• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,473,234

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaise

If 50m is true it can only be United and I d never sell him overthere, in fact only player I d sell them would be Mustafi. We messed it up but if we win Europa I d say it is good decision not to sell. Ramsey was a key factor at times this season and a very nice asset tactically for Emery.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well they could have used the money for a midfielder then. My point was that good players can be found at bargain prices. Had Arsenal been smarter in recent years, they could have sold Sanchez, Özil (rather than saddle themselves with that contract), Mustafi (or, preferably, not bought him in the first place) and made all sorts of better decisions that would have left them in much better shape financially. You know, like Liverpool has operated recently.

Liverpool has made some great under-the-radar signings such as Wijnaldum (£23 million from Newcastle) and Andy Robertson (£8 million from Hull City), bargain signings such as Mane and Salah, while the sale of a previous bargain signing (Coutinho) funded the big money signings of Van Dijk and Alisson that made them title contenders instead of just top 4 contenders.

It is not the easiest to find proven EPL midfielder for say 25 millions, or top player from other leagues.

I get your points and agree it's good to be smart or wise, but many of those things are also hindsight.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Of course it's believable that United bid that much for him, Ox went for £35m. Big clubs covet Ramsey, no matter how much it upsets the A-M hipsters.

Then why didn't we sell?

Insane money to turn down for an average and injury prone player with a year left.

drippin

Then why didn't we sell?

Insane money to turn down for an average and injury prone player with a year left.

We didn't sell because rumours are always true and Arsenal is full of idiots even if they change personnel who handle things.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko

Buy Rabiot for free, Brandt for 21m, and Djene for 35m and then we can easily compete for top 4

drippin

Can't be looking at Nkunku when Brandt is available so cheap. Get it done.

Sane to Bayern might help us with Brandt. But there is Tottenham.

Luckily they already have many wingers so more gametime here, and we can also pay more wages I think.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Then why didn't we sell?

Gazidis and Sanllehi made a mess of the situation. They kept Ramsey because Emery liked him, but then revoked his contract offer a few months later. Made no sense at the time and we lost out on either getting a fee for him or securing his long-term future.
Can't be looking at Nkunku when Brandt is available so cheap. Get it done.
Ornstein said this today as well:
Arsenal came close to a deal for PSG midfielder Christopher Nkunku in January, while Adrien Rabiot is another they've pursued in the past - but I've not heard that either are targets this time round.

drippin

What position Brandt actually plays? I thought he was a winger, but Transfermarkt says more of an AMF.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Gazidis and Sanllehi made a mess of the situation. They kept Ramsey because Emery liked him, but then revoked his contract offer a few months later. Made no sense at the time and we lost out on either getting a fee for him or securing his long-term future.

Which is nothing short of scandalous. Tell the fecker to sign or **** off in that moment of time.

Sounds good. Nkunku looks like a decent talent but not one for right now, whereas Brandt has multiple seasons under his belt. Could make an impact right away.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It is not the easiest to find proven EPL midfielder for say 25 millions, or top player from other leagues.

I get your points and agree it's good to be smart or wise, but many of those things are also hindsight.

Sure, nobody thought too much about it when Liverpool bought Wijnaldum and Robertson. In fact, I'm sure they were ridiculed (I know they were for Wijnaldum, but probably most didn't know who Robertson was). But they knew they were getting players who could be successful. Wijnaldum was a proven Premier League midfielder, even if he wasn't hailed as such on Twitter. Liverpool saw something in him and the rest. That's how Arsenal needs to be. They weren't in the past, but they need to be smarter in the future. That's my point.

Also, players need not be proven in the Premier League. Wolves paid just £15.8 million for Neves. Now they've got bigger clubs lining up to pay them £60 million. There are lots of good players to be found for less than £25 million. But you have to be smart to identify them. Transfer value isn't always an indication of a player's true quality. There are lots of big money busts.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Gazidis and Sanllehi made a mess of the situation. They kept Ramsey because Emery liked him, but then revoked his contract offer a few months later. Made no sense at the time and we lost out on either getting a fee for him or securing his long-term futre.

Do we know this? There were a lot of reports that Arsenal decided to withdraw Ramsey's contract for both financial and footballing reasons. I realize that the summer narrative was that Emery wanted to build the team around Ramsey (which never made a lick of sense to me), but later it was widely reported that Emery did not see him as a tactical fit at the top of the press. It was shortly after Gazidis decided to leave for AC Milan that Arsenal reversed course on Ramsey, so it appeared to me that Sanllehi and Emery held a different view than Gazidis.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do we know this? There were a lot of reports that Arsenal decided to withdraw Ramsey's contract for both financial and footballing reasons. I realize that the summer narrative was that Emery wanted to build the team around Ramsey (which never made a lick of sense to me), but later it was widely reported that Emery did not see him as a tactical fit at the top of the press. It was shortly after Gazidis decided to leave for AC Milan that Arsenal reversed course on Ramsey, so it appeared to me that Sanllehi and Emery held a different view than Gazidis.
Ramsey was the most suited player in emery system in any formation he played in we withdrawn his contact because we got many players are over 100K a week including tow players who are on 500K combined

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Ramsey was the most suited player in emery system in any formation he played in we withdrawn his contact because we got many players are over 100K a week including tow players who are on 500K combined

Considering that Ramsey only started 14 games in the Premier League this season, I'm not sure Emery agrees with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom