• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll like it if we manage to purchase or even just loan Lemar but you'd have to think aswell Arteta is going to get a CB aswell wouldn't you? If Lemar is the only guy we get without a CB I'd be pretty disappointed same as alot of Gunners fans I'd presume?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lemar’s best position is a number 10, same as Özil. Probably agent talk to try to get him out of Atletico where his career has not just stalled, but regressed.

blaze_of_glory

Lemar’s best position is a number 10, same as Özil. Probably agent talk to try to get him out of Atletico where his career has not just stalled, but regressed.
Özil's not gonna be here forever though. Lemar could play on the left and then potentially take over at 10 after Özil.

StefanB

A loan with no obligation to buy and I'm all over it, I think. There's a player in there somewhere...

Agree.

Hardworking with great technique and a brilliant left foot. He's lost his way though working under Simeone, but he was truly brilliant for Monaco before the club sold everyone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Atletico will only sell Lemar or at best loan him with obligation to buy. The price tag will be over 50 M. Not worth it. Too much money on a rehabilitation project.

Nah we won’t hold out for that much, his value is probably half that. He’s barely started this year, his value has tanked.

The club have publicly said they want him out, including Simeone.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
No way he would like the idea of going to Jose, after all that defensive strict football at Madrid.
he's probably dreaming of Arsenal move atm. Don't think we need him now, but if we sell someone, I would love him.
Very Arsenal type of a player

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil's not gonna be here forever though. Lemar could play on the left and then potentially take over at 10 after Özil.
Lemar is also left footed, so he’d probably work better on the right where Pepe is the big money buy, assisted by Reiss Nelson.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
The idea of asking this a year or two back seems crazy but who would currently be the better signing of Lemar and Fraser?

Pros for Fraser include being tried and tested in the league and obviously being free this summer.

I can't say I've seen much of Lemar at Atletico but going by what some of you are saying it seems a massive gamble. Bullet dodged when we went close to spending, what was it, £90m on him a few years back.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bullet dodged when we went close to spending, what was it, £90m on him a few years back.
I remember when that news broke out. I was furious that we had been tight all summer and wanted to chuck £90m on Lemar.

I would have rather sold Sanchez to City and not bought anyone than sign him for £90m. There was a very slim chance he was ever going to fulfill that fee.

Newchange

Agree.

Hardworking with great technique and a brilliant left foot. He's lost his way though working under Simeone, but he was truly brilliant for Monaco before the club sold everyone.

Miki was also brilliant at Dortmund and look how that turned out. One thing we need to stop doing as a club is buying players who are either surplus to requirements or struggle mentally at the top level. Lemar needs to go back to France and rediscover his form.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Now that I think about it I’m torn.

As an Arsenal supporter Id be upset with blowing money on a lightweight castoff LW with the other problems within the squad, but as a long time A-Mer I’d be pretty great to see @THunter when we finally get his boy.

Ffs, @THunter was absolutely mad about this fella back then :lol: - but to be fair, many, including me, have been hyped up by his form.

He might just recreate it here under Arteta, but given the situation we're in, in which any financial mistake could cost us dearly, we should really focus on the absolute musts first anyways.

Get high potential players in for CM and CB that fit the criterias and who do not have a glaring weakness and then, if there's any leeway, consider luxury/high risk signings.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom