• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,194
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think PSG surely have to be the frontrunners for Pogba. Would Juve bother now they’ve got Rabiot as well?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Either psg or real Madrid he going to end up

It's great news for manutd they'll get 100M+ for him and get few good players.

Meanwhile

He goes Madrid and I think he'll finally prove how good he really is to the world. Despite our **** form as a club he was individually fantastic.

Just hope we aren't mugs for Madrid, got to be 120m+ considering how much we bought him for and how much is left on his contract. Wonder if Isco is up for a Europa League challenge.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He goes Madrid and I think he'll finally prove how good he really is to the world. Despite our **** form as a club he was individually fantastic.

Just hope we aren't mugs for Madrid, got to be 120m+ considering how much we bought him for and how much is left on his contract. Wonder if Isco is up for a Europa League challenge.

You worried about Sean Longstaff being his replacement?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle want 50m :lol:

I like the kid, but I have no idea of how good he’s going to be based on the tiny amount of games he’s played.

That fee would be such a gamble, he may be great but he’s already had a little trouble with injuries.

Gunner-Union

longstaff has looked when ives sen him but another season at newcastle would be better for him, and 50m now nope not worth it yet

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
These fees are insane. This isn't sustainable, I can't wait for the day this bubble bursts.

Can't really see it being dead anytime soon. Wenger realized this too late, but was still right about.

More and more players will run their contracts down.

Just look at Zaha was the extension worth it when he could've gotten a hude sign in fee at the end?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

These fees are insane. This isn't sustainable, I can't wait for the day this bubble bursts.

Few people on here have been saying these giant fees are slowly killing the transfer market.

The Rabiot and Ramsey model of getting your move with a giant wedge will become the norm.

Look at De Ligt, he’s getting contract offers apparently of 400k plus but that means the team can’t pay his transfer fee.

A giant transfer fee is actually hurting him financially.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Can't really see it being dead anytime soon. Wenger realized this too late, but was still right about.

More and more players will run their contracts down.

Just look at Zaha was the extension worth it when he could've gotten a hude sign in fee at the end?
Well that in itself will burst the bubble somewhat. Sign-on fees + increased wages are still generally cheaper than these transfer fees, and if players trend towards that selling clubs will have to combat it by being less extortionate with their demands.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What’s interesting with the Griezmann saga is that unless Barcelona pay the full 120M release clause up front with no instalments the deal doesn’t happen.

He’s still probably going to go there seen as Atletico has given away his #7 jersey :lol:

However it probably means the end of the De Ligt and Neymar deals because they were looking to negotiate and pay in instalments.

Reactions: A_G

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
What’s interesting with the Griezmann saga is that unless Barcelona pay the full 120M release clause up front with no instalments the deal doesn’t happen.

He’s still probably going to go there seen as Atletico has given away his #7 jersey :lol:

However it probably means the end of the De Ligt and Neymar deals because they were looking to negotiate and pay in instalments.

I'd imagine much of the Joao Felix purchase was dependent on Griezmanns sale anyway so he's being sold no matter what but this level of pettiness is hilarious and even better when it's directed at one of the worst clubs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom