• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Established Member
Freddie is Arsenal through and through. You could see that yesterday. He is very much a Arsenal man.We dont have many of these players at the club(Titi is another one) as compared to before so lets have faith in them.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:
if hleb put in a performance like that, which he obviously couldnt cos they are different players, he'd get a 9. why? because freddie's contribuiton can be less obvious, off the ball, whilst hleb's contribution is on the ball in a sylish manner.

ultimately, neither leads to goals or assists (i.e. direct impact) because they are both players who depend on better players to make them look good.

So wrong mate...

I would expect more of you patrick. You obviously have forgotten about the brilliant passes and assists Hleb has put in this season.

Now what has Freddie done so far, besides getting "stuck in" in one game against Tottenham?

you have your opinion i have mine. i very strongly stand by the comments i'v made in that post.

Jameel46

Established Member
freddie's performance once again shows that Arsène knows best and that many people on this furom give-up on players too easily, i kept faith in freddie and he had a good game yesterday, same has to be said about Adebayor, hopefully they now do it regularly

Sammer

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Freddie is Arsenal through and through. You could see that yesterday. He is very much a Arsenal man.We dont have many of these players at the club(Titi is another one) as compared to before so lets have faith in them.

What exaclty are you trying to say Alfonso by "let´s have faith in them"?

Freddie needs to step up big time, not just in one game. He has been disspointing for almost 2 years now and you can easily count the good games (yesterday was one of them) in about 2 seconds in those two years.

The workrate and grit of the whole team, especially the whole midfield was superb yesterday. It´s just that Freddie has been so sh*te recently, that this good game sticks out.

I give him the credit he deserves for yesterday. But he is a far way from being the Freddie of the old days.

Alfonso

Established Member
Sammer said:
Freddie is only few of the current players that have won major trophies with the club. He is our longest serving player. He offers intangible advantages to the squad. He is one of the few players in our team that offers grit and determination, qualities that are not synonmous with this Arsenal side. He may not be as good as before, but he is Arsenal through and through, he will offer experience to the younger players. He prob wont be here in the summer, but untill we then i think he still has a big role to play.

Sammer

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Sammer said:
Freddie is only few of the current players that have won major trophies with the club. He is our longest serving player. He offers intangible advantages to the squad. He is one of the few players in our team that offers grit and determination, qualities that are not synonmous with this Arsenal side. He may not be as good as before, but he is Arsenal through and through, he will offer experience to the younger players. He prob wont be here in the summer, but untill we then i think he still has a big role to play.

Fair play, if that role is firing players up and helping them mentally to prepare for big games, or to simply give 100% on the pitch. These are definately Freddie qualities.

If he finds this role, he can be of great help - which doesn´t mean he has to play every game, but rather to come in, when certain qualities are needed.

However, it is clear that he should not be a regular first team starter any more.

patrick42uk

Established Member
IMO, they'll get rotated quite often.

its good because i dont really feel you miss hleb/rosicky (i.e. one of the two being out) if cesc is playing as well. then theres the fact that freddie offers a more vertical threat. if he can maintain his form then its good for the team because the balance of our options on the wings is better.

phil15

Freddie is still a big game player, he fought for everything, linked up well, made some good runs and drew alot of fouls, don't think he will maintain this throughout this season but then again he won't play every game.

This in direct to Adebayor, he is a mystery to me he played like a man possessed the other day unlike he's ever played for the Arsenal, driven on i'm sure by the lingering shadow of Thierry Henry, the love of his life. He'll probably turn in another series of lacklustre games after this, thinking he's already a big player, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this has happened all too often.

marco

What a performance from ljunberg never seen both players on the same side of the pitch being subbed...
essou ekotto just didnt have a clue what to do with him

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Yep, was expecting him to start but was still unhappy about it being in place of Hleb who I thought would terrorise their **** left backs.

But **** me, what a game Fred!

Of course, not everyone agrees.....

qs

Established Member
Lets put this in context. Its not exactly hard to get the better of Assou Ekotto. He's possibly the worst left back in the league.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
And I'll put it in another context.

Fred had a great game against the **** no matter where he was on the pitch ;)

qs

Established Member
He had a good game alright but its only notable because of his normal level of performance. If that had been Hleb people would just be saying it was another good Hleb performance, as expected.

Legend#1

Established Member
He had a good game, but he's still painful to watch and doesn't have any end product anymore, he's a legend but I hope this is his last season.

Lukazan

Established Member
qs said:
He had a good game alright but its only notable because of his normal level of performance. If that had been Hleb people would just be saying it was another good Hleb performance, as expected.

Exactly.

People saying I'd have creamed myself if Hleb had played like that are wrong, because Hleb does play like that, more often than not.

Against Sp**s was Freddie's best performance since the CL final.. and before that.. jesus, you'd probably have to go back to the Arsenal V Norwich game at the end of the 04-05 season.

the dawn raids

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
then theres the fact that freddie offers a more vertical threat.

vertical threat? is that the new way of saying run into a corner and fall on your ass?

if hes starting anywhere it will be on the left in a 4-5-1, so clichy will have a bit more defensive cover, as van persie is less than stellar at providing this. until he proves hes capable of providing consistency theres no way should he start over hleb, and frankly id debate him gettting starts over walcott at this point.

longrufus

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
He had a good game, but he's still painful to watch and doesn't have any end product anymore, he's a legend but I hope this is his last season.

Seconded.

He puts in good performances, but not in the way he use to. I have said countless times how he is not the player he once was, he no longer makes his darting runs which made him so dangerous. He makes up however in otherways, by working hard and giving everything for the team.

He should no longer in my opinion be considered for a starting role, as he simply doesnt offer enough. Would be a good man to bring on when we are ahead in a tight game, with time left in, he can give us that expeirence, grit and determination.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Sammer said:
Alfonso said:
Sammer said:

Fair play, if that role is firing players up and helping them mentally to prepare for big games, or to simply give 100% on the pitch. These are definately Freddie qualities.

If he finds this role, he can be of great help - which doesn´t mean he has to play every game, but rather to come in, when certain qualities are needed.

However, it is clear that he should not be a regular first team starter any more.

the main problem is do Arsène think he is not good anymore? can Arsène see that clear fact? i believe wenger still believes in freddie. he thinks that freddie can provide alot for the team if he plays more game. he thinks freddie is good and he is a regular member.

i don't believe wenger will be brave enough to sell freddie and buy a replacement in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom