• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We won't get away with offering them 200k a week. We can afford more – the board know it, the fans know it, and the agents know it too.

You only have to look at the money we piss away. Elneny is on 60kpw for doing a job that a decent academy prospect could do.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
From the Times:
C5eJ4e4XMAAmJbY.jpg

Sack whoever's responsible imo.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

From the Times:
C5eJ4e4XMAAmJbY.jpg

Sack whoever's responsible imo.
Years ago I done a tour of Everton. The tour guide, a former player, said they knew Rooney was leaving months before he did as he never renewed his box for the next season. So wouldn't surprise me if the club had signs away from the negotiating table that things may be heading toward an exit.

What buggers me off is out structure. I know I know who doesn't it bother? At the end of the day if we give Alexis 250k pw and it pisses off Gibbs or Ramsey or whoever so be it. All they have to do is have the continual influence Alexis has had and they'll be in the same bracket. Your top performers should not be constrained by your mediocre performers. The players are not collective bargaining it's individual bargaining and someone will pay Alexis his dues.

ARSNLNO1

Sanchez is almost irreplaceable for me, unless and it's extremely unlikely, Aguero became available. I would rather see us use the money for Mbappe, he's one we don't want to miss out on, Granted he will take a few seasons to adapt to the premier league but I don't see another player out there that can do what Sanchez does in the same way. I think we need a long term replacement for Giroud to rotate with Welbeck, my vote would always be for Lukaku but I know he's not a popular choice.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We lose Alexis, we can only blame the ridiculous wage structure we have at this club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
From my sources, its not even about wages, Sanchez is disillusioned here.

Özil on the other hand, it's a wage only issue.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
and people think we can replace that...
Get another individual in who can do those numbers? Highly unlikely. Get another guy or two in that could get us playing better football and share the creative burden, whilst increasing our output? Its very possible.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but how did we fare the season after RvP left us? We signed Podolski, Giroud and Caz, and finished 9 points off the top scoring 72 goals. The previous season with RvP, we scored 74 and finished 19 off the top. Whether we improved is of course debatable, but we definitely shared the burden and were a better team as a result, imo. Not bad for 'off the top of my head' :eek:ops:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Can't remember off the top of my head, but how did we fare the season after RvP left us? We signed Podolski, Giroud and Caz, and finished 9 points off the top scoring 72 goal
Little more than 9 points
article-2328287-19E868E6000005DC-402_306x375.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom