• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
The trend seems to be if a new or young player isn't good straight away then he's ****.
Yeah and what happened with Holding doesn't happen often. I mean I liked him immediately watching his vids and interview but never expected he'd come in and own it like this. Players and even super talented players go through development in different ways. There is no indication to say Holding will not have a drop in form and confidence next season. Also Chambers could come in and play really well specially in 3 at the back after his loan spell. Its hard and different with defenders.

Relic

Costa was a target for Mert and Rob double act. ;)

*But that wasn't just thanks to well-timed tackles and interceptions. They were also playing mind games throughout to keep on top of him.

Captain Mertesacker revealed after the game that he and Holding formed a "double act" to give Costa a taste of his own medicine.

"We went to work on Diego Costa," explained the German. "Rob was giving him a really hard time. I kept patting him on the back, being friendly, while Rob kept on talking to him. A good double act.

"It was very exciting to see how quickly things can turn."*

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/rob-holding-diego-costa-said-10522877

zhaggy

*But that wasn't just thanks to well-timed tackles and interceptions. They were also playing mind games throughout to keep on top of him.

Captain Mertesacker revealed after the game that he and Holding formed a "double act" to give Costa a taste of his own medicine.

"We went to work on Diego Costa," explained the German. "Rob was giving him a really hard time. I kept patting him on the back, being friendly, while Rob kept on talking to him. A good double act.

Haha good cop bad cop, awesome routine.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

This is so so so encouraging. and I watched it happen all game. We have seriously needed this exact kind of tactic for big games and against big thuggish strikers.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He gave 2 fouls and 1 shot on target in duels with Costa
Against one of the top strikers in the league I think the youngster did well. I don't deny he has room for improvement but I thought he was immense. You don;t often see a 19 year old impose himself on a final like that. Huge signing for us.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He gave 2 fouls and 1 shot on target in duels with Costa
Omg what a b*tch he was :eek:

Seriously, that is hardly being a b*tch. Sounds like a great performance from a 21 year old, who played for Bolton last year and played in his first cup final and came against 'world class' and massive ****, Diego Costa. I think he did terrific.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Amazing how you guys walk into that one with open eyes. If you guys were fish you'd probably jump onto the fisherman's deck all on your own.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Against one of the top strikers in the league I think the youngster did well. I don't deny he has room for improvement but I thought he was immense. You don;t often see a 19 year old impose himself on a final like that. Huge signing for us.
I like the guy, but Costa completely owned him, and it's far from 'immense', and I'm not talking about his overall performance.

silent_shadow

Established Member
I thought Mertesacker and Monreal were better than him - as in they were excellent while Holding was merely "very good".

Agree his mentality is top class. Love how he stands up to players. We need as many of this caliber as we can get. Hopefully they'll rub off on others.

Really excited by him, but I don't want him thrown in weekly, plus I'm not sure he's a sure starter yet. Should be immediate back-up CB/rotated next season imo.

Impact

Established Member
Important to mention that Holding has been fortunate enough not to have his errors (and he has made some) punished by goals.

Want to keep equilibrium with him. Excellent potential but he is not there yet. There will be ups and downs with him over the next few years. He's still learning the trade. Have to patient with him and not expect too much too soon.

Must say though, Wenger, the scouts and StatDNA etc, this was a brilliant find. Got him for next to nothing with little to no competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom