• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkane

Don’t understand why some people would be happy selling Torreira. First season in the PL in a completely disjointed midfield/ team, and played a hell of a lot of games.

For years we were crying out for a ball winning CM and we finally have one, and he’s one of the few players who actually seems to care about the badge and not have a loser mentality. Started of extremely well and tailed off a bit second half of the season, whoever deems that worthy of being sold needs to give their head a wobble

Dj_sds -

I know Gazidis and co are incompetent but that’s stretching it. I seriously doubt that they more than doubled his wages only because of the fact that they could possibly lose 2 star players in one window. They could’ve offered him 200k/w and told him to f*ck off or accept the deal since he had zero interest from other clubs according to his haters. That makes zero sense :lol:

He knew he was in a strong position regardless of what his demands were.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

5d0a089370d6c.jpg

Team Torreira vs Team Average EPL Midfielder:lol:
Did you see the score? It was something like 150-19. Nineteen ffs.:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don’t understand why some people would be happy selling Torreira. First season in the PL in a completely disjointed midfield/ team, and played a hell of a lot of games.

For years we were crying out for a ball winning CM and we finally have one, and he’s one of the few players who actually seems to care about the badge and not have a loser mentality. Started of extremely well and tailed off a bit second half of the season, whoever deems that worthy of being sold needs to give their head a wobble
Tbf it's not about being happy to sell him.

It's about coming to terms with the fact that we seemingly can't afford anyone so we have to deal like an NBA team, essentially trading our valuable players.

It's the same reason we have this constant debate in the Auba/Lacazette threads.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tbf it's not about being happy to sell him.

It's about coming to terms with the fact that we seemingly can't afford anyone so we have to deal like an NBA team, essentially trading our valuable players.

It's the same reason we have this constant debate in the Auba/Lacazette threads.

Exactly. We bought him for £30 million and agreed to pay it instalments. If we can get £50 million for him, we can buy a replacement for him and a replacement for Ramsey.

I.e. Sangare £25 million and Matheus Henrique for the same amount. You then have a midfield of Sangare, Henrique, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Iwobi, Willock, ESR.

The key is selling at the right time. Torreira isn't going to get taller, faster or stronger. He will get fitter and be able to be more consistent. However, Sangare offers so much more physically. If we were a club based in Spain, I wouldn't be saying this, but Sangare is potentially two players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Exactly. We bought him for £30 million and agreed to pay it instalments. If we can get £50 million for him, we can buy a replacement for him and a replacement for Ramsey.

I.e. Sangare £25 million and Matheus Henrique for the same amount. You then have a midfield of Sangare, Henrique, Xhaka, Guendouzi, AMN, Iwobi, Willock, ESR.

The key is selling at the right time. Torreira isn't going to get taller, faster or stronger. He will get fitter and be able to be more consistent. However, Sangare offers so much more physically. If we were a club based in Spain, I wouldn't be saying this, but Sangare is potentially two players.

Torreira was two players the first half of the season. People easily forget. I think he will improve alot his second season here in the PL. Not sure random guy in brasil nor one season in france can replace him. Rather sell Xhaka and all the mistakes he still makes 3 seasons in.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Why not? He was playing like the best midfielder in the league at the time, the club were obviously afraid of him leaving them high and dry. Gazidis panicked.
He wouldn’t be getting astronomical wages at Arsenal of all clubs if he they didn’t have to fight off other clubs for his signature and if he was playing like the best midfielder in the league like you’re saying then him not having any offers makes even less sense.

You have any links to articles of him not being wanted by top clubs?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira was two players the first half of the season. People easily forget. I think he will improve alot his second season here in the PL. Not sure random guy in brasil nor one season in france can replace him. Rather sell Xhaka and all the mistakes he still makes 3 seasons in.

In an ideal world you sell Xhaka and have a midfield of Torreira, Sangare and Guendouzi.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No idea who the players you're talking about are but that's the kind of ruthless dealing required if we're going to get anywhere under Kroenke.

So risky though, first we don't know how good Torreira could become, secondly we don't know if his replacements will actually push on.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It isn't tho. Ramsey's intent were obvious from early on in the season, it was obvious he was leaving after we withdrew our offer.
Once you withdraw the offer it leaves very little else.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
****ing Italian clubs, isn't 35 only 5 million more than we bought him for? Cheeky ****s need a slap, specially Gazidis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom