• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Wilshero

A good player for a good price imo, just wish he'd been a RW. Think he'll be very motivated getting another opportunity at top european football.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Ndidi isnt better than any of the Cms. All of cms can pass for starters.

Kola is levelss above Chillwell

Lacca and PEA are better than Vardy.

Maddison vs Praet is pretty close and I think with Praet more defensive contribution, pressing and work rate he is a better fit with Torreira and Xhaka.

Only two i agree with
Tielemans over Xhaka (both of whom I rate).

Maguire over our cbs.
Why do you insist on Xhaka still being part of the picture? He needs to be in the bin bag pronto.

Token Yank

I’ve always wanted Carrasco here. Would be brilliant business for the price. Now fully expecting he goes to United and tears it up.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not liking the 4-4-2 discussion here. Really hope we don't start the next season with two strikers. Although it made sense in the short term to play both Lacazette and Aubameyang, I think we should opt against it next season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not liking the 4-4-2 discussion here. Really hope we don't start the next season with two strikers. Although it made sense in the short term to play both Lacazette and Aubameyang, I think we should opt against it next season.
442 because with the players we linked with it will be the best possible formation better than 3412 and creating nothing and heavily depend on wingbacks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

It won’t be 4-4-2. It will be Auba our wide or either one of them on the bench.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It won’t be 4-4-2. It will be Auba our wide or either one of them on the bench.

If we sign a player like YC we'll deffo see our striker options chop and change imo. Both Auba and Lacazette will get plenty of minutes next year, may even see Auba out wide as you suggest, which imo wasn't that bad since he still managed to bag.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If we sign a player like YC we'll deffo see our striker options chop and change imo. Both Auba and Lacazette will get plenty of minutes next year, may even see Auba out wide as you suggest, which imo wasn't that bad since he still managed to bag.

Praet AM, Auba wide. Arsenal winners of Championship 2021.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
442 would be even worse.

Auba and Laca are rubbish footballers, would be terrible viewing especially with limited players like Torreira in midfield.
i think it will give us more options to attack we'll wide midfielders and maybe box 2 box mid to be and extra player when we go forward and i think Laca will play just behind auba. im just predicting but if we are end up getting those players it worth a try for few games.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Auba will never work as LW i would rather play Nelson there instead Praet is not a playmaker too.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Defending and physicality is very different in England compared to Bundesliga due to the refereeing as well as other factors but being able to head or not is not Auba's problem. The real problem is he can't physically duel or go into duels and occupy defenders in the PL. He doesn't or can't get himself in a situation to win headers.

Its a physical and mental thing but then again in the PL winning physical battles is much more difficult from other leagues. Llorente said he couldn't cope with it well enough even though he is a target striker with a super strong body and a great header of the ball.

That may very well be the case, but the original argument was about whether or not Aubameyang is "**** at heading the ball" (specifically on crosses, although after I showed him video evidence of quite a few lovely headers on crosses, he tried to make it about set pieces). Krap used the word "technique," which is not the same as opportunities.

Of course Aubameyang isn't going to get many opportunities for headed goals on crosses at Arsenal because Arsenal isn't really a crossing team. It's a team that likes to pass through spaces. But it doesn't mean that if an opportunity arises he's incapable of doing it.

And that's the last I'm going to say on the subject, which revolved only around an ignorant statement in the first place.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Bit laughable really with how many levels above he is of the other players in the top Chinese league.
He looks ****ing ****e even in the Chinese league ffs. Lots of dribbling against Sunday-league level players until he is inevitably dispossessed. It's like watching Alexis Sanchez's special need cousin at work.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Aubameyang will score the same anywhere in the front line. He doesnt get involveded in our play as it is so it doesnt matter, just stick him on the wing and tell him to arrive into the box every time we attack dangerously.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
So he run away to China from the Argentinian Pulis and now is coming back to Europe to play under the Spanish Pulis?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Auba will never work as LW

It's definitely not his best position, but depending on how you setup your wing positions, he can in fact work. He has been deployed as a speedy Muller like secondary striker coming in from the right under Klopp and Tuchel at Dortmund and it worked just fine. Completely depends on how you tactically setup, what you want from each winger and who else you field in other positions. E.g. with Reus and prime Mkhitaryan there were two creative and dynamic forces completing the attacking trio at Dortmund, who along their central mids we're well equipped to get the ball up field without having to rely on Auba taking part in building up.
It was a tactical option for them, though, but it does show that Laca and Auba can co exist at Arsenal and both get enough playing, either rotating as CF depending on opposition, form, fitness or both on the field.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom