• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why do you think he might play him then, other than to try and utilise all the qualities that he’s said he has—the same qualities that you and others say he has and the team are bereft of? Would he be right, wrong, crazy or stupid to play the guy who’s still earning 350k a week?

I don’t get it, what’s to moan about?
I don’t understand why so many mixed messages from the manager? It’s like this Özil thing has got him scrambling around, and now he’s doing the same with Xhaka.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don’t understand why so many mixed messages from the manager? It’s like this Özil thing has got him scrambling around, and now he’s doing the same with Xhaka.
Creating his own issues almost as if he knows he needs a distration from the ****show we're fed on the ptich.

scytheavatar

Established Member

He hasn't gotten scrambling around by the Özil thing, it is clear that Özil's Arsenal career is over and there's no way back. Fans simply are in denial of it. The Xhaka situation is more complicated because the bottom line is that an apology does nothing to change the dynamics between Xhaka and the fans. Xhaka is working his hardest and trying his best, but unfortunately his best isn't good enough. The boos will still continue as long as Xhaka plays. So there's no easy solution here other than sell Xhaka in Jan or next summer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's hard to imagine Mesut isn't super motivated right now, though, innit? A few little pickets of support in the stadium with the songs, the team looking for inspiration from a high quality player and a great chance to stick it in to a manager he no doubt despise's. Everywhere he looks, he must be seeing something that stokes the fire. Who knows what may have been had he picked him weeks ago, but you can't deny the situation is cherry ripe for him to come in and be the hero. The stage is set. Was this always the occasion Emery had in mind? Who knows... Just him playing ok and us winning will be enough to get his supporters damp again. The bar is low. Come on Mesut. I'm glad to see him get another chance.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It's hard to imagine Mesut isn't super motivated right now, though, innit? A few little pickets of support in the stadium with the songs, the team looking for inspiration from a high quality player and a great chance to stick it in to a manager he no doubt despise's. Everywhere he looks, he must be seeing something that stokes the fire. Who knows what may have been had he picked him weeks ago, but you can't deny the situation is cherry ripe for him to come in and be the hero. The stage is set. Was this always the occasion Emery had in mind? Who knows... Just him playing ok and us winning will be enough to get his supporters damp again. The bar is low. Come on Mesut. I'm glad to see him get another chance.

Motivated or not, he hasn’t played a full match in ages. Happy to see him in the team as I think he’s a quality player but I’m not expecting him to light the world on fire... low bar and all that as you say. Of course I hope I’m wrong, just find it difficult to see a player coming straight into a game and killing it after having been out for so long.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Motivated or not, he hasn’t played a full match in ages. Happy to see him in the team as I think he’s a quality player but I’m not expecting him to light the world on fire... low bar and all that as you say. Of course I hope I’m wrong, just find it difficult to see a player coming straight into a game and killing it after having been out for so long.
True, and away to Liverpool nogal

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It’s clearly a trap setup by Emery... but Özil knows and he needs to commit. Sometimes you go knowing that... I hope Özil goes victorious and shuts Emery’s. It’s the best could happen for the team, an in form Özil.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
EIJ3FyPX0AAYXjd

Wallahi, you make me laugh!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Made Emery look like a complete fool tonight. Not that we didn`t already know that but still so deserved for our completely useless manager.

GunnerShy

Night could hardly have gone better for him. He's so much more creative on the ball. It's hard to imagine going to any game home or away without him at least on the bench. Madness really

elemoo

Tonight against Pool, he was the focal point that made 3 of our goals, his first touches from high balls were slick and he was nutmeging the opposition.... in some ways I think that his presence alone, raises the game of those around him especially the kids who look up to him.

Still pretty lame defensively against counters but he recovered the ball several times.... did y'all see the composure he had on the byline with 3 pool players around him before passing it back to Martinez.

No surprise our creativity died when he went off , he just makes the game flow and even though we lost, it was entertaining! Auba and Co. must be desperate to play with him in the PL bcos currently our strikers are feeding off scraps atm.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Done what he really asked to do today deserve to start against Wolves he earned his chance there is bit of hope in me that he was taken off at 2nd half to save him from injury. But this is only hope i won't be surprised if emery not starting him

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
lets no go overboard ok.
he had a good game, he knew he was going to play only 60 minutes so he went for it, he had a point to make and he made it.

He can walk in our team if we play trought the middle of the park.
if we continue with Unais obsesion with the flanks i dont see him fit in at all.

Problem is that when we play trought the middle we became very vulnerable.

I like him. When he feels like it he can unlock almost any tricky situation around him, he can resolve everything with a pass. one of a kind player but again when he feels like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom