• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Iwobi is an academy product who has shown he has all the tools to be a top player in the league. Just need to put it all together. Consistently. I don’t see him being shipped out unless his attitude really stinks.

By his showings last season..there is a lot to improve on. Consistently I see him being shipped out because he just lacks that special talent.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Think we need to begin developing Iwobi as an interior in a 4-3-3.

Sell him with a buy back clause and let him develop at West Ham. Another season of failed experiments that cost us points and CL football will be disastrous. We have too many hybrid attacking midfielders and not enough out and out wingers.

Song Billong

Fantastic news! I continue to be intrigued by the idea of moving him into central midfield. Great first touch, strong as a bull, completely press resistant, and ability to drive past players from deep. Hard to think he wouldn't already have more to offer there than Elneny.

I'm with you on this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like it if they haven't upped his wages to a ridiculous amount. Strictly from a pragmatic perspective if he's on reasonable wages then it's a can't lose situation. Either Emery will get the best out of him and he'll contribute here or he'll still be an attractive asset to a smaller club who could fetch a profit. If it's a scenario like with Jenkinson and Gibbs where you give him crazy money for showing nothing and make him borderline impossible to sell if he doesn't kick on then it's a disaster.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Fantastic news! I continue to be intrigued by the idea of moving him into central midfield. Great first touch, strong as a bull, completely press resistant, and ability to drive past players from deep. Hard to think he wouldn't already have more to offer there than Elneny.

Ive stated this previously as well, Iwobi has very similar traits to Moussa Dembele for Tottenham, he could be a solid CM, if he could increase his workrate and puts in the work he could be a very good and useful player there.

In an attacking role I cant see him being anymore than average.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ive stated this previously as well, Iwobi has very similar traits to Moussa Dembele for Tottenham, he could be a solid CM, if he could increase his workrate and puts in the work he could be a very good and useful player there.

In an attacking role I cant see him being anymore than average.

I think you are wrong in terms of the average. I never think he will be the most accomplished finisher but he can see a pass and he can thread balls through with precision. He can definitely provide assists and he is so press resistant it would be stupid to sell him.

He could work in a diamond.

---------Auba----------------Laca

---------------------Özil
-----------Iwobi---------AMN
----------------Torreira

One of the hardest aspects of a diamond is having central midfielders who are comfortable wide.

Song Billong

I think you are wrong in terms of the average. I never think he will be the most accomplished finisher but he can see a pass and he can thread balls through with precision. He can definitely provide assists and he is so press resistant it would be stupid to sell him.

----------------Torreira

One of the hardest aspects of a diamond is having central midfielders who are comfortable wide.

I would love to see that given a chance

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

----------------Torreira

Surely we're losing all the aerial duels in midfield with this setup?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

----------------Torreira

I said he would work as a CM and that he would be average in an attacking role, I'm talking behind the Özil role you have positioned or 1 of 3 in a 4231.

As a CM he will work well I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom