• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Vieira could have left sooner when we were much weaker as a team. I know we are very close to be a complete team but this is the strongest position we have been in as a team..so am sure he can leave knowing very well we have a pretty solid team. Please dont' buy this sh*t of him going to Real Madrid to win the CL. There is more to it than that and we will never know. All i know is if he stays..he still will have my respect..and i give you guys who are bi* and slating him a couple of months and you will be back fully supporing his role as a captain.

As much as this past month has been stressfull, i will take him back with a clean heart. But am sure this sh* is not over yet.

Mark

Established Member
If he signs on for another two years then surely he is comitted to the club and should stay captain. He is very important to our team so taking the captaincy away and risking causing more problems probably wouldn't be the wisest idea.

lewdikris

Established Member
To put this in perspective - if he is staying, and frankly, I don't ****ing know:

Roy Keane, even more important a figure at Man U than Vieira is at Arsenal, kept them waiting for the whole of the 1999-2000 season before signing a contract - the last year of his contract.

For those that remember, the frenzy of the Italian clubs trying to sign him was ten times as intense as this Paddy bollocks. And Keano, Mr United, said? 'We'll wait and see'.

He waited out the whole year, negotiated a spanking 90k a week deal as opposed to the 50k one he was offered the previous summer, and has carried on ever since.

Paddy may stay, he may get a pay rise, but those who say he's uniquely greedy and a bad captain if he does ... look at the reaction Keane gets every week. What he did was arguably even worse than what Paddy's done.

If he stays, we'll all forget in a month..

Unfortunately, that's the power genuinely brilliant players have, and there's **** all we can do about it.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mark said:
If he signs on for another two years then surely he is comitted to the club and should stay captain. He is very important to our team so taking the captaincy away and risking causing more problems probably wouldn't be the wisest idea.

yeah committed to the club or maybe the increased wages that madrid refused to give him. we will never know! but thats enough for some.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Its understandable why people are not happy with him.
He still an Arsenal footballer, we will hold our heads up high, and show him , we the best fans in the world, and we should still sing his song.
The press will take note, and everything will turn out fine

dee

Lets juss try to put this in another way. isn't paddy was given till sat, so maybe he decided to stay for watever reason. and madrid thought oh well we might aswell say he wanted more money to cover up their own embarassment in promising their fans pv4 and failing to deliver him for the third time.

paddy had/has a right to ask to paid like zz and ronaldo etc because he is the best in his position if they can't pay him as the best they should forget it.he gets more at arsenal because we see him as one of the most important players and madrid only want him to be the workhorse without payig him. paddy is right to stay.

Arsenal are/were right not to bullied by madrid to sell ,if they want him they will have to pay on our terms take it or leave it. if they want him they should put up or go o hell.so l will say congrats to the board for standing up to madrid bullies.

l now really hope he stays ,l have faith he will .he is Arsène's foundation for this club as he was his first signing maybe this squad is built around him i.e henry and sol are part of the engine of our team.

lewdikris said:
To put this in perspective - if he is staying, and frankly, I don't f****g know:

Roy Keane, even more important a figure at Man U than Vieira is at Arsenal, kept them waiting for the whole of the 1999-2000 season before signing a contract - the last year of his contract.

For those that remember, the frenzy of the Italian clubs trying to sign him was ten times as intense as this Paddy bollocks. And Keano, Mr United, said? 'We'll wait and see'.

He waited out the whole year, negotiated a spanking 90k a week deal as opposed to the 50k one he was offered the previous summer, and has carried on ever since.

Paddy may stay, he may get a pay rise, but those who say he's uniquely greedy and a bad captain if he does ... look at the reaction Keane gets every week. What he did was arguably even worse than what Paddy's done.

Unfortunately, that's the power genuinely brilliant players have, and there's f**k all we can do about it.

i completely agree with that...we have to accept that all players look out for their own livlihood first of all...and shouldn't be accused of being greedy for doing so. If they can get offered large amounts of money they are entitled to try and get them

That doesn't make paddy a bad captain

Mark

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Mark said:

yeah committed to the club or maybe the increased wages that madrid refused to give him. we will never know! but thats enough for some.

If he really wanted a new challenge and thought he had a better chance of winning the CL he would go to Madrid for whatever the wages, and he surely would have done so a long time ago.

A

Anonymous

If vieira had said he was going and put two fingers up at us then i wouldnt welcome him back..and would take away his captaincy...BUT..he has said nothing..therefore he could of been laughing all summer at this ****. i agree he could of come out and said he wanted to stay..but he didnt..thats his choice.

patrick42uk

Established Member
all of a sudden, the unreliable spanish media become reliable when they suggest vieira will stay and sign a new deal at arsenal. what a surprise

This is true. Everyone rubbished their reports before and now they are seen as the truth. This said I hope to hell the reports are true. For of course.. for every 10 stories the tabloids in any country make up, there has to be one true storY!

JazzG

Established Member
lewdikris said:
To put this in perspective - if he is staying, and frankly, I don't f****g know:

Unfortunately, that's the power genuinely brilliant players have, and there's f**k all we can do about it.

You bring up a very good point but what I want to know is whether he wants more money or does he want to leave the club? I can understand him wanting more but if he wants to leave let him go.

Remember this stuff is from the Spanish media, it is still BS as far as I'm concerned. I always said he would stay and still say the same but until he, R.Madrid or Arsenal say anything it is all speculation.

johe

joshua tree said:
lewdikris said:

i completely agree with that...we have to accept that all players look out for their own livlihood first of all...and shouldn't be accused of being greedy for doing so. If they can get offered large amounts of money they are entitled to try and get them

That doesn't make paddy a bad captain

As I have said before, Wenger is smart enough a man to only keep Vieira if he KNOWS he is 100% comitted. And if he is 100% comitted, he will surely stay captain. Wenger knows that if he is not totally comitted, it will go out on his performances and his drive. It would also be disruptive to the rest of the team. So I will support him as I always have, singing his name. I think he has been very close to going to RM before, and only stayed because Wenger persuaded him. Still, he has always given his all. If he wanted to go to Madrid because of the money, then I'm not really worried. Some players are more moneydriven than others, and I don't think his commitment would be failing if wanted to make a few extra bucks. Sounds weird, I know, but that's just how I feel. I play football myself, for a team that aren't very good, and I'm their captain. But then I heard the coach for a better team who are nearby, but are indescribably much better than mine wanted me to play for them, so I got to go on a trial with them and they said they wanted me to come play for them. The coach said I would play nearly every game, and he felt I was better than his current goalkeeper. So I thought, do I go to this rivaling club, who I want to play for really bad, but then my mates convinced me to stay, and I have still felt as comitted as always. I think that was relevant, hehe. Or maybe not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom