• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,472,546

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is obviously where all those reporting a £40 million budget got that figure because this was released just about the time we started seeing it. However, everyone neglected this little tidbit:

There are new commercial deals starting to come on stream that will give a boost in 2019 but these figures demonstrate why Arsenal really do need to secure a Champions league position at the end of the season.

AST acknowledged new commercial revenue (which will be available July 1), but did not include it in their calculations. If we add the £40 million boost in commercial revenue to their £40 million estimate, that would bring us potentially to £80 million. Champions League would, of course, add a nice chunk on top of that.

Of course the thing is that since Arsenal is now private and doesn't publish its books, AST is just giving it their best guess. That's all anyone can do. None of us know. AST doesn't know. David Ornstein and Jeremy Wilson don't know. I certainly don't know.

And that's why I'm not going to get caught up in all the doom and gloom over these reports about the alleged budget. We'll know by the end of the day on Aug. 8 about how much Arsenal was willing to spend.

Can anyone think of any reason why we would spend less than our 70 million last summer? I mean even if we don't count those sponsorship deals.

What is the logic behind spending less if everyone is just guessing? Did we even sell anyone last summer which could explain less money to spend?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
This is obviously where all those reporting a £40 million budget got that figure because this was released just about the time we started seeing it. However, everyone neglected this little tidbit:

There are new commercial deals starting to come on stream that will give a boost in 2019 but these figures demonstrate why Arsenal really do need to secure a Champions league position at the end of the season.

AST acknowledged new commercial revenue (which will be available July 1), but did not include it in their calculations. If we add the £40 million boost in commercial revenue to their £40 million estimate, that would bring us potentially to £80 million. Champions League would, of course, add a nice chunk on top of that.

Of course the thing is that since Arsenal is now private and doesn't publish its books, AST is just giving it their best guess. That's all anyone can do. None of us know. AST doesn't know. David Ornstein and Jeremy Wilson don't know. I certainly don't know.

And that's why I'm not going to get caught up in all the doom and gloom over these reports about the alleged budget. We'll know by the end of the day on Aug. 8 about how much Arsenal was willing to spend.

He says he has sources close to the situation.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Can anyone think of any reason why we would spend less than our 70 million last summer? I mean even if we don't count those sponsorship deals.

What is the logic behind spending less if everyone is just guessing? Did we even sell anyone last summer which could explain less money to spend?

Last year the club made a £70 million profit, but they may well have an operating loss this year for the first time since 2002. Being without Champions League has caused them to take a hit. So that needs to be factored in.

drippin

Last year the club made a £70 million profit, but they may well have an operating loss this year for the first time since 2002. Being without Champions League has caused them to take a hit. So that needs to be factored in.

Okay sure, but haven't Arsenal been 2 years without CL already?

drippin

That's the problem. Two straight years of the financial hit of being without it.

I still don't follow how it shows this year so badly, and not last when we spent 70 million pounds. Then we already had been out for one year.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I really don't get how we haven't sold Ramsey & Welbeck last summer if our finances are that bad.

I can't wait for the excuses they will make if we get to the CL and still witness a lack of investments. As usual.

drippin

I really don't get how we haven't sold Ramsey & Welbeck last summer if our finances are that bad.

I can't wait for the excuses they will make if we get to the CL and still witness a lack of investments. As usual.

It's about having good rotation players with not too big wages. We wanted to get CL this year badly.

Of course anyone could have guessed that both get injured at some point of the season.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It's about having good rotation players with not too big wages. We wanted to get CL this year badly.

Of course anyone could have guessed that both get injured at some point of the season.

This was a stupid choice. Not worth the risk. We should have taken the money and reinvested it on similar players who wouldn't cost a fortune in wages.
Because now we still have to replace them anyway, but don't get any money from them leaving.

How could we give such a fat contract to Özil knowing we couldn't afford it without taking a hit on our finances?

This is just terrible planning/managment from the club.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What’s Marks and Spencer food like these days? Whenever I talk to my mum she says she goes and gets some shopping there so that must mean it’s come down to Tesco levels. My mum was too tight to go in there when it was competing with Waitrose. These are the only reason I used to go in M&S, ****ing lovely.

D3S_7961-copy-1.jpg

M&S is good stuff. Their bakery is the best. It's kind of like buying Özil or Sanchez from Barca. It's not a rip off, but it's not cheap and you are getting quality

drippin

This was a stupid choice. Not worth the risk. We should have taken the money and reinvested it on similar players who wouldn't cost a fortune in wages.
Because now we still have to replace them anyway, but don't get any money from them leaving.

How could we give such a fat contract to Özil knowing we couldn't afford it without taking a hit on our finances?

This is just terrible planning/managment from the club.

Might be, might not.

How much money do you think we could get for players who are going to be on the last year of their contracts, demand big wages likely and are very often injured.

I give you a hint: not much money, even if someone was interested who could afford it. Probably not. It's not always so simple as to just sell or buy someone.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Might be, might not.

How much money do you think we could get for players who are going to be on the last year of their contracts, demand big wages likely and are very often injured.

I give you a hint: not much money, even if someone was interested who could afford it. Probably not. It's not always so simple as to just sell or buy someone.

If we got £40M for Ox who was in the last year of his contract, and who is injury prone, don't you think we could have gotten at minimum a similar fee for Ramsey, who is a much better player imo?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We should still sell first before buying specially in defense we have 6 center backs we have to sell 2 like Chambers and mustafi. In midfield we'll likely buy ramsey replacement and hopefully sell elneny and promote willock to replace him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If we got £40M for Ox who was in the last year of his contract, and who is injury prone, don't you think we could have gotten at minimum a similar fee for Ramsey, who is a much better player imo?
I think last summer we were all expected for him to sign new contract it was all agreed that time. Agree about Welbeck

drippin

Ramsey was demanding a lot bigger wages I think. There was already Torreira & Guendouzi as new middlefielders, so keeping some stability was okay. Also Ramsey could have renewed.

drippin

Agree about Welbeck

Who would buy an injury-prone striker, who is 3 years older than Ox, and before this season could not strike the ball without falling to his face. Ox had great season.

We could have got 10-20 millions for him I think. What kind of replacement can you get at that price? Martinelli costs 6-8 millions I think and he is young and cannot perform likely yet at Arsenal I think.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Who would buy an injury-prone striker, who is 3 years older than Ox, and before this season could not strike the ball without falling to his face.

We could have got 10-20 millions for him I think. What kind of replacement can you get at that price? Martinelli costs 6-8 millions I think and he is young and cannot perform yet I think.
Crystal place I remember wanted him last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom