• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Say what? Have you even been reading this place? :lol::lol:

It's been the complete opposite. People on here have had a dig at Wenger on the slightest form of improvement on last season they've seen this season ffs.

Ngl I actually don’t read 95% of posts :lol:
My point stands though. Why there’s a war between 2 horrible seasons makes zero sense. Just because emery has been terrible shouldn’t put any shine on AW last season. Both equally awful seasons

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Ngl I actually don’t read 95% of posts :lol:
My point stands though. Why there’s a war between 2 horrible seasons makes zero sense. Just because emery has been terrible shouldn’t put any shine on AW last season. Both equally awful seasons

There's a war because the Emery stan have had a dig a Wenger every time he's done something good.

And now when it's all said and done, fact is that he's basically **** all.

Btw. Nobody is putting shine on Wenger's last season. It was a complete mess.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whole season gone, and our play still has no identity

Exactly. This to me is what makes me think Emery is on borrowed time.

A team with identity that doesn't always get it right would be easier to swallow than this crap

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
We looked clueless today. Other than Kolasinac deliveries we had nothing.
We can't defend, our attack is pretty clueless unless kolasinac or AMN is bombing down the left or right leaving us exposed in defense, dont even think we registered a shot on target in the first half due to lack of chance creation, shouldn't take a season to have some sort of playing identity, I'm worried.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why should we give Emery another season?

Seriously want to know what people have been watching to think he deserves it. Why do you put him above fans that have to put up with his crap performances? Guy got paid to do a jump and came up short.

Best thing about the club currently is we have a few bright young talents in the 17-24 range. Those players need guidance, is Emery your man for that?

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

There's a war because the Emery stan have had a dig a Wenger every time he's done something good.

And now when it's all said and done, fact is that he's basically **** all.

Btw. Nobody is putting shine on Wenger's last season. It was a complete mess.

Didn’t even know there was such thing as Emery stan

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why should we give Emery another season?

It’s expensive firing a manager if there’s no clear improvement out there which I don’t think there is.

If one is available in the next few months then for me it’s adios Unai but constantly sacking managers as Chelsea and Utd have found out is an expensive business.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I remember when wenger took over from rioch in his first three games you could tell what he was about. Not to bring him up because I'm glad he is gone, but this can't be a good sign for emery.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I remember when wenger took over from rioch in his first three games you could tell what he was about. Not to bring him up because I'm glad he is gone, but this can't be a good sign for emery.
I think we saw what emery team can do in first few months sadly it all gone after that really don't know the reason maybe holding and bellerin injures played big part but still it's not enough excuse for him

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The reason you don't fire Emery, is because I believe the players trust him. Might be wrong but I think they do.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also sacking manager every season mean there is no stability. But its clear now to all of us if there no improvement next season in first few months the club should terminate his contract

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Exactly. This to me is what makes me think Emery is on borrowed time.

A team with identity that doesn't always get it right would be easier to swallow than this crap

I’m not so sure that he’s on borrowed time. Do we have anyone at the club who would make the decision to sack him? Do the Kroenke’s care enough? Who would be advising them on such a decision?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s expensive firing a manager if there’s no clear improvement out there which I don’t think there is.

If one is available in the next few months then for me it’s adios Unai but constantly sacking managers as Chelsea and Utd have found out is an expensive business.
Precisely - only Allegri is available and I don't think we should go in that direction. Better hang onto Emery for at least another season.

It's either him or Freddie!

blaze_of_glory

I think we saw what emery team can do in first few months sadly it all gone after that really don't know the reason maybe holding and bellerin injures played big part but still it's not enough excuse for him
Yeah the start of the season looked very promising, and you could see a clear plan of how Emery wanted to play. But as has been pointed out, we kind of rode our luck through that long unbeaten run. Once that ended we started seeing real cracks and the results and play became very poor. We only really recovered (in the league anyway) for a couple months in early 2019 before regressing again through the spring.

Most of the season was pretty poor looking back on it. If we hadn't gotten away with good results in those early months despite plenty of poor play we'd not be anywhere near the CL spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom