• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont know about selling Trez.. Juve seem quite keen to keep him at the Delle Alpi. Thats why the price for him has been quoted so ridiculously high.

_scorpion_

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I dont know about selling Trez.. Juve seem quite keen to keep him at the Delle Alpi. Thats why the price for him has been quoted so ridiculously high.

Juve will sell Tez for 20 million pounds if the offer came from anyone other than Chelsea. Trust me I would know.

They are doing what every other club is doing to Chelsea.

siddharth

_scorpion_ said:
Juve are in town to try and sell Trezeguet to Arsenal or Chelsea. This is 100%.

All this talk regarding Vieira ad Pires is utter rubbish ....Wenger will not release either.

All that being said we will not pay the cash they want for Trezeguet.

Scorpion why would juve refuse a 30m offer for Trezeguet from chelsea and then come back touting him to other clubs and making themselves look like mugs ?.

Juve have already made their interest in vieira public.They are looking for a player to partner Emerson who has been very poor last season and Tacchinardi is certain to join villareal. I agree that wenger would never release either as both are very important players.I'd rather sell gilberto before vieira.

My own guess is that Juve being well stocked in the forward department may offer us Trezeguet in exchange for vieira which will no doubt be politely turned down by the Arsenal.

_scorpion_

Established Member
siddharth said:
_scorpion_ said:
Juve are in town to try and sell Trezeguet to Arsenal or Chelsea. This is 100%.

All this talk regarding Vieira ad Pires is utter rubbish ....Wenger will not release either.

All that being said we will not pay the cash they want for Trezeguet.

Scorpion why would juve refuse a 30m offer for Trezeguet from chelsea and then come back touting him to other clubs and making themselves look like mugs ?.

Juve have already made their interest in vieira public.They are looking for a player to partner Emerson who has been very poor last season and Tacchinardi is certain to join villareal. I agree that wenger would never release either as both are very important players.I'd rather sell gilberto before vieira.

My own guess is that Juve being well stocked in the forward department may offer us Trezeguet in exchange for vieira which will no doubt be politely turned down by the Arsenal.

Why will Juve turn down Chelsea for 30 million you ask....because they can get 40 million from them!

There is a price for Chelsea and a price for everyone else. Juve do not need to sell Trez, nor do they need to keep him.....so 30 million pounds in the bank is worth less to them than attaining a player who can have an impact in their team.

At the moment Juve have 2 targets....Cassano and Vieira....they won't get either which means they dont really need to sell Trez. They are in london to spark interest for Trez knowing well enough that Chelsea are having no luck making a 'marquee signing'. If Chelsea are stupid/desperate enough to offer 40 million pounds, Juve will sell.....and this isnt guesswork for your information.

vcc1965

asajoseph said:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=289917

Hill-Wood knows nothing, but Juve will offer Appiah (how much are they trying to whore him out?), but won't let Zebina or Trezeguet leave. Psh...

As with every other bloody year with Vieiria...all it takes to kill these stories dead is one live press conference on sky to say I am staying and every year that doesnt happen and we have to put up with the s**t, thats why most fans dont care anymore...no one is bigger than the club..he has been great for us and loyal.. so good luck if he moves...but you can be sure WENGER will have someone to come in

SuperBob

There both going to stay, I can't see Vieira leaving after he publicly said he wanted to stay for the rest of his career after that whole Madrid saga.

And on the otherside I don't think Wenger wants to sell him he's our captain and our leader! Give Paddy a proper preseason and he will show us his 2001 form!

asajoseph

Established Member
What would be the point of selling Vieira anyway? The way I see it, there's nobody sensible available who could replace him anyway.

Ratinho

Established Member
Firstly, Vieira shouldn't have to come out and say what he''s doing, it's his life and look at the crap that can cause at a club when someone as dim as Gerrard starts shooting his mouth off all the time.

Secondly, this is not even a story yet. Juve, owners of Trezeguet and admirers of Crespo, fly into London, and they are coming to Highbury??? Hmmmm, i'd suggest they'd at least be making a stop off somewhere else first. :roll:

The only realistic replacements for Vieira are Essien and Diarra in my view, but Essien is way too expensive and Chelsea are genuinely interested, and there's no reason to rush for Diarra when we have Vieira the finished article for now.

We don't need to sell, Vieira won't see a much greater chance of winning the CL with Juve right now imo, and with us clearly strengthening and players like Henry having no intention of leaving, I can't see why Vieira would go anywhere if it isn't his dream Madrid move.

Imo, it's far more likely that they'd be 'cloak and daggering' an Ashley Cole deal, than trying to take two of our most established older players.

mood

It's more likely their opting for Pires not Vieira.

Vieira - same old crap every summer. The media wont give up.

s_rishi1

This is just plain stupid - they've already stated that they won't spend more than 12m, Appiah's the name we've been linked with, in at 3m tops, so how is 15m an accurate valuation of the player who is the best in the world at what he does?

Give us 35m, on the other hand, and I'd take it...

black187

Why would we sell player if we have very healthy financial status, that's just plain stupid.
Vieira is staying.

mood

Goal.com (report bullshit sometimes) are saying Juve offered 10m + Appiah and we're willing to accept it.

It's a **** deal. Appiah isnt that great and 10m is not enough when we can a higher offer from Real Madrid. But they dont seem interested.

It's the same old **** every summer. Vieira is staying.

Army of Me

Established Member
If Real Madrid couldn't tempt him, what makes Juve think they can???

Sounds like a quiet day for football news if you ask me.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=289917

Hill-Wood knows nothing, but Juve will offer Appiah (how much are they trying to whore him out?), but won't let Zebina or Trezeguet leave. Psh...

thank goodness. both zebina and trez are useless. crap players.

€10 mill + miccoli and appiah should do it. vieira is past it and he is a lousy captein.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
What would be the point of selling Vieira anyway? The way I see it, there's nobody sensible available who could replace him anyway.

the way vieira played at times this season, I could probably replace him... :wink:

Army of Me

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

the way vieira played at times this season, I could probably replace him... :wink:

Thats not entirley his fault, there is no doubt that when he and gilberto are both in the team we play much much better - if you ask me we need to get some decent DM backup for when either is out, not replace them! Which is where Baptista could come in handy, not only could he play up front, but we seem to have forgotten that he is a DM and could easily shift from forward to midfield (and vice versa) as and when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom