• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Marcos Alonso: 1 goal and 2 assists
Andrew Robertson: 0 goals and 2 assists
Benjamin Mendy: 0 goals and 4 assists
Kieran Trippier: 1 goal and 1 assist

And they are all better defensively than Bellerin.

There's no way his one assist compensates the rest of his (poor) game.

Mendy plays in a team which controls the ball for the majority of the match, he can go forward with impunity.

Not having Alonso as a better defender than Hector either, they're both as weak as each other defensively. As I said in my previous post, Hector should be on x3 assists now, Auba and Mhki both missed tap ins from his excellent cut backs.

His offensive output is fine, more than fine. Lots to improve on in 1v1 defending though - I acknowledge this regularly.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Mendy plays in a team which controls the ball for the majority of the match, he can go forward with impunity.

Not having Alonso as a better defender than Hector either, they're both as weak as each other defensively. As I said in my previous post, Hector should be on x3 assists now, Auba and Mhki both missed tap ins from his excellent cut backs.

His offensive output is fine, more than fine. Lots to improve on in 1v1 defending though - I acknowledge this regularly.
Marcos Alonso averages more tackles, clearances, blocks, gives away fewer fouls, is stronger and bigger physically. Bellerin averages more interceptions.

Yep, even Marcos Alonso is a better defender than Bellerin, which should say it all really.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Marcos Alonso averages more tackles, clearances, blocks, gives away fewer fouls, is stronger and bigger physically. Bellerin averages more interceptions.

Yep, even Marcos Alonso is a better defender than Bellerin, which should say it all really.

It says nothing.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I must have been watching a different game. I thought he was quite good defensively.
Not saying much considering Newcastle scored from their only shot on target and were generally crap going forward.
Besides, if you look at the replays, Hector wasn't tracking back and thus leaving Muto and Clark to be on the receiving end of the cross from Perez for that 2-1 goal that denied us our first clean sheet.

Last edited:

TheIceman85

Had a very poor match defensively. Gets caught out too often. Needs a spell on the bench whilst Lichtsteiner shows him how to be a full-back.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Needs a spell on the bench whilst Lichtsteiner shows him how to be a full-back.
Unfortunately, we're probably going to see The Swiss Express in the EL and cup games, because Emery seems to be blind to Hector's cluelessness at the back.
You have a guy who won 7 consecutive Scudetto's and was a two time CL finalist on the bench, but hey, let's play the kid who can't defend over him.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

Yup, Alonso is really killing it according to @kraphtous here. Just like he did that poor girl

Token Yank

I don’t like Bellerin but thought he was good today. Was blocking a lot of crosses for once. Still want to see Lichtsteiner start though

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Even Palace have two better RB's than Bellerin.

Hopefully Emery comes to his sense and gives Lichtsteiner a chance sooner rather than later.

Had a very poor match defensively. Gets caught out too often. Needs a spell on the bench whilst Lichtsteiner shows him how to be a full-back.
True. If he doesn't improve, Emery's gotta bench him. Almost cost us yesterday when he got caught of at the 6th minute and also 10th minute when that cross from the dead ball was whipped in and he wasn't at near post tracking his man, even though their consolation came from the opposite wing!
I gotta admit though that I saw glimpses of improvement in his overall play yesterday but he must get it in him that his primary job is first and foremost to defend and if not I'd want to see Lich start.

Are you talking about the bloody Monreal who was our most consistent player last season or the one who handles his s*** whenever he is on the pitch regardless of whether he is played in a back three or four! Imho I feel he's been our best left back since Cole, whom I didn't get to watch so much before he left

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Are you talking about the bloody Monreal who was our most consistent player last season or the one who handles his s*** whenever he is on the pitch regardless of whether he is played in a back three or four! Imho I feel he's been our best left back since Cole, whom I didn't get to watch so much before he left

Not high enough level

But I have written it numerous time before so just check in his thread or elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom