• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I will wait with any praise or critics.

Had a very reduced squad today, youngstars did well but could have ended with a draw. In that case i would be in a very different mood about the same performance :rolleyes:

Now im happy looking forward, hope Emery will build on our new players and still promote some of our youth.
Agree. But he needs to be braver. Play Willock deeper not as a 10 for example. Even with a reduced squad, you looked at the bench and saw players who could do something despite our injuries. If he improves, I thinks it's the difference between CL and EL. Still, it's good to get an opening day win.

Balboa

Loving the hair
  • First it was the catalyst for change statement from the follically challenged legend Ivan
  • The Wenger & Alexis left + plenty of deadwood
  • Then Raul, Sven, Edu, Fahmy were brought in
  • Adidas were finally tapped up to rid the club of those tacky Puma kits.
  • Several transfer windows were excellent, moving in the right direction. Class players and prospects in, the second phase of deadwood removal with Iwobi & Jenkinson out.
  • Unais new haircut
Now is this the final piece of the jigsaw? Unai has a proper short back and sides. The quasi-mullet has gone! Top 4 secured with that I think....

Axel_Gunner

Agree. But he needs to be braver. Play Willock deeper not as a 10 for example. Even with a reduced squad, you looked at the bench and saw players who could do something despite our injuries. If he improves, I thinks it's the difference between CL and EL. Still, it's good to get an opening day win.

Yeah i also tend to critisice some decitions like this but i think there are some internal reasons we just dont know about. Noone knows how our training sessions worked out so far especially looking at our new players

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah i also tend to critisice some decitions like this but i think there are some internal reasons we just dont know about. Noone knows how our training sessions worked out so far especially looking at our new players
True. But I find it hard to believe that in training, Willock was great as a 10 but rubbish as a 8. My guess is that he did what was needed to grind out a result. Willock did ok imo and would have been even better if he had swapped positions with Guendouzi. Let's get players fit and see what happens. That's when it gets interesting.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I thought he did OK with the squad he had. Changed appropriately when we expected they may come at us, which they didn't.

Hard to judge much on that, but happy with an away win using such a depleted squad. First half was a hard watch though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Might just be an optimist when it comes to Arsenal, but I can’t help but feel this guy is going to prove a lot of people wrong this season. He’s a very good manager.
The thing is that hes still learning and is rebuilding a team, which isnt easy. Some people just want to pick fault and your right he will prove them wrong.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I thought he did OK with the squad he had. Changed appropriately when we expected they may come at us, which they didn't.

Hard to judge much on that, but happy with an away win using such a depleted squad. First half was a hard watch though.

He plays youth only when forced, and changes them out when he thinks they tire at 60-70 minutes! Guendouzi and AMN don't count of course, what do these guys think.

He changes lineup when he gets injuries and suspensions and fcks up our play! Why change so often! They are only injuries and suspensions, and who needs rotation in EPL! Only pussies rotate in fear of injuries.

Also his favourites Mustafi and Elneny are getting a vacation! What is this, some holiday club?

I could go on, but I can only say #EmeryOut, Newcastle away was poverty football, don't you start on how we had injuries and have not won first match away in a long time. Excuses, excuses! Pfftt...

Iceman10

Established Member
wth is going on in this thread. Angry people after an away win for the season opener. smh.

picard-facepalm.jpg

drippin

wth is going on in this thread. Angry people after an away win for the season opener. smh.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Sorry am I that bad in sarcasm. :) Just imitating some people to show how silly things seem to affect people not to support the Arsenal manager in his first or second season.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
No more lowering expectations for Emery really should be competing for the league with this squad top 4 is a minimum, board has backed him, time for some results.

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Performances aside I just really like what we are doing, the signings look excellent (really looking forward to seeing Tierney play) and lots of young players being given chances Nelson, Willock, Guendouzi, Martinelli, AMN and Chambers still youngish, Pepe and Tierney to come in, ESR and Holding as well plus Saliba next year.
Actively trying to sell deadwood like Jenkinson, Elneny etc instead of letting them leech around and leaving Mustafi out of the squad made me happier than I can remember.
We really seem to be going the right way towards getting some sort of identity back instead of just filling the squad with overpaid foreign mediocrity/dross.

Even the way we dealt with Koscielny screwing us over, didn't pander to the bullying and got a decent fee then quickly brought in Louise as a replacement.
I'm convinced the previous regime would have just let him go for nothing and then not replaced him "we have internal solutions".

Still think we have to be a little forgiving regarding the performances, half the squad is either injured or new to this team, it's probably going to take a bit longer to fully click.

drippin

No more lowering expectations for Emery really should be competing for the league with this squad top 4 is a minimum, board has backed him, time for some results.

By competing for the league, you mean challenge for the title? "No more lowering expectations." :rofl:

Have you looked at Liverpool & City last year and their squads? Have you looked at our defence?

We won't have our best fullbacks for maybe couple of months, and even then our CB's are Sokratis, Luiz, Chambers and coming back from bad injury Holding. Challenge for the title would be a miracle.

Agree that Emery should be 3rd or 4th this year still, we really need it. Won't be easy though with our injury and other problems.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

You think this squad is a squad capable of winning the premier league?

This squad is starting to look better but they are still a mile of city. Get rid of dead wood and sign another top centre half and maybe a top central midfielder to replace Xhaka then maybe we will get close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom