• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,389

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think we had our best two games of the year with Ramsey and Özil on the pitch tbf, the Fulham and Leicester games.
Your season isn't defined by two games against mid table / relegation teams. I went to that Leciester game and saw that Özil masterclass in the flesh and it was phenomenal but at the end of the day he has been very poor for his standards since he signed the contract.

As someone above stated it isn't factually correct to say we were best under Özil/Ramsey because our best run was without them playing a major part. I do agree with the notion that Ramsey was a key player for us since Jan until his injury. Özil however has only stayed in the side because the next best player after him is Mkhy, Iwobi or youth players for that creative "number 10" position.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Think we had our best two games of the year with Ramsey and Özil on the pitch tbf, the Fulham and Leicester games.

They were also on the pitch for the 5-1 drubbing to Liverpool and the loss to Manchester United in the FA Cup. You can cherry pick good games and bad ones for everyone. Truthfully, Arsenal's problems started with Holding's injury and compounded with Bellerin's.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They were also on the pitch for the 5-1 drubbing to Liverpool and the loss to Manchester United in the FA Cup. You can cherry pick good games and bad ones for everyone. Truthfully, Arsenal's problems started with Holding's injury and compounded with Bellerin's.

Also Welbeck, think he’d won Emery over and was playing regularly. Team worked well with him as well.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can't see us doing any business until the backroom staff is sorted, could be ages away. Think this summer will be another big failure tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't see us doing any business until the backroom staff is sorted, could be ages away. Think this summer will be another big failure tbh.
I think we won't do any business until we know we'll play CL or europa next season so likely after the final.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd like to see us go in for Redmond. Crafty wee player who finally got a second call up for England.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd much rather prefer quality over quantity. We need quite a few players but I'd take a gamble on Umtiti and a good quality winger as our main signings any day.

Quality over quantity or we just find ourselves with deadwood a couple seasons down the line. We aren't gonna turn this around over night anyway.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Umtiti's missed 28 games this season, 12 last season and 8 the season before. Meh, it's a tough one. Van Dijk missed a whole season not long ago and he's just played nearly every game this season. I'd take Umtiti for 40-50m, can't think of anyone better we could realistically get.

Gunner-Union

Take umtiti , rabiot free and tielemens along with a pacy winger. No idea what our budget is but suspect it’s more than the 40 mil I see every time I look at any player linked with us.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Umtiti's missed 28 games this season, 12 last season and 8 the season before. Meh, it's a tough one. Van Dijk missed a whole season not long ago and he's just played nearly every game this season. I'd take Umtiti for 40-50m, can't think of anyone better we could realistically get.

To fully assess the situation, you'd need Umtiti's full medical records. Really depends on what kind of injuries he's had. Achilles and a lot of knee stuff is always a bad sign. Then you got to connect the dots re: is it all follow up injuries you can trace back to one earlier incident, like with a lot of the stuff Ramsey and Wilshere suffered, or is it even something seriously chronic like the injury Forsberg has? If it's that I'd keep my hands off him. If it's just an unfortunate series of unrelated problems or one big injury that's kept him sidelined for longer, I don't think there should be problems with the right treatment, workload and training methods.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
CB - Bailly, Umtiti, Hermoso, Djene, Kanneman

CM - Rabiot, Barella, Praet

Wide man - Zaha, Neres, Fraser.

Apparently our list of players we want. Probably not accurate but those are likely to be the best we can get. I listed them in order of who I’d like first.

For the first 3 names you’re looking at probably 80-90M. Doable with CL football, doable anyway with player sales.

Most realistically Kanneman, Praet and Fraser at what would be around 50m is probably what we’ll end up with lol.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
CB - Bailly, Umtiti, Hermoso, Djene, Kanneman

CM - Rabiot, Barella, Praet

Wide man - Zaha, Neres, Fraser.

Apparently our list of players we want. Probably not accurate but those are likely to be the best we can get. I listed them in order of who I’d like first.

For the first 3 names you’re looking at probably 80-90M. Doable with CL football, doable anyway with player sales.

Most realistically Kanneman, Praet and Fraser at what would be around 50m is probably what we’ll end up with lol.
At this point, i wouldn't second guess who we're after. Links at this point are usually wrong unless they're certainties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom