• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He's been awful all summer, starting to get worried. We've been through these hype jobs who have a purple patch before dropping off the face of the earth one too many times.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Calum Chambers didn't die for this
:lol::lol:

The fan base overrated him too much. He was never one of those once top top talents who walked straight into a first team at a top club as a 20 year old and never looked back.

It was always going to take a bit longer to ascertain Holding's true level amidst the ups and downs yet people were saying he should start ahead of Mustafi and what not.

Bellerin and our defensive coaching in general didn't help him but he was individually quite bad today.

Last edited:

coolaa

Dunno y ppl complain about Rob. He might not be a top CB in the league, but he is already one of the best CB we have in our squad. He might make unforgivable passes and cost us goals, but he is never outpaced, outjumped, outmuscled by opponents and conceded goals because of that. You do see Per, Monreal, Mustafi, Chambers, Gabriel and even Kos they all cost us goals due by manmarking, whether it was because of pace, size or in the air, by not holding so far. Amongst the CBs that we have, he has the most balanced in pace, height and size. If ppl do not rate Holding, then it should be the same for our other CBs.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I think he needs to be holding a place on the bench for a while, last year he had a great introduction to the premier league, time to be taken out of the firing line and allowed to grow, hes been awful through pre season and it didnt improve here.
Even the England u21 manager picked Chambers ahead of him. Some negative signs im seeing.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's just the life of an Arsenal CB to make mistakes and concede goals, Mertesacker is the only CB I can remember that hasn't had mad brain farts that concede sloppy goals, and even then he was hella slow.

Arsène Wenger is just not a great coach of defenders.

why is he being hung out like this?

didn't help that Monreal was the CB in the middle plus the whole back line haven't played much together. of course he needs an experienced head beside him like Per or Kos, he is still a kid who has hardly had half a season in the top flight.

yes there are areas he needs to improve in and I am sure he will do that within a couple of years. this comes with playing any young CB, even Varane has off games.

We have a good talent on our hands and I have no doubt he will become a top class CB soon.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Shocking, though he played next to Bellerin who gave him zero support and he had Elneny and Xhaka setting up Leicester breaks all game.

He looks comfortably good enough when Per or Kos is playing.

Told you he's wack, you have to listen more often to your father, Tre.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Played like **** yesterday but so did Xhaka. Not too worried about it. Still young for a CB and not a regular starter.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would sign another CB and loan him out for a season to make his mistakes. He can come back next season when Per is gone and Kos is on his natural decline.

I don't want him just sitting on the bench this season, you don't develop like that.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You have to feel for Holding. If you play him with Kos & Per, no problems, if you play him with 2 LB's he doesn't look so good.

Vibra

Established Member
Has he played on the right of a 3 much? I thought a lot of his struggles came cause Bellerin was too far up the pitch and Holding had to constantly play the role of a right back

BigPoppaPump

I would sign another CB and loan him out for a season to make his mistakes. He can come back next season when Per is gone and Kos is on his natural decline.

I don't want him just sitting on the bench this season, you don't develop like that.

I always feel like Ox's biggest problem is he never went out on loan, he's just been at Arsenal the whole time with potential but not gaining much experience. He's been here for like 6 years and still feels like he's developing. Holding should go out on loan or face the same issues.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I always feel like Ox's biggest problem is he never went out on loan, he's just been at Arsenal the whole time with potential but not gaining much experience. He's been here for like 6 years and still feels like he's developing. Holding should go out on loan or face the same issues.
Ox has been injured, so his development has slowed. Injuries have been his issue, nothing else.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Of course, he looks worse without steady heads who usually play in defense. He needs leadership at this point in his career. Playing with half a team out of position is not doing a young player any favors. It could also be first game jitters judging how these other games have been going so far today.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I thought in a weird way Wenger bringing up his individual mistakes in the post match showed how highly he rates the kid.

Doesn't normally do it.

BigPoppaPump

Ox has been injured, so his development has slowed. Injuries have been his issue, nothing else.

Not true, it's also not finding the right position and him not being the most intelligent footballer with fragile mentality. A loan to a premier league team would of done him wonders when he was 18-21, now he's too old for that tho.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Nailed on starter before the end of the season. Judge him in May.

Reactions: bob

Majora

He's a young player, he was always going to have periods where he drops off a little, would hate to see the fans turn on him after just a few games playing next to partners that he's unfamiliar with. Give him time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom