• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Just the same Guardiola did before taking FC Barcelona. Prepare himself a lot, being smart and more important... having a philosophy, a positive and dominant proposition over those negative managers some think they are good and defend even when their teams play awful and drop points every week against mid table teams

Pep was managing Barca B and dominating in the lower divisions. Arteta needs to get a
Job for at least a season ala lampard.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Not sure Arteta has done anything to prove that besides say he would prefer to play attacking football.
What Guardiola did before taking Barcelona? He was playing in Dorados de Culiacán at the end of his football career. He was a very good midfielder in Barcelona and just that. He then prepared himself as manager and his first job was Barcelona. Seems very similar to Arteta

yorch44

Pep was managing Barca B and dominating in the lower divisions. Arrests needs to get a g
Job for at least a season ala lampard.
managing Barcelona B is close to nothing. That ligue is super low tier. And with the talent they had in Barcelona B is not that hard to dominate it.

Barcelona did take a big risk believing in a new and young manager... they got rewarded.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bunch of papers are running the story this morning that Emery is fighting to save his job after losing a number of the dressing room

ChefMan21

Nice words from Arteta, but actions speak louder. Wenger came with managerial experience before joining a big club; SAF, Klopp, Simeone, etc all did too. Not saying he can't do it, but why would we take the risk?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Bunch of papers are running the story this morning that Emery is fighting to save his job after losing a number of the dressing room
If that is right & not media made up then he might only be given a number of weeks, the board may be starting to realize now he isn't up to it. Just think it's funny considering the board apparently said yesterday by what Ornstein said they still have faith.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He can't take responsibility for anything. He has sidelined Özil and avoided the issue instead of working on it. he should have made the captain decision instantly when Kos gave it up instead he handed it over to the team to do it for him. He's now apparently putting it to the squad to decide if he should be captain still? That can't be true, no manager is that spineless??

God help us.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
What Guardiola did before taking Barcelona? He was playing in Dorados de Culiacán at the end of his football career. He was a very good midfielder in Barcelona and just that. He then prepared himself as manager and his first job was Barcelona. Seems very similar to Arteta

Not sure if that’s the rule or exception. Id love to see that happen though. I’d definitely back Arteta over Mourinho.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

managing Barcelona B is close to nothing. That ligue is super low tier. And with the talent they had in Barcelona B is not that hard to dominate it.

Barcelona did take a big risk believing in a new and young manager... they got rewarded.

That’s totally false, if you stuck the Chelsea reserves into the Championship they might get top half over the course of the season.

Yes they’re more talented but you’re still playing with kids against experienced professionals in every single game.

It’s totally different to the U-23’s where the emphasis is on player development and you’re playing against other youngsters.

yorch44

Not sure if that’s the rule or exception. Id love to see that happen though. I’d definitely back Arteta over Mourinho.
Obviously not the rule but not and exception either... I think is more related to the person itself. I give Pep as an example because I think they are similar and Arteta for sure has learned a lot from him. It’s like in every professional job, if you are the right hand from one of the best in the world You are going to learn something... and Arteta has always been a smart person.

He is like Lampard, a very very smart guy that even as a player you could see how they read the game... to do that as a player is because you understand the game itself and how it works. So players who are known for reading very well the game are likely to be good managers if of course, they prepare themselves. Guardiola was like this as a player.

So tbh I have faith in Arteta even if He has no experience as manager... at least He knows what it means to be an Arsenal player and the structure of the team, and how Guardiola and Wenger worked.

Last edited:

yorch44

That’s totally false, if you stuck the Chelsea reserves into the Championship they might get top half over the course of the season.

Yes they’re more talented but you’re still playing with kids against experienced professionals in every single game.

It’s totally different to the U-23’s where the emphasis is on player development and you’re playing against other youngsters.
Championship is levels above over La Liga 2 ... you cannot compare the structure from some low tier teams in Spain and the English teams... even championship teams has so much better infrastructure and money than every team in Segunda Division de la Liga

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lost "part" of the dressing room :lol::lol:

If you've lost a part you've lost it all. It's fair & well the players come out & back their boss. The reality is they have no more faith in him than they would with a lemur in a 3 piece suit on the bench.

The only thing his talk with Josh will have done is embolden him. Now, he can persevere with his clueless tinkering whilst continuing to derail our season,all to massage his misplaced confidence in his extremely limited abilities.

Sack him now so we can still salvage our season.
:rofl:. Poetic truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom