• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,100
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Not really the point I was trying to make :lol:, but oil clubs transfer activity is ridiculous. They just kill any competition by having stockpiling talent.

You got clubs who just cannot compete and will never be able to unless a billionaire gets involved. I believe there needs to be a level playing field or at least an attempt to make it fair on other clubs, I'm not even talking about Arsenal, I'm talking the Burnley's, Watford's etc who sit at a completely different table as they don't have a billionaire owner.

Just gets a bit boring, I recently watched 'Moneyball' again and its got me thinking how difficult it is for other clubs especially in places like 'Burnley', season after season of surviving in the PL or at best getting into the Europa League which now has become even harder to get into; its the same for worldwide, there is pretty much nothing for other clubs to play for, how many leagues around the world regularly have 'double' and 'triple' winners.

I hate so much about modern football. The ceiling for most clubs is mid table in the Premiership and a good cup run every 3-4 years. And even if you achieve that all it takes is a few small details going wrong and it comes tumbling down. In recent seasons we have had WBA and Swansea were both held in high regard for being really well run clubs, both mid table for a number of years, one bad season and they are down to the Championship and could be there a long time.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I hate so much about modern football. The ceiling for most clubs is mid table in the Premiership and a good cup run every 3-4 years. And even if you achieve that all it takes is a few small details going wrong and it comes tumbling down. In recent seasons we have had WBA and Swansea were both held in high regard for being really well run clubs, both mid table for a number of years, one bad season and they are down to the Championship and could be there a long time.

Agree 100%, its such a shame as some fans best experiences are a play off final followed by a relegation battle.

I know us Arsenal fans moan a lot about the current standard but imagine being mid table at best with only cup runs to the quarters to keep you going.

That is what I don't like and where I feel there needs to be more balance in regards to transfers and money. The gap is getting larger and larger between the haves and have nots.

It would make for a much more interesting league if it was more competitive and you couldn't buy your way to a title.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

:lol::lol:

But maybe I shouldn't laugh, we might end up having to do similar for some of our unwanted players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

But maybe I shouldn't laugh, we might end up having to do similar for some of our unwanted players.

Paying £13million a season for a player not even at the club is hardly an ideal scenario — but United realise slashing £250,000 a week from their wage bill would be a significant boost in terms of packages they can offer prospective signings.

United believe the best hope they have of moving Sanchez, 30, this summer is on loan. Such a deal would enable them to renegotiate an alternative exit route for Sanchez ahead of the 2020-21 season, particularly if the forward can recapture his best form elsewhere.

Considering Alexis' past two seasons, is there a club that would be willing to pay the remaining £250,000 per week in wages? Only a handful of clubs have the resources to pay that kind of money to anyone , much less a brooding, sulking 30-year-old prima donna whose best years are behind him. I don't really see him as a fit at Barcelona anymore. Or Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern or Juventus. China might be a possibility, but they're introducing a salary cap beginning this summer.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Paying £13million a season for a player not even at the club is hardly an ideal scenario — but United realise slashing £250,000 a week from their wage bill would be a significant boost in terms of packages they can offer prospective signings.

United believe the best hope they have of moving Sanchez, 30, this summer is on loan. Such a deal would enable them to renegotiate an alternative exit route for Sanchez ahead of the 2020-21 season, particularly if the forward can recapture his best form elsewhere.

Considering Alexis' past two seasons, is there a club that would be willing to pay the remaining £250,000 per week in wages? Only a handful of clubs have the resources to pay that kind of money to anyone , much less a brooding, sulking 30-year-old prima donna whose best years are behind him. I don't really see him as a fit at Barcelona anymore. Or Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern or Juventus. China might be a possibility, but they're introducing a salary cap beginning this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Italy, maybe Inter or AC, the 250k wage thing is a massive put off though, personally I don't think he's done, under the right circumstances he still has a lot to offer.

Could be a really important player for the right club but still a huge risk.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sanchez played his best football under Wenger. Leaves Wenger and turns into dog ****.

Makes you wonder.
Should have stayed he could be problem in dressing room but he is very good player shame he more interested about money

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

The Chile final + Injuries + Mourinho + Big Wages + a very individual player + (apparently) a very disrupted personality in the locker room.

A shame, such a talent.
He was never effective he was about volumes, he can give you some comical moments but he also can create havoc.
If you generate big volumes of football you are in for a treath.
If you are more result oriented effecctive team that is more confortable without the ball Alexis is not the player for you.

Reactions: A_G

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Italy, maybe Inter or AC, the 250k wage thing is a massive put off though, personally I don't think he's done, under the right circumstances he still has a lot to offer.

Could be a really important player for the right club but still a huge risk.

I thought about both Milan and Inter as possible destinations, but both clubs are on shaky financial footing at the moment (especially Inter). Maybe there's a way Ivan can work it out for Milan.

You're right, of course. He still has great talent and can be a significant player again, but it's a question of whether the sort of clubs that could really benefit from having him can afford it (even if United eats half of it).

pikey2000

Assuming Sanchez could get back to the level he was at with us for the majority of his time i.e high work ethic, good pressing, movement etc, i could see him doing really well and be a good addition to Liverpool, the way they work/press and the tempo of their game would really suit his style and I think Klopp is the sort of manager who could inspire him and get his fires burning again

imo whilst he may be detrimental in the dressing room, if you can get his head straight and pulling in the right direction he is as good as anyone else in the league, despite the last couple of years in the wilderness and the Arsenal fans who are intent on him being ****e because he left us.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Agree 100%, its such a shame as some fans best experiences are a play off final followed by a relegation battle.

I know us Arsenal fans moan a lot about the current standard but imagine being mid table at best with only cup runs to the quarters to keep you going.

That is what I don't like and where I feel there needs to be more balance in regards to transfers and money. The gap is getting larger and larger between the haves and have nots.

It would make for a much more interesting league if it was more competitive and you couldn't buy your way to a title.

I've said it before. There are 360 clubs in the top 8 levels of English football that aspire to finishing where Arsenal finished last season. We're pretty spoiled when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom