• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Asked by Sky Sports if he’s happy and wants to stick around at Arsenal, Özil said: “Absolutely. I’ve got two more years on my contract. I don’t know after that but I’ve got two years left.

“I’m 30 now, I still have years in front of me, it’s down to the club as well of course, but I’ve got two years here – after that I don’t know what happens.”

While it still appears that Unai Emery has reservations about using the World Cup winner in away games – a remarkable state of affairs given he’s the club’s highest earner on £350,000 a month – the midfielder says his relationship with his coach is ‘positive’.

“No [there are no issues with Emery],” he added. “Definitely not. There’s always speculation, everyone inside knew that our situation is positive.

“It’s frustrating [not playing]. I want to play in every game. Through injury I’ve missed games but that’s football.

“As a footballer you always want to start games. The coach makes decisions which means you may not start but you have to keep going.”

Whether the Arsenal hierarchy wants to keep Özil around remains to be seen. Their problem is that having handed him a whopping great pay rise few clubs can actually afford him.

https://arseblog.news/2019/05/happy...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Asked by Sky Sports if he’s happy and wants to stick around at Arsenal, Özil said: “Absolutely. I’ve got two more years on my contract. I don’t know after that but I’ve got two years left.

“I’m 30 now, I still have years in front of me, it’s down to the club as well of course, but I’ve got two years here – after that I don’t know what happens.”

While it still appears that Unai Emery has reservations about using the World Cup winner in away games – a remarkable state of affairs given he’s the club’s highest earner on £350,000 a month – the midfielder says his relationship with his coach is ‘positive’.

“No [there are no issues with Emery],” he added. “Definitely not. There’s always speculation, everyone inside knew that our situation is positive.

“It’s frustrating [not playing]. I want to play in every game. Through injury I’ve missed games but that’s football.

“As a footballer you always want to start games. The coach makes decisions which means you may not start but you have to keep going.”

Whether the Arsenal hierarchy wants to keep Özil around remains to be seen. Their problem is that having handed him a whopping great pay rise few clubs can actually afford him.

https://arseblog.news/2019/05/happy...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Sounds like he's happy to suck us dry as a part-timer and dig his heels in. Great.

Let's play Aubamawang

I would like him to leave purely because his wages are crippling the club. But nobody is going to want to pay him that much, so we are stuck with him. Great player on his day, but we could get three great, consistent players in on his wages...

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Sounds like he's happy to suck us dry as a part-timer and dig his heels in. Great.
Well at least on the bright side, at least for the Kroenkes, they have someone to blame over the next 2 seasons for why the club can't spend any money in the transfer market. :lol:

No, but if any Arsenal fans condone it, they can burn in hell. I know none will, no matter what they post in this thread. Deep down, they'll feel betrayed. Well not even deep down really.
Blame him for what, mate? At most he is ruining his legacy as a player. But we cost him his last chance at a significant pay off when he was off on a free. It's his right to get his pay day from the corporation that is Arsenal FC. Unlike the fans, he has no connection to the club. If anything, now that he is a hasbeen, I'd think less off him as a person if he got duped out of his money by the Kroenkes.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Where a lot of our key players have abandoned us, Mesut has remained. Your Cesc’s, Nasri’s, Van Judas’, heck even the Hleb’s and Vermaelen’s. They all left us. Özil wants to remain here- if you don’t respect the player respect his loyalty. He’s never been swayed.

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
I just don’t think you understand..
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Where a lot of our key players have abandoned us, Mesut has remained. Your Cesc’s, Nasri’s, Van Judas’, heck even the Hleb’s and Vermaelen’s. They all left us. Özil wants to remain here- if you don’t respect the player respect his loyalty. He’s never been swayed.

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.

The difference is they all went on to better clubs and more successful clubs that were challenging.

Özil knows his next move is down so Arsenal and a big payday suits him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.
Better than Zidane...

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
So he was going to leave on a free, we decided to pay him a **** ton more for him to not change and then leave for free.

This is potentially the worst signing/man management the club has ever made.

I want him to go just so this saga ends, I'm bored of Özil and Arsenal being a constant talking point.

Dregen57

So he was going to leave on a free, we decided to pay him a **** ton more for him to not change and then leave for free.

This is potentially the worst signing/man management the club has ever made.

I want him to go just so this saga ends, I'm bored of Özil and Arsenal being a constant talking point.
I'm sick and tired of ranting fans who don't trust in the club and management aka manager.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No, but if any Arsenal fans condone it, they can burn in hell. I know none will, no matter what they post in this thread. Deep down, they'll feel betrayed. Well not even deep down really.

You can’t condone it but tbh if I was offered a 100% pay rise whilst having to do f*ck all I’d take it.

Gazidis sanctioning it is what f*cked us.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Now, please, in unison..

We got Özil..
Mesut Özil.
He’s Unai Emery’s man,
He’s better than Zidane,
We got Mesut Özil.

all of those Judas would stay if we offered them big money. as much as Özil wouldn't if we haven't given him all that $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom