• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Classy. Maybe the biggest mistake the club made was keeping him on for 22 years

Nah, made us competitive against Fergusson, kept us in CL with no money to spend and won then 3 FA Cups in 4 years shortly before he left. We were lucky to have Wenger.

From Wenger point of view, he didn't have to do all this just to have **** throw at him at every chance. He had offers from PSG, Munchen and Real Madrid. He should have left for better things.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Nah, made us competitive against Fergusson, kept us in CL with no money to spend and won then 3 FA Cups in 4 years shortly before he left. We were lucky to have Wenger.

From Wenger point of view, he didn't have to do all this just to have **** throw at him at every chance. He had offers from PSG, Munchen and Real Madrid. He should have left for better things.
Thank you for this. Knew a lot of people would use that statement to hammer him since most don't even know or appreciate his time here.

22 years of overseeing a project only to be met with criticism and no appreciation until you leave... And whoever quotes our old signings as a stick to beat Arsène with, remember that we are only in this position and will be better off in the future (signings etc) because of Wenger. The dross (that we now call) paved the way for any and every WC player who has joined and will join.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

His biggest mistake was the Xhaka, Mustafi & Lucas transfer window.

Seems that not only Wenger rated Xhaka. That's why he had his contract extended by Emery, too. All his managers rated him, actually.

Or maybe you would sell him on your own personal initiative. I find quite 'brave' lol these personal initiatives on selling and buying players on this forum.

Last edited:

Jae

Don't think anybody would disagree with your there mate, although for me personally I think he should have gone a couple of seasons earlier than he did, don't think many people would disagree with that either.

I've got the utmost respect for Wenger, but I'm not going to feel sorry for him, he stayed all those years because he wanted to, he could have left at any point and had any job that he wanted. I understand he stayed for the love of the club and that he honestly believes he was the right person to take us forward, but to me he isn't going to endear anyone with that comment.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Just read the full interview. He is such an erudite and a brilliant mind.
I would love to sit down for dinner with Arsène and pick his brain. I would even pick the tab, with a nice Bordeaux, if that would help make it happen. :)

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So he's brilliant for admitting he stayed too long?

You humans and your emotions
No, he's brilliant for everything he has given to this sport. He's brilliant for his quirky comments. He's brilliant for showing class in any and every situation (not sure you'd get that one BTW). He's brilliant because even in the face of injustice he was able to stand tall. He's brilliant because he he's everything this sport currently lacks and much more than it ever deserved.
He made mistakes. He isn't perfect and I share @Jae stance of having wanted him gone earlier, but he is and probably will forever be, the classiest smartest manager the EPL has ever seen.
Please go troll elsewhere, you're not even good at it.

carlito'sway

Established Member
No, he's brilliant for everything he has given to this sport. He's brilliant for his quirky comments. He's brilliant for showing class in any and every situation (not sure you'd get that one BTW). He's brilliant because even in the face of injustice he was able to stand tall. He's brilliant because he he's everything this sport currently lacks and much more than it ever deserved.
He made mistakes. He isn't perfect and I share @Jae stance of having wanted him gone earlier, but he is and probably will forever be, the classiest smartest manager the EPL has ever seen.
Please go troll elsewhere, you're not even good at it.

Great post mate!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't think anybody would disagree with your there mate, although for me personally I think he should have gone a couple of seasons earlier than he did, don't think many people would disagree with that either.

I've got the utmost respect for Wenger, but I'm not going to feel sorry for him, he stayed all those years because he wanted to, he could have left at any point and had any job that he wanted. I understand he stayed for the love of the club and that he honestly believes he was the right person to take us forward, but to me he isn't going to endear anyone with that comment.
I agree with this. I think he is right to say he shouldn't have stayed as long as he did.

I've said before he should have left around 09 give or take but he also earned the right to see through the project.

He should have left after the FA cup win. I also feel it's around that period onwards he feels he should have left. That's my gut feeling and given the slightly more open interview I suspect in the not to distant future more will be revealed.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Kroenke destroyed Wenger tbf with his limited budget Wenger kept us competitive even for CL could not agreed more.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His biggest mistake was the Xhaka, Mustafi & Lucas transfer window.

I would love to live in the alternate universe where we sign Kante, a semi decent CB & Vardy.

The worst transfer window was summer of 2015, where we signed only Cech while midfield area was in such a dire need for fresh faces. And then Leicester won the League.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I feel this would be great for him, in a magnificent country, one which he's very fond of himself. I know he's said in the past he always preferred the day to day running of the club as opposed to being in charge of a national team but perhaps he'd feel like this is the right time.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom