• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
4-2-2-2, like so:

rbleipzig11.jpg

The players used and the way the formation is described in this article makes me think he'd make good use of the players we have:

https://soccertofootball.com/rb-leipzig-playing-without-wings/

A bit strange that his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but then Jardim's name has hardly been mentioned and that's just as puzzling. But with the arrival of Mislintat and so on you'd think we'd be looking at a Bundesliga coach, one of Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl or Tuchel. Looks like we won't get any of them.

i've read that Hassenhuttl likes to play similar to Klopp, a fast-paced full-throttle sort of approach. It'd be great to see, would take some time to implement though.

Aevi

Hale End FC
A bit strange that his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but then Jardim's name has hardly been mentioned and that's just as puzzling. But with the arrival of Mislintat and so on you'd think we'd be looking at a Bundesliga coach, one of Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl or Tuchel. Looks like we won't get any of them.

i've read that Hassenhuttl likes to play similar to Klopp, a fast-paced full-throttle sort of approach. It'd be great to see, would take some time to implement though.
The lack of links to either him or Jardim is indeed alarming. It's doing my head in.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sven really is signing his old mates, isn't he?

Fully expect Reus to come in the winter window.

Have a bad feeling about this.

Liam Slamcock

Quite simply we're trying to be super hyper brilliantly innovatively clever as per usual.

Such a shame, could have made a massive statement with Allegri or Enrique. But that's too mundanely expensive for our hierarchy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I doubt that, because Wenger, as opposed to Arteta, had won the league and the cup in France, then two cups in Japan.

If anything, it was the ignorance of the media and people in England that made them skeptical, although it was a sign of the times, since you couldn't keep track of every coach in the world as easily as you can now.

The sentiment I'm having is based on links to someone who never managed before and a has been.

One league cup in France and then 2 seasons later got sacked in September and had to go to Japan in the 90s!

I remember Wenger's hiring, trust me when I tell you people weren't happy and that he was as much of a risk as anyone we can hire now.

The fact is, the next manager is a transition manager. He'll have to deal with a lot at the club trying to follow a 22 year long legacy manager. It won't be easy.

It's an adventure. We can no longer predict our season or the results of our matches days, weeks, months in advance. We don't have to go into the season with the sense of impending doom.

Relax. Enjoy the ride. For unless our position in the league next season becomes untenable, we can only hope for the best.

El Duderino

Will be interesting to see what shields Gazidis will take shelter behind if things remain as they are now, result wise.

Imagine he won't even bother to make an AGM appearance, things won't be so civil without Wenger there.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Actually there is a 2nd division here. USL currently has 33 teams and is adding at least 6 more over the next 3 seasons. That's not why there is no promotion and relegation (which isn't necessary to create interest down the table anyway since there is a playoff structure). And while MLS obviously isn't nearly at the level of the Premier League, it's actually a pretty good league. A lot of great young talent. Many international players from South America and Europe. A lot of the old guys who come from the PL have a hard time keeping up because the talent base is young and athletic. Ibrahimovic is finding the going very tough so far after joining the Galaxy recently. It's a lot better than you realize.

And NYCFC is actually one of the best teams, not one of the bottom teams. They finished 2nd in the league in points during the regular season. Manchester City bought one of their good young players (Jack Harrison, an England U-21 international) in January and loaned him out to Middlesbrough.
From what I've seen in highlights when keeping up with certain big name players who plied their trade in Europe, it looks the same as the Eredivisie, or even worse.
Plenty of tricks and lovely goals, but defenses are terrible and goalkeepers have dodgy placement and reactions.
Now that you mentioned there is a 2nd division, I found this article that wasn't written too long ago and it's downright * they realized the problem just now, when it should have been one from the very start.

El Duderino

Think they just interviewed a few more guys, so they could spin their story about it being a thorough process, even though they had their minds made up very quickly already.

Someone had already called it before. We were just using allegri's name so fans would think we tried.

Happens every window.

Ivan had a plan all along.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Have to say, although i wasn't initially on board with this reading around rival forums has given me a bit of a seige mentality. It's going to be great when Arteta schools Mourinho after listening to their fans laugh themselves silly over the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom