• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Possibly. If there's serious interest from abroad then maybe an English club will pay over the odds before he can sign a pre-contract with a foreign club.

Crap situation tbh, this really should have been resolved one way or another in the summer like we did with Ox.
Everything wasn't going to change and turn right around. Some of these elements were still going to have to play themselves out... Fortunately, Ramsey is the last big player I think we'll have this mess with.

There could be a blessing in disguise with this... Move Özil and Mkhitaryan into his role - rotating the two. Then go out and buy two wingers to rotate with the front three (Lacazette, Aubameyang, Welbeck, X, and X). Sounds perfect to me. As you said, there's been some shoe-horning with Ramsey but I'd also add Özil /Mkhitaryan to that given Ramsey.

Reactions: A_G

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Only explanation I can think of would be that they are playing Ramsey to get maximum value for him in January. That seems ludicrous to me, however.

It could be that Emery is playing it "safe" with Ramsey, who has physical and defensive qualities and will always offer something in terms of helping the team, no matter how bad he plays with the ball at his feet. Maybe he is trying to ensure a minimum contribution from his #10 while the system settles and the players adapt, or maybe he wants to get a new #10 anyway and doesn't see any of our other players as ideal there.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A big part of our recent (last few years) struggles is that our midfield just hasn't been good enough. Unable to control & manage games against the best teams and not providing the necessary protection to our defense even against lesser teams. Rambo's been an integral part of that midfield. Our ball retention & passing against top teams has been pitiful in recent seasons. Hopefully we can build a midfield that can manage games and pass through the lines & round the press accurately & consistently - it'd be a welcome change imo.

Song Billong

Sell him ASAP and bench him until he's out the door. We can also then play Özil in his natural position instead of trying to accommodate a selfish (on the pitch) player who disrupts our line up.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It'll be either an Özil situation or an Alexis situation. I'm hoping for the former rather than the latter.

JimmyTheMac

Will be fine with him leaving, and selling in January , once we sign a midfield replacement in the same window. Arguably someone with Ramsey's energy and drive to help with our pressing game along with a strong technical level.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

20130414-di-canio-golorom.gif

Good ****ing riddance. I'm buzzing!

Masterstroke by the club in keeping him over the summer btw. Frustrating as it has been to watch hin play as a "midfielder" week in week out, but the club knew it could help fleece some bottom half club when they get desperate for goals to stay up at the end of January's window.

Still can't believe this fool thought he'd get/he's worth 250k p/w :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ramey done. Mustafi/Elneny next.

Blimey.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It'll be either an Özil situation or an Alexis situation. I'm hoping for the former rather than the latter.
Really, so you want the player to get an exorbitant contract and then play like dogshite for weeks once he has it? Cos that is what happened with Özil.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
20130414-di-canio-golorom.gif

Good ****ing riddance. I'm buzzing!

Masterstroke by the club in keeping him over the summer btw. Frustrating as it has been to watch hin play as a "midfielder" week in week out, but the club knew it could help fleece some bottom half club when they get desperate for goals to stay up at the end of January's window.

Ramey done. Mustafi/Elneny next.

Blimey.
No ways we get rid of both Elneny and Rambo unless we have someone lined up.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
A big part of our recent (last few years) struggles is that our midfield just hasn't been good enough. Unable to control & manage games against the best teams and not providing the necessary protection to our defense even against lesser teams. Rambo's been an integral part of that midfield. Our ball retention & passing against top teams has been pitiful in recent seasons. Hopefully we can build a midfield that can manage games and pass through the lines & round the press accurately & consistently - it'd be a welcome change imo.
Totally agree. I'd go as far as to say that we struggle to control games even against the lesser opponents. Even last night we were having problems playing through the middle, even though we scored a great build up goal from the back. Our midfield don't really provide the centre back any decent passing options forcing them to go back and or lose possession after 3 or 4 passes.

I could see Emery giving AMN a shot for the rest of the season when he comes back.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Rather get the money tbh. Martial can’t play RW(according to utd fans) so I’d pass on him unless we sell one of Auba/Laca so we can play him at LW.
Which we're not doing. Why are you so desperate to get rid of Aubemayang?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I could see Emery giving AMN a shot for the rest of the season when he comes back.
Definitely. Similar to Douzi, Emery may just see this season as the foundation for what is to come. Of course he will have certain objectives to meet like getting us in the top four and he will have to weigh up whether or not these youngsters are enough to get us there. I suspect not alone.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Only explanation I can think of would be that they are playing Ramsey to get maximum value for him in January. That seems ludicrous to me, however.
We're going to play him every PL, EL, Carabao Cup, under-23, 18 and reserve matches and pass him off to his new team as a broken shell of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom