get over and done with ASAP cuz if he does go then we need to replace him with a top class C.M b4 the C.L dedline which is around the 5th Aug or something

johe

hesham said:
I hope the guy stays and i dont think ill hold a grudge if he stays or go's (maybe a little) but what i want is for it to get over and done with ASAP cuz if he does go then we need to replace him with a top class C.M b4 the C.L dedline which is around the 5th Aug or something

I think the 5th August deadline is only for the crap teams that need to qualify, eg. real mashite, manure, and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom