• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil is a streetball player who got a deal. That type of player tends to develop a cult following cause people love seeing players who can casually pull off tricks and flicks, but these streetball players usually can't cut it in team sports. It's shocking he has got this far at the top, previous streetball favourites don't go for too long before getting dumped by top clubs(Robinho, Denilson, Ronaldinho etc). Get rid.
You are wrong. I never see Özil pull off tricks and flicks. I think you were watching Cazorla and think he was Özil.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don’t agree with this either. Lacazette works hard defensively, turns up in big games and has what Deeney might call cajones. Can understand your criticism of his physicality (his biggest weakness is that he has no outstanding attribute there) but he’s a clutch player otherwise.

I really don't think he's better than Giroud, who neither me or you were big fans of. But the thing is Giroud was all alone for seasons, he would've looked much better if he was able to rotate. However, Giroud had better wingers to share the burden with so it's hard to compare. I just don't see much between them other than the fact Giroud didn't cost us 50 million.

Lacazette doesn't even get a sniff in the French NT, and tbh I don't blame them he wouldn't add anything.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
People banging on about Cazorla, short memories. Great player but he was getting dominated in games, getting all dizzy against Sp**s and having to be substituted at HT.

I'm struggling to remember these games when he got dominated, please can you give examples other than that Sp**s off game he had (which most of team was poor that day).

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Our very own Rooney. Everyone could see this coming. Needs to be forced out in the summer no matter what.
Probably the best contemporary comparison (in terms of reduced output and huge, late-stage contract giving too much credit for past performances), though Rooney’s drop off wasn’t for lack of trying; legs were shot thanks to a PL debut at 16 and a decade-and-a-half of gangbusters effort. Özil doesn’t have either excuse.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably the best contemporary comparison (in terms of reduced output and huge contract giving too much credit for past performances), though Rooney’s drop off wasn’t for lack of trying; legs were shot thanks to a PL debut at 16 and a decade-and-a-half of gangbusters effort. Özil doesn’t have either excuse.
Aaah, poor Rooney had to fight with wolves every day while Özil relaxed on his sunbed in Madrid

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Mostly probably, he will be made the scapegoat at the end of the season, sold and replaced with someone who might be good/bad. Who replaces him doesn't matter. We will still get the same results because of the complete waste of a midfield we have. At least then the haters will realize where the problems lie.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Apparently he’s been playing with a brain injury for much much longer.

Why did this thread even get a bump? He was injured again and didn’t play....Bedwetters unite!

Gone in the summer :drool:

Your'e dreaming mate :lol: he ain't going nowhere .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mostly probably, he will be made the scapegoat at the end of the season, sold and replaced with someone who might be good/bad. Who replaces him doesn't matter. We will still get the same results because of the complete waste of a midfield we have. At least then the haters will realize where the problems lie.
Our midfield is poor too. Xhaka will hopefully be replaced. Lots of work to be done.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People banging on about Cazorla, short memories. Great player but he was getting dominated in games, getting all dizzy against Sp**s and having to be substituted at HT.
Tbf, that was one game where Wenger said he "wasn't at the races" and I think he was ill. He was good technically and if a team shut down Özil, they had him to deal with and better still, we could continue to play our game. Right now, Torreira aside, our midfielders can't be pressed or run at decent pace with the ball or pass consistently well. Cazorla wasn't perfect but we have been horribly deficient for three years without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom