• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoLo28

theguvnor said:
http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/football/pliga/aid=1105996pliga_newsdetail.html

Thats probably been posted already but im not about to look through 106 pages to find it.
Just looking at that ****ers picture makes me sick, really looks like he has back stabbed us, class A greedy tosser.
Couldnt really give a f**k if he left to be honest, its rather interesting to see who wenger will buy as a replacement, no doubt someone just as good. Players come and go, time to move on, he can easily be replaced.

I agree that if he does go we should move on, but why the sudden hate and anger? His picture makes you sick and he's a greedy tosser? As you said maybe its time for him to move on, maybe for personal reasons or a falling out we know nothing about, I just don't see why you should hate him all of a sudden?

gooner4eva

I have read no hard evidence as yet apart form the Marca story to suggest that Paddy has done a deal with Madrid. I guess all the brit broadsheets and tabloids have jumped on the story because they dont want to miss out on such a juicy headline. So unless we hear it fron the Le Boss's mouth, Vieira is still our captain

Show the captain some respect Theguvnor.....he hasnt done anything out of order as yet. And we cant replace him, not for the upcoming season thats for sure. There is noone like him available/existing right now in the whole wide world.

Just wait and watch and pray.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Hating Vieira is just wrong, especially after all the things he accomplished with us. In the end, like i said before, until Vieira himself or Arsenal say he is on his way to Madrid, then i'll believe it.

And besides, isnt it against the rules to negotiate a contract for a player who is still under contract before the player's team accepts a bid or allows negotiations? Just curious, coz i actually dont know.

Anyone?

sienna

Why don't we just wait until Arsenal comes out with a statement. Vieira is still an Arsenal player and so far all we have is that scummy Marca rag saying Vieira has agreed to personal terms. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain Vieira is staying but I'll put faith in what Arsène says about Vieira rather than a 'source' like Marca.

KingReyes

Established Member
I was just reading an article from The Sun and the only thing that interested me was this

And an Arsenal spokesman said: “As far as we are concerned this is just speculation and, as a club, we never comment on Press speculation.”

This is true, Arsenal never comment on speculation, so maybe it is Bollocks or maybe Arsenal just don't want to comment. One way or another I want this solved quickly so we can move on with Paddy or find a replacement and move on without him.

Arsenal1989

Quote:

And an Arsenal spokesman said: “As far as we are concerned this is just speculation and, as a club, we never comment on Press speculation.”

if its just that, then good, Cause arsenal havent really said anything so far, so all this must be Total bollocks and i Truely Belive that Paddy will stay to see the new stadium and lead the team out in the new stadium.

Deano

Gab Marcotti on Talk S***T this morning summed it all up wonderfully.

"Arsenal survived when they sold Anelka. Wenger replaced Petit and Overmars. They will do so again, Wenger is a genius"

Also Tony Crapsacino who ususally talks crap said.

" The biggest disaster for Arsenal would be the loss of Wenger. As long as he is there Arsenal will be ok."

Alexone234

Sorry, but nothing has changed apart from a newspaper in Spain, a mouth piece for Perez, a scandal rag that prouts sensation and no truth, have made a statement about Vieira.

Wenger has made a statement too "I have said this 100 times, Vieira is not for sale and is very much part of our team."

All Vieira has to do is say nothing and turn up to play against Everton. Its for Real to do all the running and pushing and shouting, and whether Vieira is an "important player" to them or not, he is our Captain, he has expressed no wish in leaving, and we have seen the pictures of him having fun at training.

Until Wenger states otherwise, Vieira is at Arsenal.

Alexone234

quattro said:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/12199008?source=Evening

getting reeeaally serious now.

all this does is pulls together the curent rumours. Nothing new there

The Mini

We can live without Vieira, we were unbeaten without him last season. It'll take some adjusting, but it can be done. All I ask is that he is sold either this week or isnt at all this season. This is to allow the shock to sink in and allow the midfield 4 to make an understanding with eachother, other wise there will be problems.

Evil Dragon

All the papers seemed to be reporting that Madrid have reached a deal with Vieira, yet they havn't made an offer to the club yet.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Cheap, underhand tactics if true.

Martin

sienna said:
Why don't we just wait until Arsenal comes out with a statement. Vieira is still an Arsenal player and so far all we have is that scummy Marca rag saying Vieira has agreed to personal terms. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain Vieira is staying but I'll put faith in what Arsène says about Vieira rather than a 'source' like Marca.
That´s what I´ve done for the past week, not read this topic here, just some articles from newspapers. There´s no use to bother our minds. Either there will be announcment from the club, that Paddy is going, or the season just starts and everything is as it used to be.

That was probably my last post here :p

I can't believe that this group of genuine Arsenal fans are getting so worked up about the Patrick Vieira saga. All that has been said so far has come in the tabloids, The Mirror and La Marca.

Arsène Wenger has denied that Vieira will leave. Vieira has not said he will leave. Both clubs say that there has not been an approach from Real Madrid. There is no real evidence to say the deal will happen.

However, should it go through let's not go silly about this. I have heard a lot of Arsenal fans say that Vieira is a mercenary, greedy, and 'if he goes, good riddance'.

I couldn't disagree less. Vieira has given us eight years of loyal and brilliant service. He has been club captain for the past season and has been inspirational. Why should any player be denied the opportunity to at least consider moving to another country, to the world's greatest club, in the world's greatest league.

In my mind, if Patrick is given this opportunity, considers in thoroughly and then stays at Arsenal then I think this demonstrates his loyalty to Wenger and Arsenal.

I don't think he will go.

I hope he doesn't go.

But if he does, I will remember him as a Highbury hero :D :wink:

A

Anonymous

I agree that if he does go we should move on, but why the sudden hate and anger? His picture makes you sick and he's a greedy tosser? As you said maybe its time for him to move on, maybe for personal reasons or a falling out we know nothing about, I just don't see why you should hate him all of a sudden?
I dont hate him, just all this **** that is happening has got me so ****ed off that looking at him makes me angry. If he stays, good, but if he leaves at least all this **** is over. If he leaves though he has turned his back on us and it will piss alot of people off, me included.

Sonic Youth

the fact that he still hasn't said anything makes me believe he will be leaving.

if he were to stay, he'd have no reason to stay silent, he could just make a clear statement so all the reporters would stop following him and he could prepare for the nex season in a relaxed mood.

if he wants to leave it's best for him to stay silent so no-one would call him a traitor if the deal doens't go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom