• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Honestly this is just awful. Values gone the second Wenger's out the building.

You don't just freeze a player like Özil out. Play him even if you don't want him long term. Why would big players want to come to a club where they might get frozen out if management change their minds
he hasn't been freeze out he played 20 from 36 games this season 6 times he missed due injury so that mean he started 20 from 30 in all competition and he will start next 3 games specially its at home Emery just dont fancy him away from home because of his workrate maybe.

Last edited:
Tbh another issue of Özil is his low stamina, even if he presses he can't keep it up for 90 minutes.

Low stamina is a huge issue for a pressing team, if it wasn't Iniesta would still be starting for us.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Tbh another issue of Özil is his low stamina, even if he presses he can't keep it up for 90 minutes.

Low stamina is a huge issue for a pressing team, if it wasn't Iniesta would still be starting for us.

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news/2476675/

No Premier League player has embarked on more sprints than the Gunners playmaker. This season, Özil, 29, has set off on 82 sprints in just nine Prem games - at a little over NINE per match

https://tribuna.com/en/arsenal/news/2476675/

No Premier League player has embarked on more sprints than the Gunners playmaker. This season, Özil, 29, has set off on 82 sprints in just nine Prem games - at a little over NINE per match

When Özil and Ramsey lose the ball and sprint to get it back.

Those stats are from last year and not a single player from a high pressing team like city or liverpool makes that list.

Kinda proves my point tbh unless people want to say those sprint stats imply that Özil has higher stamina than kante or De Bruyne.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When Özil and Ramsey lose the ball and sprint to get it back.

Those stats are from last year and not a single player from a high pressing team like city or liverpool makes that list.

Kinda proves my point tbh unless people want to say those sprint stats imply that Özil has higher stamina than kante or De Bruyne.

I know they are from last year but point is you have to have stamina for repeated spritnts , Kante is the player that covers the most ground , but what's so good about De Bruyne's stamina though ?
Ramsey hit 14 k or some ridiculous number in the Fa cup final

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Honestly this is just awful. Values gone the second Wenger's out the building.

You don't just freeze a player like Özil out. Play him even if you don't want him long term. Why would big players want to come to a club where they might get frozen out if management change their minds
This is true. Look how Arsène handled Giroud and Theo when the time had come to move them on. Had open honest discussions with them and promised to give them playing time to put themselves in the shoping window, and let them go to the clubs they wanted. He did what was best for the club and the players. What a great man.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is true. Look how Arséne handled Giroud and Theo when the time had come to move them on. Had open honest discussions with them and promised to give them playing time to put themselves in the shoping window, and let them go to the clubs they wanted. He did what was best for the club and the players. What a great man.
look at how they repaid him too. Professional performances until the last minute.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
This is true. Look how Arséne handled Giroud and Theo when the time had come to move them on. Had open honest discussions with them and promised to give them playing time to put themselves in the shoping window, and let them go to the clubs they wanted. He did what was best for the club and the players. What a great man.
underlines the fact that unless Emery can achieve more than Wenger did in his last 10 years, we have lost out big time in replacing one for the other - and would also underline the fact that it is our owner who is responsible for our decline

I fear while we have Kroenke it won't matter who is managing the club - so we might as well try to retain our reputation for class at least

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Unfortunatley we're losing the key player in that game, which was Ramsey. So we're going to need someone who can fill that role as effectively as he did.

Still don't understand why Emery or whoever is making these decisions thinks its a good idea to get rid of both Özil and Ramsey with such apparently limited funds to bring players in. And we've lost the guy who was supposed to be able to find gems on the cheap.
That was the Chelsea away game actually, where Özil played a #10. It's a good example of the team creating a lot of chances without him contributing any.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

We let Giroud go to get more game time to play for France, we were doing him a favour, plus he went to the champions. Walcott held us over a barrel twice were was Arsène's man management then?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That was the Chelsea away game actually, where Özil played a #10. It's a good example of the team creating a lot of chances without him contributing any.

That was the pleasing thing till Dec we created heaps in big games and we dominated possession against Tottenham without him . I prsesumed with him there as well there would be real depth for the season in all comps . I didn't fathom we would be pushing Iwobi this hard to create something every week virtually on his own .

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That was the pleasing thing till Dec we created heaps in big games and we dominated possession against Tottenham without him . I prsesumed with him there as well there would be real depth for the season in all comps . I didn't fathom we would be pushing Iwobi this hard to create something every week virtually on his own .
I watched a compilation of his Liverpool performance recently and it was a lot better than I initially remembered, he even did a good amount of defensive work. Really hope we get the full story of what's going on with him one day.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I watched a compilation of his Liverpool performance recently and it was a lot better than I initially remembered, he even did a good amount of defensive work. Really hope we get the full story of what's going on with him one day.
We know what’s going on, he’s being forced out. Either because Emery won’t accommodate him or because Raul and co want his wages off the books.

He’s on social media every day making it clear he is training, available and involved with everything at Arsenal, apart from match day.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We know what’s going on, he’s being forced out. Either because Emery won’t accommodate him or because Raul and co want his wages off the books.
It would be easier to judge if we knew exactly who was responsible. If it is Emery's doing, it's going to pile the pressure on him moving forward. But if it's Sanllehi who's responsible people might be more sympathetic towards the conditions the head coach is working under.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It would be easier to judge if we knew exactly who was responsible. If it is Emery's doing, it's going to pile the pressure on him moving forward. But if it's Sanllehi who's responsible people might be more sympathetic towards the conditions the head coach is working under.
Does it really matter to the board who bares the brunt of the blame though? If they know it isn't him then they won't use it as a stick to beat him. Just judging by how the Wenger situation played out it seems the fans have to be absolutely beyond appeasement to get a reaction. Now that Kroenke is the sole shareholder I don't see him giving any more of a **** than before. Business as usual. They will measure Emery on his ability to be a duck when all the water is thrown at him.

I know they are from last year but point is you have to have stamina for repeated spritnts , Kante is the player that covers the most ground , but what's so good about De Bruyne's stamina though ?
Ramsey hit 14 k or some ridiculous number in the Fa cup final

KDB played like a man possessed all of last season

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Does it really matter to the board who bares the brunt of the blame though? If they know it isn't him then they won't use it as a stick to beat him. Just judging by how the Wenger situation played out it seems the fans have to be absolutely beyond appeasement to get a reaction. Now that Kroenke is the sole shareholder I don't see him giving any more of a **** than before. Business as usual. They will measure Emery on his ability to be a duck when all the water is thrown at him.
I'm not talking about the board, I'm talking about the fans reaction. If Emery is the one who decided to freeze Özil out, then replace him with a gimp like Denis Suarez and the team doesn't improve we'll see a huge backlash. Similar to the one Wenger faced towards the end of his tenure.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Apparently this is the chap heading up the Arsenal legal team tasked with finding a way out of Ozils contract.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom