• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think this appointment will be largely down to Gazidis wanting to be the main guy, he couldn't do that with an experienced manager like Allegri possibly clashing on budgets etc but he can do it with Arteta. I'm ok with it, I've accepted its going to happen, now we need to bring in the best players we can to help him and the club. I dont give a damn about Gazidis or any of the BoD but I do care about Arsenal as a club.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Allegri would've been a good shout to get us back into top 4 next season and maybe challenge for something the year after.

Our front four should be entering its peak by December.as far as working together goes.

Defense will take another summer window to get right.

The worry is that we won't be able to attract top players to compliment svens mates from Dortmund.

What has Allegri shown exactly to be considered in an underdog job like Arsenal? Bloke was sacked by Milan for doing worse than Wenger did this season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Feel like Arteta hinges on the question regarding his stuff for me.
People like Xabi Alonso and another man of similar calibre and it would feel like a pretty exciting setup !

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Four consecutive doubles and a couple of champions league finals?

Clear favourites for the domestic titles with by far the best squad.

Jardim and that other bore Simeone have shown qualities we could need to overcome the insane spending of our rivals.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've always been a bit puzzled by question marks over Jardim's lack of charisma or his level of English. He's Portuguese, he isn't French, but he's done just fine there, so why would it be a problem here? Equally whatever his charisma is or isn't, it seems to work fine there. Is there some special sort of charisma you need to work in England? It's not like he's managing in the comfort of his hometown club, he's already very successful abroad so why wouldn't he be even better here?

Cannot think of a single negative to Jardim's appointment, other than the board think he isn't sexy enough to represent the club.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
How has Arteta managed to dodge the media through all of this speculation? Surely there must have been attempts to interview him during yesterday's parade?

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I think this appointment will be largely down to Gazidis wanting to be the main guy, he couldn't do that with an experienced manager like Allegri possibly clashing on budgets etc but he can do it with Arteta. I'm ok with it, I've accepted its going to happen, now we need to bring in the best players we can to help him and the club. I dont give a damn about Gazidis or any of the BoD but I do care about Arsenal as a club.

Who do you think would want more wages - Arteta or Allegri?

Who do you think would be more willing to work on a budget?

Who would give upper management/Kroenke more headaches if they weren't getting what they wanted?

There is a reason that Enrique was no longer talked about after he gave Arsenal his wage demands.

That's all there is to this decision, nothing more. Until we force Kroenke out, all we can do is hope Arteta is one of those football miracles.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
How is Enrique a massive statement? He's a nobody really.
That statement is factually wrong, because Enrique won the treble with Barca in his first year and they beat the best teams in Europe to clinch the CL trophy. He improved their away record in the competition as well.
I don't think he can replicate the same success anywhere else because Messis, Iniestas and Xavis don't grow on trees, but he's hardly a nobody after winning 2 La Liga titles, a CL and the Copa del Rey in all 3 years he was there, along with some other smaller trophies.

Last edited:

Liam Slamcock

How is Enrique a massive statement? He's a nobody really.

Allegri is a bore and only a short term solution. Not to mention he didn't want to come here, but let's slate the club anyway.
The nobody that won the treble with Barcelona? Allegri a 50 year old, one club change in 8 years short term solution? And what exact information are you privy to that he was never interested in coming here?

I'll slate the club because after 14 years of dross I think we need an instant proven success to come in and give everyone a lift, letting the world know that Arsenal is back and following it up with aptitude on the pitch.

Sadly we don't live in a world where Arteta fits that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom