• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodraven

A cool fact about Torreira is that he originally played as a Striker/Winger, when he moved to Pescara coach Massimo Oddo told him that with his qualities the most he could aspire was to play in Serie C, but if he was willing to learn, there was a better position for him to play, 1 year later he was sold to Sampdoria.

Stannis

Fellaini makes alot more sense now it looks like we have a quality defensive minded midfielder in the bag.

May even pick up multiple away wins with the Ramsey-Torreira -Fellaini midfield!

Why would Fellaini go from United’s bench to ours ?

It’s still makes no sense to sign him

say yes

forum master baiter
Gotta admit that this is looking good lads.

Just need Fkhanonce or whatever his name is to tweet that Arsenal have no interest in Torreira and we can whip the gifs out :drool:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Guess he could potentially start with Emery following him for a while.

We also dont have the likes Pogba, Matic, Herrera to compete with & Uniteds offer I read was not great... If true one year at 80k.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeah I dont see it happening, we have Xhaka & Elenny, also Adli will have been promised some game time, that was suppose to be the reason he chose us. If we get Torreira that would give us enough in the middle, spend the rest on a Keeper.

Stannis

Guess he could potentially start with Emery following him for a while.

We also dont have the likes Pogba, Matic, Herrera to compete with & Uniteds offer I read was not great... If true one year at 80k.

Start as what?

People are really overating him. He collects red cards, he gives away penalties, can’t pass, can barely tackle and is slower than xhaka

His only worth is his heading and even there he has only scored 1 goal in 5 years when coming on as a sub in a game where his side ain’t leading ( just ironic that goal was against us)

If we need a big DM there are better options like Berge. If we need a big striker again we can probably get giroud back in January plus there are guys like Petersen. I’d even take Balotelli.

The only positive about fellani is that it’s a free and even then he will probably want 120k a week. If United won’t give him that despite Mourinho wanting him to stay, that should give us all the warning we need.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Please tell me why we wouldn't play this?
It’s seriously our best lineup assuming we get torreira. Laca/auba partnership looked great at the end of last season and we get to play mesut in his ideal position. Emery just needs to order Ramsey to stop playing as a third striker and we’re set.
Mouthwatering stuff really

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Start as what?

People are really overating him. He collects red cards, he gives away penalties, can’t pass, can barely tackle and is slower than xhaka

His only worth is his heading and even there he has only scored 1 goal in 5 years when coming on as a sub in a game where his side ain’t leading ( just ironic that goal was against us)

If we need a big DM there are better options like Berge. If we need a big striker again we can probably get giroud back in January plus there are guys like Petersen. I’d even take Balotelli.

The only positive about fellani is that it’s a free and even then he will probably want 120k a week. If United won’t give him that despite Mourinho wanting him to stay, that should give us all the warning we need.
The guy has over 80 caps (17 goals from midfield) for Belgium & over 100 appearances for United. I really dont this anyone on here is overrating him! Quite the opposite.

I would not want him as a DM but if we are playing the three man midfield more than happy to see him play for us & adds to the midfield group.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This would be a pretty shrewd bit of business based on everyone's appraisals of him. And you would think that if there is any ambition in this club whatsoever that such a bargain would leave open the possibility of going big on say a Dembele or Pavard or Sergej(in my dreams).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This would be a pretty shrewd bit of business based on everyone's appraisals of him. And you would think that if there is any ambition in this club whatsoever that such a bargain would leave open the possibility of going big on say a Dembele or Pavard or Sergej(in my dreams).

Dreaming is part of the transfer rumors section.

I was just going the fantasy route as well recently and was thinking of this:
Ramsey -- Milinkovic-Savic
Torreira

Ever seen so much energy in a midfield ?
Yet still all class with the ball. Pure dynamite, would be interesting watching that in a game.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never heard of him but everyone seems positive. That'll do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom