• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What prospect? He's barely younger than Sterling ffs & still doesn't even know how to shoot, the most basic aspect of an offensive player. Every shot he takes is a powerless drive straight at the keeper while he falls down half the time he takes those shots.
He's a bum, has been saying it for years.
He's not a bum bro but he's poor in the final 3rd. Even though I know peeps are going to bring up his stats. He's a bit like Walcott in that give him too much time and he can't figure out what to do. On the fly he's okay but he doesn't have the ability to figure out what to do with the ball where it counts the most.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That's not what I'm saying, the point is the general lack of patience with young players. It's easy to say that Iwobi hasn't improved 3 years on from establishing himself as a first-team player but people turned on him much earlier than that.
Yeah, I hear you. Noteworthy as well that people were singing his praises after ten games but turned on him after a few performances. Must say I haven't been all that impressed but I was a contributer to that silly logic.

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Selling Iwobi before Mkhi is awful idea , man can literally play 3-4 positions including CM. Insane to sell him for less than 40 mill and to Everton who are right up our tails in the EPL race .

Beggers can't be choosers, Cel. Ideally we move both in the next 12.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No he can’t. He can play two positions (wide and as a 10), both to an average standard. People like saying he can play here there and everywhere so they can pretend he’s not performing because he hasn’t found his true position on the pitch. It’s all bollocks.

From what I have seen he definitely can , because you don't agree doesn't mean it's bollocks.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I think we can squeeze another 5-10m out of Everton. Put that money towards a CB and LB and we're set for an exciting season.

LG10

Still think Iwobi has all the tools to explode if he got his act together but on paper selling makes sense. If it means emery will give Nelson a proper go than I’d be for it.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Haha so any player who makes 100 apps by 23 but doesn’t do much else makes his value way over £30m?

Amazing business to get £30m for this guy

100 games for Arsenal team is different than 100 games for a mid-table team, regardless of your opinion, that's how the market works. Besides he scored 3 goals and assisted 6 last season so he did something. Just because you don't make it as a leading player at Arsenal, doesn't mean you can't contribute elsewhere. And we shouldn't sell put players for discount just because some of our fans don't seem to comprehend that a player be somewhere between **** and world class. If Tierney is £25m and Maguire is £80m, Iwobi is more than £30m, for sure.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tell you what. Old Davidoff Ornsteinfa is keep really really quiet on Arsenal incomings. Is something brewing?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The amount of hype these young kids generate is a double edged sword. Fans end up expecting them to be top players by the time they’re 21.

It’s very rare a player puts it all together when they’re still a teenager, the likes of Fabregas and Messi are the exception not the norm.

People are going to be expecting Saliba to hit the ground running next year when he’ll only be 19 years old.

Progression isn’t linear, players don’t develop at the same age at the same pace. Some don’t put it together until they’re in their mid 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom