• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

According to Wikipedia (and my own possibly flawed math), RvP scored 132 total goals for us. 96 in the league. He then scored 58 for United in three years.

Alexis has 61 for us in three years. Very impressive, and this year isn't over.

But RvP scored 69 in his last three years with us, with another 30 the following year for Utd. He scored 20 for us in 2008-2009 as well, so 119 goals in five years, with another 28 over his final two seasons before going to Turkey. Guy was an absolute monster at his peak.

Alexis is near about those levels of production though, but would need to maintain it for a couple more seasons.
I'm not sure statistics really tell the full story. It puts Alexis roughly on a par with Giroud, who a lot of people round on for not being good enough. None of this would be that important if we had a solid defensive basis to the team.

MagicalRozza

I am on a train and the connection is bad but I just got a notification from a Polish sports site saying Alexis handed his transfer request and wants to go to Real. What sort of crazy **** is this?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
24_02_17_pag_35-1440-ac7fad.jpg

It's in some Chilean newspaper, think their source is THunter.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its the type of move he should push for if interest on Madrids side.

Barce have been rumored to add a no Madrid clause though in the past.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is no player at the club who rips the heart or soul out if they leave, no Henry or Vieira here.

Couldn't give a toss who leaves. Sanchez has left anyway, been saying for months, he's done here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sanchez is gone, trust me. It's over, it's about who we can replace him with now, and I don't see anyone as good.

karl

Sanchez is gone, trust me. It's over, it's about who we can replace him with now, and I don't see anyone as good.
His individual talent would be almost impossible to replace, but maybe another player would work better for the teamwork.

I'm sure it's just speculation, but Moratta + money for an unhappy player would be great.

GDeep™

League is very weak
His individual talent would be almost impossible to replace, but maybe another player would work better for the teamwork.

I'm sure it's just speculation, but Moratta + money for an unhappy player would be great.

Maybe we can get Moratta and another wide top wide man. Might need two signings to compensate the loss of Sanchez.

Problem with the above is guys like Giroud, Welbeck, Theo and Perez already here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Thats Sanchez + Money for Moratta.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Wenger would run down his contract than spend over 100mil on Morata while losing our best player.

Some papers need to think up better BS to run a story on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom