• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,466

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just taking stock of where we are. We are stacked through the middle (with trash) and bare on both flanks.

GK
Leno
Martinez?
??

AM assuming Martinez will come in.

LB
Monreal
Kola
Tierney?

RB
Bellerin
??

I guess we will use AMN and others to cover.

CB
Sokratis
Kos
Holding
Mustafi
Mavro
Chambers

There's a lot here, assuming we sign Saliba and loan him out I don't see us a signing another unless we move on at least 2 of those. Mustafi out and Mavro loan ideal. Let Kos go and sign another.

CM
Torreira
Xhaka
Douzi
Elneny
AMN
Willock

Need to let at least 1 go. Elneny of course. Even then I don't see us signing a starter while Xhaka and Torreira are here.

AM
Mkhi
Özil

Redundant role imo, both should go.

LW
Iwobi
??

Iwobi isn't even a winger really, need a signing.

RW
Nelson
??

Need a signing.

STR
Laca
Auba
Nketiah
Martinez?

Can see Nketiah leaving.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Elneny was given a new contract last season so your story makes no sense at all.
That’s my point. He’s not playing, we tried to sell him and Ivan hands him a new deal.

That new deal makes it harder for Raul and Emery to shift him on now.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Kolasinac didn't start a PL game in that system until November 25, maybe he changed it because Özil had only one good game against Leicester up to that point.

It's not a coincidence he posted that Bergkamp quote so soon after the loss against BATE Borisov, or the fact that he was tweeting about it an hour after the match. It was all to put more media pressure on Emery.
Wingback/fullback same difference. Wasn’t making a comment on a particular system but both are true when it comes to how Emery sets up the team and Emery obviously didn’t change the system because of Özil, it was because Nacho who had started every game got injured and Kola wasn’t suited for playing LB. But you knew that already ofc.

I guess that’s one way of interpreting him posting that quote but we see what we want to see ofc.

blaze_of_glory

Love reading through two pages debating the Rwandan regime from a quarter century ago and AM’s domestic abuse problem.

Strangely nothing from the mods about taking it off topic but then again...

You should know by now that the general transfer thread has no laws but whimsy and reaction. What is celebrated one day will be crushed the next.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

40 days to get rid of half the squad, buy a few and get them settled into a 3 at the back formation.

Hate this club. COYS

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
40 days to get rid of half the squad, buy a few and get them settled into a 3 at the back formation.

Hate this club. COYS
40 days to get at least 5 players in too i know deals take long but damn we are very slow the Saliba and Tierney deals should be done already

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I've had waaaaaay too much to drink.

Might try and batter someone might not, won't be watching the womens world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom