• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
continuing with established stereotyping even in the face of contrary evidence is a feature of this forum though - Mustafi is a waste of space, even when he has (the odd) good game - Jenkinson is just living the dream at our expense, even when he has a good game - Elneny is useless, even if we improve when he's substituted on - Stan has no interest in Arsenal and only cares about profit, even though it is his son who sits on the board, and does seem to care

hell, there's even a poster or two on here determined to diss Özil all the time;)
Thing is, one swallow doesn't make a summer. A mostly ineffective player can be effective now and again. It's about being right in the longer term and over a stretch, and not being unfair or knee-jerk. All things I am and aren't, respectively ;)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mbappe has everything. It's not just pace to blow past people, he knows when to use a trick and when to use his speed. I agree his mind is a weapon but he has more in his arsenal. He is a complete baller.

He had more than 100 career goals at 20. Dembele is no doubt a talent but Kylian Mbappe is generational. If he stays clear of injury, people will speak of him like they speak of Messi.
Check my original post, I haven’t disagreed with anything you’ve said.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can anyone clarify the number disparity if discussed? I've warmed up to Twitter for transfer rumors but I'm not ready to try and translate Twitter math.

He said it would be impossible for us to sign him if Napoli offered €64m.....

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Thing is, one swallow doesn't make a summer. A mostly ineffective player can be effective now and again. It's about being right in the longer term and over a stretch, and not being unfair or knee-jerk. All things I am and aren't, respectively ;)
since we're avoiding cliches, I'll second your 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' with the equally shrewd observation that every dog has its day

let us hope that in the longer term those days stretch out into a whole season, and we live to see Arsenal at the very least back into the CL

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That's a lot of money. Can't say I'm too familiar with him, which is partly why I'm surprised at the amount you're paying.

Sounds like he's exactly what you've been missing out wide though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hi, you're in the wrong place. We all hate Arsenal.
That's a lot of money. Can't say I'm too familiar with him, which is partly why I'm surprised at the amount you're paying.

Yes and no, what Pepe probably lacks that we desperately needed was the ability to provide width. Zaha would for example offer that, but Pepe is a Robben type of winger that tries to cut in and won't deliver you crosses on his right foot.

We'll need our fullbacks to help out with that a lot, cannot go through the middle in most cases against smaller teams when they sit tight.
That's the downside.

The good thing is that we'll get one of the most thought after wingers in Europe, who's still young and can further develop his game who also finally offers abilities we lacked, namely to beat a man or two and provide a bit of chaos.

He's got pretty good output as well

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we assume Pepe & Zaha were the targets, and both costing 80-90 million, the 2,5 years younger Pepe is a good shout with his output and trajectory, has character too. Like you said, Arsenal clearly needs a quality proven winger.

One thing to consider about Zaha would be boosting United's transfer budget because of the transfer. And Palace have him on tight rope, Pepe can leave easier.

Like I said earlier, this kind of winger transfer now is very important to keep Auba & Laca pursuing top 4, and get them to sign new contracts.

Tierney and CB after this? I surely hope so, but let's see this through first.

benjamin86

Established Member
If we assume Pepe & Zaha were the targets, and both costing 80-90 million, the 2,5 years younger Pepe is a good shout with his output and trajectory, has character too. Like you said, Arsenal clearly needs a quality proven winger.

One thing to consider about Zaha would be boosting United's transfer budget because of the transfer. And Palace have him on tight rope, Pepe can leave easier.

Like I said earlier, this kind of winger transfer now is very important to keep Auba & Laca pursuing top 4, and get them to sign new contracts.

Tierney and CB after this? I surely hope so, but let's see this through first.
One of the issues with Zaha is our front line would be 30, 28 and 27.

Iceman10

Established Member
The long-term project with this player could well be to develop him into the 2020's version of 2000's Thierry Henry. The distribution of ages, with Auba 30, Laca 28, and Pepe 24 allows that development to progress over time, starting with him being RW / inside forward.

In the short-term, an inside forwards set-up with Auba and Pepe could be similar in some ways to Pires and Freddie, but such a parallel depends very much on our full-backs.

As Auba phases out there could even be shades of DB10 and TH14 between Laca and Pepe

... and then Pepe would takeover from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom