• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
The object of football, lest we forget, is not to make money in transfer dealings, but to win matches played over 90 minutes. What would be the point of selling Vieira, if, as a result, we're a worse team? An extra 10 million pounds in the bank will certainly win us no prizes.

There's no point selling Vieira unless we improve as a team as a result.

footballus_maximus

do u think at the beginning of the summer wenger told the board if a bid of "£?" comes for vieira, pires and they refuse to sign new contracts etc... then sell. But before selling have these replacements ready...(Diarra etc...)

JGooner

£6m plus Appiah for Vieira? They can **** off!

Also agree that giving youngsters a chance is no reason to sell your best players. Fabregas is so manifestly brilliant that he will establish himself as a first teamer soon enough regardless of who's ahead of him. Flamini, in my view, is not Vieira class and never will be. Whenever I see him play, the words "headless" and "chicken" seem to flicker across the screen.

Spike

Established Member
Vieira's irreplaceable. You won't find anyone else that has his attributes to do his job. Selling Vieira will be a bad move.

asajoseph

Established Member
An article about Baptista and Vieira

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 47,00.html

Apparently, Vieira is the cheaper option, after moves for Diarra and Essien failed.

More worrying though, is this...

Nevertheless, the young Arsenal striker Arturo Lupoli appears convinced Vieira will leave and was quoted in yesterday's Tuttosport saying: "He wants to go. He will transform the Bianconeri; in the match he rules the midfield. It's a great loss for us."

Lupoli's great and all, but how the hell he'd know about this, I don't know... He's probably not even seen Vieira since the end of the season, because Paddy's not been back in training

yoinkster

I'm ready to let Vieira go, he said his heart was in the club at the end of last summer but put in some awful displays. He's not irrepaceable like Henry so let him go and remove this circus from the club, Vieira never comes out during specualtion to reassure us so does that mean he doesn't care ? I don't know but for what it's worth, I think he can piss off.

14teranga

I would not let him go over my dead body but who am I to say a thing about who should stay, go or come? Vieira had a bad season no argument about it but there is always a Vieira moment in every game that still makes me so happy and I think no I wish he will get at his best for the coming season and we all know Paddy at his best, there is no one comparable to our captain on what he does.

themnov14

I agree with 14teranga, unless he confided with le boss that he feels unfit for the English game physicals and really want to go, it pointless selling him.

Jinn

Established Member
yoinkster said:
I'm ready to let Vieira go, he said his heart was in the club at the end of last summer but put in some awful displays. He's not irrepaceable like Henry so let him go and remove this circus from the club, Vieira never comes out during specualtion to reassure us so does that mean he doesn't care ? I don't know but for what it's worth, I think he can piss off.

What do 'some awful displays' have to do with one's 'heart being in the club'?

Seriously.

Chips&CurrySauce

If this is true, it seems to be the board that have decided the time is right to sell... However the figures quoted are insulting... £6 million plus Appiah, surely they are taking the piss... Appiah is useless.. I don't want any of Juve's rejects.. If they want to sign him I believe 14 million is a very fair price.. At this sort of price I'm suprised the likes of Real and other clubs aren't sniffing around (even Utd)..

And do people know (Brianfrance) how much Diarra would cost.. It seems Arsène rates this guy big time.. And what are peoples opinions of him.. Personally I would still like Patrick to stay and I would have preferred we invest in a top class partner for him..

baccy_man

Established Member
i noticed how much paddy's game improved once gilberto came back it was like he did not have to worry about what was happening with the other players knowing that gilberto was there to tidy things up.

quattro

so nobody has really met nor made any bids?

then again it wont be summer if there wasn't a vieira moving story running around. :wink:

dynasty

What would lupoli know by anychance?I find that abit iffy...
I think the fact that this summer has been slow for the top clubs that paper just needs to make things up.. I highly doubt well let our captain go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom