• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
60-70k isn't completely terrible for Iwobi - although with the season he's had, I don't know if he warranted a 100% pay rise :lol:. I guess they have big plans for Iwobi.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pleased that he's signing a new contract, but his wages are being doubled? That's a bit weird surely. Why can't wages just stay the same in football? Do they ever just stay the same?? Seems like every new contract there has to be a massive pay rise, why??

Pleased that he's signing a new contract, but his wages are being doubled? That's a bit weird surely. Why can't wages just stay the same in football? Do they ever just stay the same?? Seems like every new contract there has to be a massive pay rise, why??

A lot of money in football. It is good it is going to the players but not just owners.

Agent try to go as high as he can, that just human nature when it comes to money. If the club is ready to pay it everyone should be happy no?

scytheavatar

Established Member

Because the money going into clubs are constantly rising, so why shouldn't the players get a share of the pie? 60k per week is peanuts by modern standards.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hope he does something good with the money.

I'm always glad to see money going to individuals instead of corporations, as a person can really make a difference at the grassroots level.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He's much better than Jenkinson though and has shown a lot more on the pitch.

What I meant is another contract situation where we are unable to offload the player. Jenkinson is a classic example because of his current wages.

Whatever you say about Iwobi, he absolutely did not deserve a 100% pay rise.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What I meant is another contract situation where we are unable to offload the player. Jenkinson is a classic example because of his current wages.

Whatever you say about Iwobi, he absolutely did not deserve a 100% pay rise.

And then people wonder why we won’t be able to get a good fee for him if it came to that.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Has everything in his locker except for his decision making which is the most crucial at the highest level, for example when abua was through he plays a delightful square ball for a Özil tap in.

Iwobi was in a similar situation, but took a shot instead which was poor.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Has everything in his locker except for his decision making which is the most crucial at the highest level, for example when abua was through he plays a delightful square ball for a Özil tap in.

Iwobi was in a similar situation, but took a shot instead which was poor.
Iwobi took a touch and it took him closer to goal. The angle was lost so he had to shoot or check back. Should have played the pass first time.

Auba was a lot wider.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He really upped his defensive game. When/if he developes his decision making and shooting he'll be a world beater.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1533283887

Interesting thoughts from Kanu on Iwobi. He needs to step up mentally and leave the youth player mentality behind. It might just have been a throwaway comment, but saying "I don't know how I did that" after scoring a penalty in a friendly might be an indication of a lack of self-belief.

Iwobi is a potential successor to Özil. People can dispute that if they want, but he should start thinking of himself in that way regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom